Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problem account fix!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@anonymous: First off, Welcome on board!

I can assure you that your problem is a different one, since the fix over
    here belongs to an issue that reads something like "Error while trying to
    connect to server ...".

Do the following:
    - backup your WipEout HD 'Save Game' to memory stick (or whatever)
    - wipe out WipEout HD from your HDD xD
    - do a hardreset of your PS3 (power off) and turn it back on
    - download & install WipEout HD again
    - start WipEout HD and try to go online

If the error is gone then copy over your 'Save Game' and check again.
    If not, then try to start up WipEout HD using another PS3 User (another
    PSN ID) and check if the error is still there. Give a report. Hurry!
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 17th June 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    You can't get refunds off the PSN. All sales are final.
    I don't really like your attitude either. Yes, I read what you wrote. Specifically, I read that you have NAT 3, which is a problem in and of itself.
    It might not solve your WipEout HD issue, but if you get NAT 2 it's better even if there is no visible change for any of the games you're playing on any platform.
    NAT 3 cancels voice chat on the PS3 as well (It did that when I got it on my system), so you may want to get NAT 2 just for that.

Have you tried deleting and redownloading the game from the PSN Store? Maybe the data was corrupted somehow.
    Did you try on another PS3 user profile, or with a different game save?
    Yes, I have tried deleting/redownloading Wipeout HD/patches and starting the game on a fresh save. Same issue.

I know for sure it is NOT my connection since my other PSN ID's have been able to connect to Wipeout HD's servers just fine.

Therefore: I know, for certain, it is on Studio Liverpool/SCEA, SCEE, WHOEVER CONTROLS THEIR SERVERS' side that needs to be fixed.

And my attitude is because I have been trying for SIX MONTHS to connect to Wipeout HD only to have it ONCE connect on a blue-moon and be fine for that day only to go back to the "problems while connecting, error: you are already logged in" issue. That is why I'm so angry. I have paid $20 for a game that touts online and everyone I want to play said $20 game with has no issues connecting but I do.

PSN ID
    chboing

man, why does it says you have a problem whilst updating ?
    do you have the last version of the game ?

I have no clue. That's the reason I'm posting here. I dunno why the error comes up and if I persist enough instead of giving up and stewing angrily at Wipeout HD while other games play just fine.

By last version, you mean in-terms of patches? I have the 1.30 (or whatever the latest auto-update rolled out) patch downloaded and installed. I've tried every patch since 1.10. No dice in connecting to the Wipeout HD servers.

PSN ID
    chboing

well, maybe you should check the version, not assuming something ...
    and then if there is a problem with the version, delete everything like darkdrium suggested, and then try again to update the game.

and if you're too lazy to check those things, or trying what people tell you here, then have fun waiting for everything to work miraculously

and, we are not a hotline ... (means you dont need to show us you're angry, wont help you) (actually, we dont care if you're angry, at least, i dont)
    Last edited by chboing; 17th June 2009 at 11:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Okay, if what you say is right it seems like another issue than the one which was just fixed but just as serious.
    I understand your anger but I read all the posts and try my best to understand them even if I speak French.

One last thing I can think of: delete your PS3 user and re-create? Wipe everything off the PS3 and try again...
    Uhh tedious and annoying. :/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    ... I know for sure it is NOT my connection since my other PSN ID's have been able to connect to Wipeout HD's servers just fine. ...
    So your other PSN IDs just work as I type these letters here, right?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    will you be using the other account again or shall I erase your 2nd accounts?
    I'm gonna keep my second profile, just in case the servers turn apeshit on me again.
    Also, I might get angry some day, then I can use the profile and it actually has a meaning

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think it's frustration more than anything else.

I pretty sure I know who Anonymous is ,I was asked if the fix was up yet yesterday at another forum by somebody that has been suffering the exact same problems since April.
    I posted that it was a few hours later,it obviously hasn't worked [because he still can't connect].
    He must of read the post otherwise there would of been no way of him knowing about the fix,and I saw that he was online at the other forum.

