Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD FAQ

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm using music from the whole series. From the ones I've used so far, Onyx was from Pure, Disconnect was a download for Pure, Sick was from Fusion, Landmass was from 2097, Tokyo from Pulse, PETROL from the original, and Know Where To Run was from 3. That's a thought actually, I might list where each piece of music is from in the video descriptions.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Excellent job with the new videos as usual, Hellfire.

The Chenghou Project one even inspired me to attempt to finally take that corner using Goteki 45 without scraping the wall... while I didn't succeed with that, I equaled the lap time shown in the tutorial, so I was happy enough.

PSN ID
    Vic_Viper_1985

Very nice videos, keep up the good work

I now know what I've been doing wrong trying to turbo at the top of serbenco climb. I always wondered why I was having such a hard time keeping the craft down.

It's also nice to be able to see the effect airbraking actually has on cornering (turning the nose in as opposed to tilting the craft). Due to the general speed of the game and concentrating on what I was doing I had never really noticed this before.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

stickied surely?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Vineta K Reverse and Anulpha Pass Reverse are now up.

Also, a question. I'm starting recording for the Fury tracks tonight. As most players who are likely to use these videos will be using the Fury craft, should I record them using a Fury craft myself or stick with the original Goteki45 for continuity?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

continuity methinks. just mention that the tracks are dlc (you never know, someone may think otherwise )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I'd go for the Fury version of G-45, since - like you said - that's probably what most people will use on Fury tracks, and it's nice if a tutorial emulates the conditions the player is likely to face when attempting the track on their own.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Moa Therma and Chenghou Project Reverse are now up, and what a f*cking performance it was to get the bastards uploaded! Firstly I had to change the music on Moa Therma as Youtube took exception to me using Exceeder, and I had to upload Chenghou Project four times! Internet died during first upload, computer crashed during second and I accidentally closed the browser window for the third...

Fury tutorials have now been recorded too using the original Goteki45. Decided to go down the continuity path, but you can also easily see the airbrakes as well They're also recorded in widescreen

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Great additions again, Charlie, I've so much improving to do on the reverse tracks and these vids (especially the AP and CP ones so far) are immensely useful to achieve that. Only one elite gold medal left from the Fury campaign before I can hit the classic tracks again! =)

One small request though, if I may: on some of your videos we get to see the actual lap time of the recorded tutorial lap, but in some cases (such as AP and Moa reverse, from the latest batch) these times are off the screen. I know it would be too much of a hassle to re-record just to fix this, but even adding the tutorial lap time to the description of the videos would be of great help, to see how much you can improve by learning some or all tricks that are demonstrated.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

All of the original HD videos are already recorded. The off-screen lap timer was down to restrictions in the webcam software when I recorded the original videos. Since then it's been updated and I can now record in widescreen, so the Fury videos will have the times as well

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    All of the original HD videos are already recorded.
    I thought as much, and hinted at this in my post as well. What I meant was whether you could update the description attached to the video on the WeGame site to include the lap times that aren't visible (if you can still check what they were, which on second thought could probably be an issue...). I'm referring to the same text field you use to name the song artist and title used for the video and the "Part of a series of tutorials" bit.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

No idea what they were unfortunately, otherwise I would.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

All videos for the original tracks are now finished, now working on the Fury tracks. I've provided links to both WeGame and YouTube

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Videos for Talon's Junction, The Amphiseum, Modesto Heights and Tech De Ra are now available. Just the reverse variants to go

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

great work on all your videos hellfire, they are very professional and well done

These video's are very good. Ive watched a few of them they help new players from forming bad habits.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Detonator guide in first post?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Definitely, looks fantastic!

I'll probably do a Detonator video guide at some point too, but I'll only cover the basics and a few simple strategies. Yours is far more useful for more advanced players

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Awesome videos man.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Detonator and Zone Battle tutorials are now done. Thought I'd move away fromt he circuit guides for a bit.