View Poll Results: Do You like the New Ship Models? yes or not?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i like new models

49 62.82%
  • no definitely not, i prefer old ones

4 5.13%
  • some i like some not

25 32.05%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You like the New Ship Models? yes or not?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Is there any other internal-view pilot like me who is not really found off in term of design from ships : honestly i never been attracted to those details but i do reckon it's part of the incredible futuristic atmosphere all wipeout are. Maybe if i was racing external far or close it could change my mind on that point

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

@darkfaerytales:the big blue sections on the eg-x is without doubt a big lunar park adversiting. so this leads to the rest of the ship beeing pretty much completely yellow. so it doesent seem like the team colours actually changed, they just got a huge sponsor logo on the wings.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    @darkfaerytales:the big blue sections on the eg-x is without doubt a big lunar park adversiting. so this leads to the rest of the ship beeing pretty much completely yellow. so it doesent seem like the team colours actually changed, they just got a huge sponsor logo on the wings.
    you missed that one
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3689538...7619497443944/

still the wrong blue shade on all the ship.

but seems good to me, as the red/yellow colors are good, blue is just an ad.

but don't worry darkfaerytales, i'm sure the two other liveries are without such ad, and good!
    Last edited by Spece2goin; 11th June 2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: fixed : not being able to make a propoer copy/paste :p

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

hmm youre right didnt look at that picture, but i have no concerns in general with the eg-x beeing yellow and blue, just a bit worried that the egx will be too similar with the feisar colours. but since the new feisar looks far lighter in tone, with new main colours in light turquise and white. i`ll guess we just have to wait and see what all the new liveries looks like. im not a keen person on doomsday prophecies anyway, so as long as i dont see something totally appaling ill stay positive.
    @darkfairytales: yes the new headlights is one of the feature that totally ruins the smooth icaras, but i would say that the back section of the ship looks fierce, so it is not all bad. on the ag-5y5 i like the design of the rear section better than the one on hd (especially the airbrakes.) but the front end looks much more bulky than in HD( as far as i could tell.) but when limited to just a couple of shots of each ship its just speculatory at this point anyway, i`ll be waiting impatiently for fury to arrive so that i could dive into the full picture

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

(2nd time. Let's hope the database lasts this time)

I personally like the EG-X's use of all the teams colors on the livery they are showing us. The burnt red on the nose, followed by blue, then yellow, makes for an interesting design I would be happy to fly. The large Lunar Parcs bears are a nice touch on the wings too.

Qirex is the only ship that worries me, as far as design and livery. The only shots we have are of the 3rd "old" HD skin re-worked on to the new body. To me it seems as though there wasn't much inspiration given to the purple brick, as far as the shape of the ship is concerned. A return to the sharp, jutting, and massive craft of the old Quantax designs would have made it the best out of all of them imo.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

gallery is updated.
    EG-X : no problem, color scheme is very nice in that angle

@Motosagmannen, take a look at our new deadly tool, looking like a giant dagger!

Awesome! thanks SL!

hey : wow http://www.flickr.com/photos/3689538...7619497443944/
    that AG-Sys is nice too, i was affraid, but it's ok.
    Motorsagmannen was right, don't be pessimistic, until you saw everything!

and that translucid skin is a nice effect for Zone, ProblemSolver will tell us many things about it! Hope he will be able to connect and play online with his ghost glowy Feisar!
    Last edited by Spece2goin; 11th June 2009 at 06:31 PM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

mmmmmmmmmirage, thanks for making my ship less ugly sl
    (although now i actually love it in all its bugdom (as in the old one))
    new one is funkytown groovy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

@spece2goin: in fact the new harimau was my second, instantly-fell-in-love-design in fury, its so vicious and sleek. imo it is in the lead in favourite ship design on fury, just as it was in HD. my first love was the new goteki ( but only because i saw that first ).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

so it doesent seem like the team colours actually changed, they just got a huge sponsor logo on the wings.
    what about goteki? when they got light orange among our team colours? however i like it

hmm youre right didnt look at that picture, but i have no concerns in general with the eg-x beeing yellow and blue, just a bit worried that the egx will be too similar with the feisar colours. but since the new feisar looks far lighter in tone, with new main colours in light turquise and white. i`ll guess we just have to wait and see what all the new liveries looks like.
    indeed at first could be mistaken for feisar, note that the tone of blue of eg-x is very original among others and very dark too

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    hey : wow http://www.flickr.com/photos/3689538...7619497443944/
    that AG-Sys is nice too, i was affraid, but it's ok.
    Motorsagmannen was right, don't be pessimistic, until you saw everything!
    the problem still, like for some cases in old models as well that from certain angle view some ships look really nice and same ship view from another looks crap...the big problem i think ag-sys have is A: is too fat B: that damn snowplough thing on the nose just below the cockpit, then that damn ugly square vent-hole whateever is this...what hell is this new trend to put un-aestethic un-aerodynamic ugly useless things upon the nose of the ships?