Thread: Concept Art

Default Concept Art

Hello everyone.
    Been lurking on the boards for a while but never posted anything until now. I have a question about the ingame gallery you can unlock in Fusion.

Is it possible to somehow "rip" the gallery from your Fusion CD and save it to your hard-drive?

I've seen people do it with the soundtrack and I'm sure it's possible for images too, as the Pure gallery is here on the downloads section. But it seems no one with the know-how has really done this fully for Fusion. I've spent hours trawling through google images, through weird and wonderful French and Japanese websites and come up with bits and bobs of the gallery, but not the full thing.
    So it is possible to extract the gallery yourself from your own Fusion CD?

The reason I ask is that I'm an artist/graphic design student and I can't even begin to describe how much Wipeout has influenced me. Like an adrenaline shot to the imagination . I'm working on some traditional fanart at the moment and having the Fusion gallery stuck up around my studio space would be a godsend...

(some interesting art links I found)

http://gameover.sapo.pt/media.html?s...s&article=1894

http://www.tonycliff.com/blog/category/drawings/

http://www.gamekult.com/images/J000000904/150003/

PSN ID
    subtotal

hi there ,
    i dont know about ripping from the fusion game disc but have you checked out the download section on the wipeoutzone main site- there is some fusion stuff in there which may interest you

Thanks for those links - some great stuff there! Especially the 3rd link - Awesome

Thanks subtotal. Yeah, I've checked out the downloads - there's some nice stuff in there but not really what I'm looking for. Concept art of the pilots and paintings of race scenes are what I'm most hoping to find.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

Lightbulb

If you want it terribly bad, I know a way to do it, but it would be extremely complicated, and it would require a DVD recorder plus a DVD-R and Windows movie maker. Up to the challenge?

Very rare images! The Fusion's Van Uber it's an icomparable model...very rare images, THANKS A LOT !

Haha, I'll give it a bash sure I'd appreciate any help you could give! If we managed to pull it off it would be brilliant, not only for me, but as a great addition maybe to the downloads section here?
    I'd consider myself fairly handy with a computer, but if it's gonna be quite complicated then I think you'll have to lay it out in baby steps for me!

Cheers for the help!

Glad you enjoyed them mate ^^ I even surprised myself with what I eventually found! Particularly the pilot portraits
    Last edited by Task; 16th October 2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: consecutive posts

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

Well, here it goes: (by the way, this is the same way people record gameplay videos)

First unplug the PS2's RCA output cords (the yellow, white, and red cables) from wherever they are attached to, probably your receiver or directly into your TV. Take these, and plug them into the back of your DVD recorder where it says Video '#' input. Then run the cable from the Video 'same #' output (if there isn't a cable, take one from another Video '#' output an plug that in) to a Video '#' input on your TV. Set up your DVD recorder to record from the Video '#' input your PS2 is plugged into by going into the setup or menu function on your recorder (they're different for seperate brands). Pop in a DVD+R or DVD+RW. Turn yur TV, PS2, and recorder on. Make sure your TV is set to the Video '#' input that the DVD recorder is plugged into. Start up Wipeout Fusion, and go to the concept art section. Start recording. Scroll through ever piece of art you want off of it, and onc you're done, stop recording. If you used a DVD+R, you will need to finalize it by going into the setup or menu thingy on our recorder. Pop the disc into your computer. Go to 'My Computer', or just Computer if you're using Vista. Double click on the disc drive. It should open with Power DVD/Cyber Link. Right click on the video and select configuration, at the bottom. When the window opens, press advanced, at the bottom as well. Select snapshots at the top, highlight the bubble that says capture to file, choose your picture file format, and select where you want the picture to be saved at. Press OK, press OK, and play the movie. Press 'C' on the keyboard to take a screenshot each time a a picture shows up, or just press the camera button at the bottom.

Now, just browse to where you chose to save the shots, print them off, and you will have them. Good luck, if you didn't already give up on the whole process.
    Last edited by Slacker; 10th June 2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: 'Right lick on the video...'

United Kingdom [http://dr-luckshot.deviantart.com/]
    PSN ID
    Dr_LuckshoT

Thanks for the image links Nem, very inpsiring - particularly like the ones showing the infrastructure of the ships

''The reason I ask is that I'm an artist/graphic design student and I can't even begin to describe how much Wipeout has influenced me. Like an adrenaline shot to the imagination ''

^I agree, I'm also a student in the same subject, *also* working on some traditional art based on wipeout, but not necessarily Fusion related- Doing some ship designs followed by some storyboards i think.
    Cant offer much help in trying to rip the images over, but it looks like Slacker has got you sorted ;p

Would love to see some of your work mate

Hey Slacker!
    Wow, thanks so much for that in depth guide! It's very much appreciated You laid it out nice and clearly, so it doesn't seem too daunting haha! I'll try over the next few days to put the idea to the test and see if I can somehow extract those images!

Thanks again!
    By the way, my apologies for the late reply! Hadn't been on in a while haha.

Hey Luckshot
    I'm glad you enjoyed the images! Everyone seems to be quite fond of the mechanical ones haha - true wipeout heads I suppose

It's deadly to hear from someone interested in the art side of Wipeout aswell - I went over to DA to check out your stuff. You have some serious skills Seen a lot of fans attempt painting ships, and just not pull it off, but I've never seen someone render a AG craft like you did - superb stuff man! Any more on the way??

I'll definitely get my own wipeout stuff up on DA in the next few days
    Last edited by Lance; 29th June 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts from same user.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Far out - the pics in the 3rd link you gave are excellent! I love in-depth stuff like this. Great find!

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I believe I know a way, but it will require a linux distribution and a program that disassembles isos (I don't remember the name of it) - I may give it a try this week or the next...

Wow Nemhain, the links are great. I searched for a concept drawing of Myima Tsarong and there was one! I couldn't find it by google since the concept images are not named like "myimatsarong.jpg". If you have further links please share them. Maybe there is a bigger version of Myima

Greetz,
    Konem

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Cool

A day late and a dollar short...but THANK YOU for these excellent links!!!

Rock on

does anyone have the london wipeout track ad that was made for fusion in a high quality scan, without the crease down the middle. i'm looking for a good quality complete version of this piece of artwork.

thanks.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Is there a code that will unlock all the concept art? I have it all unlocked on my PS2, but I'm trying to use PCSX2 to take some screen captures of them, and I can't move the game saves over. I'm also trying to import a gamesave to see if that works, but it's proving problematic.

Edit: Alright, it looks like I won't be able to do it just yet. I tried running a non-activated version of Vista on a Mac and that might be contributing to some problems I'm having running the save game utilities. Too bad, it runs PCSX2 just fine, along with a bunch of other games and emulators. Maybe someone else here could have more success. There are a bunch of Fusion game saves on GameFAQs. If you can important them into your PCSX2 memory card, you're good to go.
    Last edited by Koleax; 8th October 2009 at 03:06 AM.