Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Wipeout HD FAQ

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I have only noticed slowdowns when there is a lot of stuff on screen, typically at the very start of a track when you have all 8 ships on the grid, but that is over in less than a second and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

I've never experienced slowdown in detonator; and it is incredibly rare in single races. In fact I think all slowdown issues have been online, which indicates it could be a bandwidth issue, which could affect your HDD... but that's pulling straws, and probably isn't the case. NFI, really.

I've been running the game on a Sony 1080p TV over 3 years this month, and I'm usually critical... yet I don't have any significant complaints regarding HD's performance. Oh and, screens don't really dictate any fps drop...

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

I've never noticed any significant framerate drop either tbh. Any more to the point I wouldn't want to go back to 720p, it looks rubbish compared to 1080.

Anyway aren't we in the wrong thread here?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

maybe u guys don't understand what im talking about. i don't mean hard frame-drops, it's more like micro-stutter. i have 'homework' for u, plz set up ur ps3 to 1080p in system settings, go to zone mode, select moa fwd and any ship. now drive flawless until the transition from flash to sub-rapier appears (u should be in the last banked corner after 2nd mag-strip). believe me, u will recognise a very visible stutter during the transition. now set up ur ps3 to 720p in system settings, and redo the procedure explained above, u won't recognise any stutter at the transition between flash to sub-rapier now. hope u'll understand now.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Micro-stutters are a form of frame dropping, and therefore a part of the same category; i.e., they're rare. Next time I play HD I may give it a look, but I'm confident your problem is not widespread.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    teh1337cheata

I am so sick of trying to get the beat zico trophy. Ive got to 30.90 and Ive done 1000 laps on the track to get it that close. I just want to see if i can get someone to do it for me XD. I have been following the video as close as possible and still cant beat it.

PSN ID

Take a break from it for a few weeks. Do lots of other venom and flash SLs / TTs, race online a lot, then go back and have another go. Something will just click and you'll do it pretty easily, promise

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    teh1337cheata

I got it. 30.73. When I was behind my ghost I noticed I went wide on the 2nd turn so I fixed that and beat the time.

PSN ID

Good effort, satisfiying isn't it?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    teh1337cheata

I saw you Colonel. Cant remember the game though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

Thanks for the video helps. A WipEout newbie such as me did much appreciate the tutorials.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Excellent work on the videos Hellfire, it helps to find something like this to suss out some of the things that have changed, things that would take many nights to get down, so thanks from an old wiper new to the game.