Thread: »»» Tournament races AI easier than single races AI?

Default »»» Tournament races AI easier than single races AI?

Hi

I just got the Elite Campaign Legend and I'm heading to Arcade Perfect. It is confirmed that racebox tournament races count for Arcade Perfect if you come in first, just like single races.

Some people say this trophy is a little bit easier if you do it with racebox tournament races instead of single races, because the tournament AI seems easier than single races AI. Is that true? Is it reallly easier to win tournament races than single races? I didn't notice any difference myself, who knows...

By the way, this week I just started to play Wipeout HD again after a long break, since february, I think. Back then I quit playing because I tought it was going to be impossible to platinum this game, I couldn't even win Rapier races. However, when I started to play again this week, I managed to get Elite Campaign Legend in about 3 days. Is there any difficulty change on recent updates, or am I really more skilled now and I didn't even noticed that?

PS: Sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian but I try to do my best in english here

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

I've heard lots of people say this too, but my experience with the Meltdown Phantom Elite tournament leads me to believe otherwise.

I've always found that the AI is fast, dirty, and ruthless regardless of whether you're racing single races or tournaments.

But, if you've already got Elite Campaign, The forward races in Arcade Perfect should be a breeze anyways. I wouldn't waste time or split my attention across a bunch of tracks by playing tournament. I did all of the forward races individually with weapons on, then spent some time learning the reverse courses in speed laps, then went back and beat all of the reverse races individually with weapons on. So far, Arcade Perfect was the easiest gold for me.

I heard they made some improvements to craft handling with the recent updates, but I only started playing once 1.40 was out so I can't comment on that. You might be more skilled now, or perhaps your concentration is better these days. If you know the tracks and can handle your craft, then the races aren't really so bad. I think it took me about 5 days to learn Phantom and get ECL after conquering Rapier.
    Last edited by Thegide; 12th June 2009 at 02:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Moriarty79

I did single race arcade after single race phantom in campaign. In campaign i spent 2 or 3 hours to have gold medal, then immediatly did arcade and in 10 / 20 minuts taked 1° place.
    Was not the same with reverse track.... they takes me 2 or 3 hours to keep 1° place, as forward in campaign... it's the same difficulty!!!

In tournament i think that the difficult is the same, but isn't the same AI ship that is the best in ever track!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

I think tournament AI is a little easier on you than single race AI, just a bit. And racebox AI is a lot harder than campaign.

It was somewhat easy for me to get Elite Campaign Legend, but Arcade Perfect is a pain in the rear - I'm doing them in order so I don't get confused, and so far I'm stuck on Sebenco Climb The heck?

Also, what kind of attention wh..prostitute are you to put those totally unneeded arrows in the thread title? Keep going, and soon every thread will begin with
    ##$$##$###$###!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****************** ***********#######$####$##$#########$###$####$#### how u beat zico?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

My experience was the exact opposite...struggled with some of the late campaign races, but getting Arcade Perfect was a piece of cake.

On topic, I do feel that the tournament AI is easier than single race.