Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AFTER FURY: The next download thoughts

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I think that's unrealistic.
    In order to damage de tracks, you probably have to rewrite the engine, and rework all the tracks. Wipeout HD don't have thoses ambitions (i think).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

that means new br opportunities at each new lap, so yes, great idea !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    A new race mode where the tracks are damaged by the weapons so that every race and every new lap will have holes in the tracks on different places. You really have to watch out and adjust your racingline in a split second.
    I really thought this was a good idea. I am really surpriced that nobody replied to it?
    i've tought bout that, i've fear that this is that kind of things good on paper only...way too ambitious, just my opinion, anyway one of best ideas around to date

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Same here - it would be absolutely KILLER to have a game mode like that, but I'm afraid it's impossible to realize within the current game. You'd have to write a completely new game for that.

Leungbok, you have a one-track mind. If you could only blow apart bits of track to make ramps for new shortcuts.....

Fusion had some stuff along the lines of Mad-Ice`s idea, didn`t it? I think some of it worked with Fusion`s track style. I like the idea but I think it would have to be as part of a more "free-form" game like Fusion and as part of a game with less regular weapons. With a game with tight tracks and many weapons pads like HD it could lead to more obstructions on the track and more frustrating stoppages.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Leungbok, you have a one-track mind. If you could only blow apart bits of track to make ramps for new shortcuts.....
    Shame on me for not having that idea first !

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I really thought this was a good idea. I am really surpriced that nobody replied to it?
    It seems they were too busy making fun of eachother and ranting big letters about... I simply hadn't noticed it.. All the talk about and since the upcoming Fury is far too much speculation for my ears..

I do like the idea very much. It also adds to a sense of reality. I guess eliminator mode would become really really hard that way but even so much more stunning
    Last edited by AnErare; 10th June 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Damn, missed about 7 posts..

Did you guys see Split/Second?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

yes, and I'm waiting for it ^_^
    But destroying the background to alter the race is the main feature of that game so the 3D engine was developped with that in mind.

I don't think it would be fun in wipeout where ships are flying really (really) fast.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    KamatsuKyoto

Everybody will love play Zone in Citta Nuova!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

AGREED Kyoto

United Kingdom [http://dr-luckshot.deviantart.com/]
    PSN ID
    Dr_LuckshoT

I agree with Mad-Ice and the others suggesting it, would be good to see Staten Park make a return.

Time trial battle mode with no contact seems like a good idea too- although it can be funny sometimes in normal races, people rage-pushing you can just be irritating.

Perhaps im playing with fire a bit here, but new weapon suggestions?

Target Painter/ Shield Dampener - Energy-based homing weapon. Increases next damaging hit to target by 100%. If target uses a shield before it hits them, the effect gets reflected back to you.

Mag-Lock Destabilizer [MLD] - Short range unguided weapon that causes target to lose magnetism on magstrips for up to 2 seconds. [perhaps thats a bit imbalanced, imagine that on metropia - speed reduction instead?] only available on magstrip tracks.

or going with the OP's speed theme -

After Burner
    - Increases users speed by 10% for 10 seconds. remains constant even on corners.

just some ideas anyway.
    Last edited by Dr_Luckshot; 11th June 2009 at 09:35 PM.

REITERATE THE TIME TRIAL HEAD TO HEAD. playing HD tonight, and it seems most of the bugs are gone, sometimes brs dont work, but not bad. THIS GAME IS (IS) ONLY ABOUT ****ING WEAPONS. Going from 2:01 in a race to oh, the next ****ing race, taking about ****ing 15 weapons hits, driving just fine, and getting a 2:20. Driving skill doesn't make a damn bit of difference in this game, not ****ing one bit. A little frustrated here, as you can see. Hitting one ****ing mine, oh nice, complete ****ing stop, great , oh, a bomb next, fall off the track, awesome, OH, 4 seconds back further on the track for the respawn, that is so nice. As much as I hated the acceleration problem in pure after weapon hits, I'd take that in a second compared to this. At least the walls slowed you down big time.

However, I think that one on one in this game can still be good, but PLEASE the time trial head to head, for the love of Wipeout Xl

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Lol, i sincerely sympathise Jabberjaw, you perfectly described most of my online experiments
    And yes TT online is a great idea, and why not speedlaps in a one on one race ? Both with one turbo per lap, and the winner would be the one with the fastest lap

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    AGREED Kyoto
    I've lost my identity.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Go and spam this new user then Kyoto

PSN ID
    RagnaRockPT

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Since Fury seems to be a extremely battle oriented mode, I was wondering what the next name could be.

2) Time trial online races: With an option to choose whether or not other ships are solid or ghosts. This would basically the best "racing Skill" with no weapons at all. Pure had this and it was amazing. This was the first time I played Arnaud online

i think you mean a timed speed lap right? the one with the best lap in...lets say 4min would win.
    sorta like track mania nations, i guess they could lauch this as a patch and not as a downloadble content
    Last edited by RagnaRock; 20th June 2009 at 03:47 PM.

PSN ID
    RagnaRockPT

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Eliminator mode seems pretty cool, but kind of weird just going around in a loop being able to do 180s. How about a full fledged Arena mode,
    where one can move in any direction and not be restricted by the narrow path of a track. There could be obstacles, tunnels, jumps, etc to help
    protect you from weapons fire. Last one to survive wins!

…Maybe I’m just itching for Mario Kart 64 battle mode.
    yay! this would be a great mode, i would gladly pay for a new downloadble content that had only this.(or you can charge more now, and put it in fury later cause i think it really fits in fury)

this would make my day, if it could be played with 2 players side by side +some bots, even better!

*edit*
    A "team" mode (with friendly fire ON/OFF) on this mode would also be VERY cool
    Last edited by RagnaRock; 20th June 2009 at 03:19 PM.

PSN ID
    RagnaRockPT

i would also like to see an option to choose a graphical mode like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrHXN...eature=related

its way too cool and fluid

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Id just like to see a ton of new tracks.