View Poll Results: Do You like the New Ship Models? yes or not?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes i like new models

49 62.82%
  • no definitely not, i prefer old ones

4 5.13%
  • some i like some not

25 32.05%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You like the New Ship Models? yes or not?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    graeble

love the new models.
    the only thing that i kind of dislike is the way the "scales" on the ship open up forward. i guess the ships guts need to be cooled down a little more in fury. so i still love 'em.
    why are people hating on icarus? it looks great! it seems to be the sleakest of all the new designs.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IDReaper

In a way I think the design decisions make a lot of sense outside of asthetics. WOHD is FX350 correct? One would assume that as the season progresses the setting moves closer to FX400(Pulse) than FX300(Pure).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    TaroBarkhan

I must admit I did my judgement too quickly. Icaras looks odd, in my opinion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playsta...7618580209476/

I still like the other ships, though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

With this new round of screens, I can say I love most of the new ship designs. AG-S is still a big shaky for me but the screens only show the back of it so far so I will wait to see it.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Quote Originally Posted by stinkleroy View Post
    I like most of the new designs but not sure about the new Icaras, seems to have lost it's graceful shape.
    I agree that it has lost it's grace but Detonator is not going to be about tenderness

Quote Originally Posted by TaroBarkhan View Post
    I must admit I did my judgement too quickly. Icaras looks odd, in my opinion.
    I did agree on Icaras looking odd, but of course these are the Fury Detonator models..

Check these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3613785888/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36895389@N00/3613785696/

In my opinion, as far as I'm able to form it based on these shots, that looks friggin wicked!

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    I don't like (most of) them.
    The new EG-X looked nice from what I could see from a blurry picture; and Feisar looks ace.
    Well. That's it. For me, most new designs look like battle machines, rather than WipEout. Same goes for the zone-variants. I'm missing the sleek lines.

There are some good "parts" nonetheless; Auricom for example has some nice design aspects I think. Overall, though, the ships look like made of plates not being glued together.
    agreed. too spikey and some just look odd.

i was gonna question aerodynamics, but then thought of mirage esentially been a massive flying bug...so nevermind!!!!

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I do not understand what your fuss is about. They have been telling us they come with the new mode, Detonator. Of course they look like battle ships, because they are...

actually you use the detonator ship in detonator mode, these are just new ship skins for regular races

and this thread is about whether we like them or not. i simply do not. i'm not makiing a fuss. i would have preffered some different colour schemes instead of adding stuff to the shape of the ships...that is all. but alas, i'm not bothered about the skins, so me disliking them doesn't matter really. loads of people are hyped about them...which is cool.

i'm looking forward to detonator mode and modesto heights myself.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

As far as I've understood it's the other way around. They come with the mode and can be used in regular racing..

And thus I think this needs to be seen in perspective.. which it has been taken out of. Biasing opinion with glances and contextual murder is something I do not really like
    Last edited by AnErare; 10th June 2009 at 08:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    and this thread is about whether we like them or not. i simply do not. i'm not makiing a fuss. i would have preffered some different colour schemes instead of adding stuff to the shape of the ships...
    you probably missed the posts in an other thread in wich we said that there are 3 skins for each new model.
    So there are other color schemes to unlock.

@ AnErare : here is the only detonator ship
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3689538...7619497443944/

others are new regular ships
    and in zone battle they got added glowing part, but still are the same models.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    you probably missed the posts in an other thread in wich we said that there are 3 skins for each new model.
    So there are other color schemes to unlock.
    Seriously!! That's great to know!
    (I guess i missed that info)
    Where was this info confirmed?
    I know it was mentioned as a good thing to have just never knew that was actually the case.

Thx

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video...d-f_videogames

on the ship selection screen, each vertical part is a team.
    on the upper side the new fury ships, on the lower the old HD ships.
    there are 7 cells, so 3 skins per model + the chrome one.

as you say: 3 skins for each new model

which i'm not a fan of, the new models are too far from what i persnally recognise as an ag craft in the wipeout universe, as someone else mentioned, the plates that look like they're not attatched to the ship properly and random spikey bits and what-not.

but as i said, it's all good.

new tracks, new game modes, new skins...everyone's got something to look forward to.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

some of these crafts have a greatly changed apperance compared to HD. but as far as i could tell on first impressions, the essence of each team is maintained (although slightly sceptical to the eg-x colourscheme). i would definitely say that some of the ships now look slightly more battle oriented than they did before.
    my general opinion so far:

-harimau.
    -auricom
    -assegai
    -mirage
    -goteki
    -eg-x
    -feisar
    -triakis (and finally no camo )
    :-
    -icaras
    -ag-5y5
    undicided:
    -piranha
    -qirex

this is not a comparison made against the original teams, but rather if i like the new design or not.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Anyone care to point out the EGX. 'fraid I missed it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I thought that was Feisar... Well thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    New Skin will camouflage quite well into the scenery quite well. Time to eliminate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    some of these crafts have a greatly changed apperance compared to HD. but as far as i could tell on first impressions, the essence of each team is maintained (although slightly sceptical to the eg-x colourscheme). i would definitely say that some of the ships now look slightly more battle oriented than they did before.
    my general opinion so far:

-harimau.
    -auricom
    -assegai
    -mirage
    -goteki
    -eg-x
    -feisar
    :-
    -icaras
    -ag-5y5
    undicided:
    -piranha
    -qirex
    same here! only difference is in piranha that after the new shots grows in me and i like it now

-qirex: is good but spot the same issue of the old model, from certain angle looks sweet, from the side view looks fat ankward and unaestethic

-icaras: however i consider this new design so much better than the regular pulse one fury icaras > old pulse icaras , i this shot i've higlight the only thing i really don't like much http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3771/...2a19649a1o.jpg

ag-sys remains the only without any hopes...why since they have in mind to do a faster ship than the ond model didn't have used a model similar to the iper-sleek one from wip3out, i don't know...

anyway here i have prepared some modified shots with highlight and comments on some questionable things http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5900/...41617jpgco.jpg
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/203/w...1229211154.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Anyone care to point out the EGX. 'fraid I missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I thought that was Feisar... Well thanks.
    i can well believe it! so much wrong blue tone http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7569/...d88bd6cbco.jpg http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1140/...44b4262bco.jpg some comparison with the old blue tone

i haven't understand yet if that blue pastel tone is supposed to be a big lunar park adversiting with the teddy bear or is actually the tone of team colours, in this case it's clearly wrong...

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Ah right then, I've misunderstood, I take it you are one of the lucky ones who already got a preview and has sorted it all out.

It does make sense though. What I think I needed to say was that they come with Eliminator mode. But that is just a different name to label what I was saying.