Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WipeOut HD : IT SUCKS!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Completely agree with Mic.
    Never experienced lag like this before. I even lacked skills
    No pick ups, no BR´s, ghost ships, etc. It didn´t help a bit after changing host.
    Normally we don´t have any problems worth mentioning at Nordic Sessions.
    But last night .....

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

yup, it was terrible. some weapon-pickup pads didnt even work anymore. Im telling yah, they are preppin for fury!!!

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Meh, I'm a diehard fan. Been one since 96' when Wipeout came out, and sometimes I don't understand the moaning either. I know HD has flaws, but I'm glad SL has continued to improve the series overall, AND the game was only 20 DOLLARS!

How can you complain about that? Its not perfection, but they didn't charge people $50 for it either. And we have Fury coming.

Thats why I really didn't understand all the anger on here when SL or Sony charged for the DLC for Pulse either, after all the free dl's for PURE.

Sometimes gamers just are very whiney. Sorry, not trying to be offensive to anyone either, but as much as I love the Wipeout series, I'd hate to se SL stop making them. Their doing a damn fine job for a game that isn't that expensive.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker X View Post
    Thats why I really didn't understand all the anger on here when SL or Sony charged for the DLC for Pulse either, after all the free dl's for PURE.
    Because you pay the original price of the game for a quarter of the content? Because each pack has a different price? Because it was only released in one region?
    Just sayin'.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

But with PURE look at all the free dlc that came out. They never charged anything for it. Also, look at the lengths of PURE and PULSE. They are both quite lengthy games, that offer DLC. PULSE charged for dlc but its not like it broke people's banks. And like I said, in the end, WOHD was only $20, and its an amazing, and best version of the WO experience.

Personally, like I said, I've been playing WO since 96, where you paid $50 for a very limited WO game compared to what came with PURE and PULSE, and HD so I've been kind of grateful that they've kept the series going for a pretty low price.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Value for money HD is brilliant.
    Frustration wise it has also topped the scales with online problems.

I f you were to balance it out ,well anybody that loves this series would agree we have had a fantastic time with it.

Those that play online a LOT are a bit over the problems though.

Masochistic? I don't know.it's the ONLY online wipeout that doesn't need a PSP so there is nothing to compare it to.

Guess we will see when FURY [is ever released]

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Game could of been bloody marketed a bit more extensively thought.

1.5 seconds of a Wipeout video was shown at E3 this year. ****ing dumb. All that effort wasted. Sony sure didnt leave any parts of its other famous gaming titles unpromoted, like Ratchet&Clank: A Crack Deal Gone wrong. But there where some awesome other titles there i gotta say.

But Sony was certain about one thing, there target audience was mentioned to be the "Tweens" (gen y all the way down to about 8years old) segmentation of the market. They said it during there conference. Hence why Sony are releasing titles like the "Hana Montana Pink PSP game set" as well as the massive promotion on the new R&C title. Great to see Gran Turismo was promoted quite extensively though.

But back to Wipeout. **** make me ponder sometimes. Maybe i should be a Rep for Sony Australia or something later on, and get some of the famous 90s titles back on to the Playstation Franchise.

Time will tell.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

YOU..... A...REP...For ,,,SONY AUS...

The Frustration level would get to you.

Your only public appearance would be on MURDER SQUAD.

The accused

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Blackwiggle i deal with fuktards every single day of my life. As this city has had a population explosion of them. Ive almost grown a resistance to them. But i still have an extremely short fuse. As people know when they are a passenger in my car. But ive got good people relation skills, worked both in retail and hospitality, (never intend to work in hospitality again in the rest of my life), Retail had some of its good bits.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Are there many gun shops in W.A.?

Well you did say you have worked in retail.