Too many coincidences to be anybody else.

Pity he can't fix it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    So your other PSN IDs just work as I type these letters here, right?
    If you mean is it easy for my other regions: Yes.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4030/1000380i.jpg

Just to show you this is a new downloaded today/this evening copy of Wipeout HD.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4195/1000381f.jpg

Online main-menu *click*

Purchase/main PSN id: OMFG WTF NO.
    Japan/Hong Kong/Europe: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4209/1000382.jpg

Now, that region select photo should prove my other regions can connect FINE. If you want online photos from those, feel free to tell me. As I'm not yanking any chains. I assumed this server-side patch was going to fix this. But nope. And I have tried every patch since 1.10 (1.10/1.20/1.30/1.40) DAY ONE to connect online and no dice.

Thus, me angrily posting here to catch Studio Liverpool's attention since I know it isn't my connection but their end glitching my ID.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    NUD3_br

and 6 months latter, I FINALLY can play WipEout HD online again!

thx for everyone at SL and everybody else involved

the changes in the overall online mode since 1.30 made the game MUCH better to play ^^

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you mean is it easy for my other regions: Yes.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4030/1000380i.jpg

Just to show you this is a new downloaded today/this evening copy of Wipeout HD.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4195/1000381f.jpg

Online main-menu *click*

Purchase/main PSN id: OMFG WTF NO.
    Japan/Hong Kong/Europe: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4209/1000382.jpg

Stay with the XPOX since it likes your modems settings,Fu(k all else does.

Now, that region select photo should prove my other regions can connect FINE. If you want online photos from those, feel free to tell me. As I'm not yanking any chains. I assumed this server-side patch was going to fix this. But nope. And I have tried every patch since 1.10 (1.10/1.20/1.30/1.40) DAY ONE to connect online and no dice.

Thus, me angrily posting here to catch Studio Liverpool's attention since I know it isn't my connection but their end glitching my ID.
    AND still stubbornly refusing to admit that it is a NAT3 Problem .

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Also, I might get angry some day,
    Bring it. I`m ready.

Actually angryhabib was too fast, glad he`s gone Welcome back to all the other MIAs and huge thanks to SL for fixing it. Gives me great hope for the record tables too.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

woooooo finally all solved im very happy with this

thanks studio liverpool, thanks Paul Tweedle and thanks elhabib

now we just have to wait for the fury addon
    Attached Images Attached Images

PSN ID
    chboing

i think i've got parental control level 2 ...
    maybe this has something to do with it ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    AND still stubbornly refusing to admit that it is a NAT3 Problem .
    HOW THE HELL IS IT A NAT-3 PROBLEM IF MY OTHER *BLEEP*ING ACCOUNTS CONNECT TO THE SERVERS JUST FINE.

ARE YOU STUPID?!

CAPS TO SHOW MY POINT.

My OTHER accounts can connect to the servers fine. Ergo: My connection is NOT the problem.

My MAIN account (EG: the account that Purchased Wipeout HD) CAN NOT connect to the Wipeout HD servers. Ergo: THAT ACCOUNT IS GLITCHED.

EDIT: IN FACT TO PROVE THIS POINT LET ME TAKE PHOTOS. BRB PROVING YOU WRONG.

Do not bother talking about this again, as you are wrong and you know you're wrong but you're going to sit here stamp your foot and go "LOL NO IT'S YOUR NAT" when my other accounts on that same damn connection can play the *bleep*ing game just *bleep*ing fine, okay?

