Thread: Analog control: PSP vs Dual Shock

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Analog control: PSP vs Dual Shock

So for the past year I've been playin Pulse on PS2. It controls really well, and I got pretty good.

Just recently, I picked up a PSP and Pure, and I've noticed I have more trouble making precise turns. I always have to move the analog nub back and forth because I can't get the angle I want at the start of the turn.

So I'm wondering if it's the same with you veterans who've played a good deal of Pulse/Pure AND HD. Do you typically get much better times on the console? Are you equally good on both platforms? Any pointers for me?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

If you use analog stick you'll have some issue with psp's pulse. The handheld nub is crap. Anyway if you uses d-pad, the handling and results are equivalent on both platforms (if you can bear ps2's pulse loading times ).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

leungbok, I saw you just uploaded another Pure time trial. Looks nice!

I'm thinking about buying Pure and Pulse for PSP but I have a few questions. Is it worth buying both? I know they have different tracks, but do they both play as well as WOHD? Also, all your Pure videos show the tracks in a monochrome purple. Is this specific to TT mode or isn't there as much color to the tracks as in WOHD?

Finally, how do you record your videos? It appears the camera is stationary which makes me believe you are playing on a television rather than the PSP itself, correct?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

The color issue is due to my component cable who's deteriorated. So when i play pure on my tv, some colors are missing.
    Pure and pulse are great games with some cool features. Personnaly i find that both are more complete than HD who's a port. Anyway HD is atm more active than psp's wipeouts, but there's still possibilities to set some pure/pulse's games here !

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

The PSP analog nub really isn't that good for Wipeout IMO. Even if you can steer okay with it, it's hard to do BRs and pitch the nose down (gives a slight speed increase). I actually prefer the dpad to the DS3 stick, because I got used to using the dpad for Wipeout on the PSP games, and got HD Fury much later than most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon View Post
    I'm thinking about buying Pure and Pulse for PSP but I have a few questions. Is it worth buying both? I know they have different tracks, but do they both play as well as WOHD?
    I think it's worth buying both. They have different physics as well as tracks and stuff; they're definitely their own games, and not "HD Fury but not as good". Also, I consider them both better than HD Fury overall.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Archon473

Wow, I never thought people would prefer the PSP games over WOHD. The videos I've seen look great, nice physics and the same requirement of racing skill and precision. I'm looking forward to Amazon's Black Friday deals, so I'll try and purchase both then.