[I shouldn't take the piss out of KIGO,we have both suffered the same indignities ,thus both storing ammo ]
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 20th June 2009 at 12:24 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Theres one in Belmont. But you need your gun licence card. I could of had my Grandfathers rifles/shotguns, but ever since the Port Author Massacre in Tassie back in the 90s, ****ing little turd ex PM John Howard, banned all of them, and crushed all the guns. Thats probably one thing better about the US compared to Aus, the right to defend your self and your property. Here the ****ing cunts get away with anything. Im ****ed if i know how Perth was award the 5th most liveable city on Earth. **** it ill move to Melbourne later on. Since thats the 3rd most liveable city on Earth.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I will tell you one of my dislikes coming to this straight from hardcoring it on Pure. And its that in WOHD the players are all little mobile immovable objects. What that means, is they are sure-stopping walls, no matter what. You use a boost, if you don't completely clear the other racers, its a waste. Missiles, you shoot three, hit TWO, amazing! right? well nope, cause you hit one in the back end that stops you completely and you have to wait until he gets going again to prepare for another pass.

same thing with any weapon, cannon, quake. They stop, they become reckoning obstacles that cannot always be avoided. Pure had it beat in that sense cause the vehicles hitboxes were smaller (that or the tracks were roomier). And that's my only real gripe with this game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker X View Post
    But with PURE look at all the free dlc that came out. They never charged anything for it.
    There were sponsors. And you can't deny the way the Pulse DLC was handled was ****tarded.
    Also, since we're looking at PurE, can you tell me exactly the content of each pack? As far as I remember, there were multiple new ships, a lot of new tracks, more music and menu skins, per one pack.
    Pulse, on the other hand... One ship, two track variants, and it's not even of the same track! So if you want Black/White version of a track you have to buy two packs! And then you have two other tracks left alone, gotta buy the two others to get the full set! Great! I'm not mentioning each pack was like 5$, so 20$ for everything (That's the full price for WipEout HD btw), some stuff isn't playable online...
    You can talk to me all you want about PurE, doesn't change the fact that the Pulse DLC was handled in a very shitty way.

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Ratchet&Clank: A Crack Deal Gone wrong
    Rachet and Clank Future is a great title. And it wasn't shown that much at E3... There are other things on the list way before I would even talk about removing promotion from R&C and shifting it for HD... Like PAIN (Sue me if you disagree with me, best PSN game of 2008 is non deserving IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemicrania View Post
    it seems some of the diehard WipeOut fans are a bit disappointed with the whole experience, and I ask myself why?
    Ok, this seems to be the right place for some thoughtful criticism.
    Now, I recently replayed the original trilogy, without having played any of the later games at all and yeah, I would consider myself a big fan of the old ones.
    Then, I played the Wipeout HD Demo at my friends PS3 and to be honest, my first impression was that it downright sucks.
    Well, after reading the forum I gave it a few more trys and I noticed the game gave me the same learning process as wipeout 1-3 did.
    I have to say the graphics and the online concept are awesome and the game is a lot of fun.
    Still, I think that after wip3out, the delicacy of the games' physics have not been that great ever since.
    Maybe it got accessible to more people through the simpler physics, people who dont want games to demand a lot of practice. I mean if it's for the sake of the continuation of the franchise, I am happy that there still are great wipeout games.
    But as a Fan of the originals I'd welcome some more of the old spirit in future games.

Please don't take this as a "dis" or anything, it's just my impressions.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by future-punk77 View Post
    Maybe it got accessible to more people through the simpler physics, people who dont want games to demand a lot of practice
    Tell that to Kanar, and try to beat any of his speedlaps at phantom speed on HD. Easy task normally for a fan used to hardcore gameplay !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Irrelevant and out of purpose Leung. You can play the easiest game on earth and not reach top 100 if a community is fighting for records.

And yes, HD gameplay is easier, that's a fact.
    HD gameplay is less interesting... that's not a fact anymore, just a personal feeling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

The out of purpose thing is to say that HD don't demand lot of practice ! Of course it's about records, if it's only to race casually and beat the AI, all wipeouts are easy !!
    HD gameplay is not easier, it's different, and also richest with sideshifts and BRs, that's a fact !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by future-punk77 View Post
    I mean if it's for the sake of the continuation of the franchise, I am happy that there still are great wipeout games
    Anyway, it seems that the devs tried to make the game apparently more accessible to newcomers with features like pilot-assist. Also the more powerfull weapons increases the chances of the slower pilots on an online race.
    Last edited by leungbok; 18th September 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiguelSkywalker

If it's about the records, they should try and make the leaderboard work once for all. And rethink the br's for future releases, no more endless BR chaining on a track.
    But what really makes HD suck is the fact that Qirex is not what it was in 2097