You're not helping. I'm posting here to get someone from Studio Liverpool on it.
    Last edited by anonymous; 18th June 2009 at 01:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

errrr... anonymous you will excuse me but I had this same error in january. It happened during a week-end where I organized a tournament. So I switched to my american account to keep playing, and finally I created a clone of me, kanar_is_back, to continue to play 'til nowadays. My first account was unable to go online, but I was still able to upload my new times. I was really upset too, but I couldn't stop to play this game just because my favourite psn couldn't go online. This is just a game you know, I understand you can be really bored to see you're the last guy with this stupid error, but please just calm down , pm Mr Elhabib or Paul Tweedle and they'll fix your problem real soon. And please, don't insult people here. We're a cool village, open to discussion and everything, but flaming stuffs are not our cup of tea.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'd say that both blackwiggle and you (anonymous) are making assumptions.
    He can't say for sure that it's a NAT problem, but you can't either. Even if your other accounts work on NAT3.
    I'd say make your connection NAT2 and one of you will prove the other wrong.
    In My Very Humble Opinion, that is.

PSN ID
    chboing

CAPS TO SHOW MY POINT.
    i think the people from Sony would pay more attention to you point if you'd write in bold and blinking character too...
    and why not using 40+ size for the chars too ?
    and calling them names cause they obviously aint capable to code a game properly !
    finally, sue them cause they wont refund your precious 20$ they stole you

come on man ! it's not like if you were the only one still having problems to connect to online lobbies !

show us & them your wrath !

*sigh* Sorry, that was a little rude of me. I just hate when people stamp their feet and go "NUH-UH, UR WRONG" when I have proof that I am not wrong and am in the right about this.

Problem: Wipeout HD will not let my main/purchased-the-game account on their servers.
    Further problem: My other accounts that do not own the game can play the game online just fine.

Clarification: This is all on the same connection.

Picture: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6958/1000387.jpg

Yes, it says there may be problems. I acknowledge that. But that means there may be problems for ALL my accounts on that connection.

Just to clarify further: The following pictures are on that same connection and same PS3.

Picture: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5720/1000389.jpg

I have five (5) user accounts on that PS3. My main account (S), my Japan PSN store acount (SJPN), my EU/UK PSN store account (SEU), my Hong Kong account (SHongKong) and a cousin of mine's account I haven't deleted from the PS3 yet (dan13).

Using my MAIN (S) account, throws an error message about problems while updating the game up at me. To prove this isn't fake, here is the XMB (my camera hates taking photos of the TV, I do not know why)

Picture: http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5339/1000392.jpg

You can clearly see that my (S) account has the error message behind it (though it is hard to make out I assure you it is there).

I switch over my Japan PSN store account (SJPN) and log into Wipeout HD. What do you know!? I can join servers! (Picture: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4341/1000383q.jpg)

And can even join/spectate games (yes, this is a bad photo but the game is running at 60fps so capping it while it's in motion is hard): http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5062/1000385.jpg

Closing statements: Gentlemen of the Jury, I have a legitimate problem that Wipeout HD will not let my main account that bought it on the servers. I have been waiting six months for a fix and no fix has come. I am ticked and annoyed that I have waited so long to get a fix and obviously this fix that was yesterday did not solve it. Therefore, I am posting here to get Studio Liverpool on the problem as I want the online function on my main account fixed.

Therefore, do not tell me it is my NAT-3 connection. My connection is not the problem since it lets other accounts on that same connection/PS3 play just fine on the Wipeout HD servers. Okay? I am not stupid. I have tried testing my connection, I have tried changing my connection. I have changed it to everything under the sun and yet my MAIN (S) ACCOUNT STILL WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIPEOUT HD, WHILE MY OTHER (JPN/EU/HK) ACCOUNTS WILL.

I knew there was a reason when someone pointed me here to get in touch with Studio Liverpool that it was a bad idea. Because Sony fanboys that can't deny that there is a legit problem for me can't seem to let go of their hatred (lol XPOC. I chuckled at the twelve-year-old mentality) of other consoles/PC and see that it is the developers side that is causing the issue.

Do I have to post (bad, I admit) shots from my EU/HK accounts to prove you wrong even further that it isn't my connection and it is on Studio Liverpool/SCE's side to fix my problem?

Because I shouldn't. It's pretty clear from these photos that the problem is on their side and isn't me. Okay?