Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AFTER FURY: The next download thoughts

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    but generally this isn't a huge problem.
    EXCUSE ME?!?
    Lag is the biggest problem for WipEout HD online currently. "Generally" it isn't a problem? Well that's a blatant lie.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Phantron

Eliminator mode seems pretty cool, but kind of weird just going around in a loop being able to do 180s. How about a full fledged Arena mode,
    where one can move in any direction and not be restricted by the narrow path of a track. There could be obstacles, tunnels, jumps, etc to help
    protect you from weapons fire. Last one to survive wins!

…Maybe I’m just itching for Mario Kart 64 battle mode.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

Yeah that would be tight! Open arenas would make some very interesting battles.

"And to the second point, you're still not really justifying why you think the walls are an issue. Whether you get slowed down a lot or a little, it works the same for everyone. Add more slowdown on the walls, and the better player wins by 5 seconds. Have less slowdown, and the better player wins by 2 seconds. There is no problem here. Whatever the walls do, the best player is going to win. "

Exactly my point, 2 seconds. IF a drive is going perfect lap after perfect lap, they should dominate someone riding the wall two times every lap, It shouldn't be that close. Anyway, this isn't quite as big a deal in TT as

Single race: two seconds means you are getting hit by every weapon they throw at you. 5 seconds means you can get away if you are good enough, and don't even get hit by weapons. If you are good enough to stay off the walls, and the person you are racing does not, you should dominate that person, simple as that.

Just because everyone is playing on the same playing field doesn't make it fun. Do you think a game like mario kart or hydrothunder is fun when the computer gives you speed boosts to keep up, even though the slower person may suck, and the other person may be the best in the world, but it doesn't matter, that ****ing computer is going to make sure it is a close race.

Arenas would be cool, agreed there, but don't think the programming for that is going to happen

A person like lets say wotan 998 should be able to wipe the floor with me based on his driving, but if I play a track I know reasonably well, I know I'm always going to be in the race, wall scrape or no.

OH forgot a point here. If I want to go fast by riding walls, I'll play some Fusion

Oh, and the lag issue wtih ships being weird is a huge problem, at least half of the times I play, although tonight I played one race of chenchou reverse, no lag, so I quit on a good note (then to work on that negcon)

Basically though, I wanted the harder wall scrapes to have a larger separation between good and medium, great and good. Like the Wipeout pure tables, or the 2097 or wipeout 3 tables (this has many entries, but the times between 1 and 10 are quite large compared to HD, and the wall scraping is the reason. Even in Pure, Arnaud and Mad Ice dominate, and this is a very similar game to HD.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 5th June 2009 at 05:14 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrium777 View Post
    excuse me?!?
    lag is the biggest problem for wipeout hd online currently. "generally" it isn't a problem? Well that's a blatant lie.
    f u c k i n g vista pads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    EXCUSE ME?!?
    Lag is the biggest problem for WipEout HD online currently. "Generally" it isn't a problem? Well that's a blatant lie.
    You need to relax.
    It's not a lie, just a different opinion/experience. When I read this sentence in PLazarou's post, I didn't even notice it... Out of the few hours a week I spend on HD, there's only a small percentage of races where I can feel lag and suffer from vista pads. Different experience, different point of view!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Basically though, I wanted the harder wall scrapes to have a larger separation between good and medium, great and good.
    Speaking of harder wall scrapes, I was playing the original Wipeout (purchased via the PS Store) last night and man! If you even lightly graze a wall it practically brings you to a complete stop! Now I remember why I never beat that game when I got it when it first came out...it's so unforgiving. Seems like I'll need to practically run a perfect race to win on the harder tracks and faster speed classes. I'm determined to try harder this time around though. We'll see what happens!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
    You need to relax.
    So fonts cant be used for humoristic purposes anymore

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think you'll find sarcasm does not travel well through text and especially not through language barriers considering how multicultural this forum is.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

My thoughts on new DLC.

Yes, speed is the key! Indeed I want another speed class faster than Phantom. It really doen't matter how it is called. Zen is fine but Warped is cool too.

I'd like to see these ships from Pure: Goteki45, Van-Uber, Klor(123Klan ship) and Turboweevel (but another name for it please)

I'd like to see the concept ship designs of AG-Systems, Piranha, Mirage and Goteki45 from Pulse.

I'd like to see these tracks from Pure: Burgertown, Blue Rigde, Sinucit, Koltiwa, Staten Park, 123Klan and Cardcity Run.

I'd like to see these tracks from Pulse: Vostok Reef, Gemini Dam, Edgewinter, Outpost7, Vertica and Fort Gale.

A new race mode where the tracks are damaged by the weapons so that every race and every new lap will have holes in the tracks on different places. You really have to watch out and adjust your racingline in a split second.

A homing missle in Eliminator mode.

This is it for now!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    Van-Uber
    maybe did you mean...
    Van Uber

Goteki45
    I'd like to see the concept ship designs Mirage from Pulse.
    designers forgot to add the " hole " ship design in this pack
    Blue Rigde, Sinucit,Staten Park,

Vostok Reef, Gemini Dam,Vertica and Fort Gale.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by guillaume View Post
    You need to relax.
    It's not a lie, just a different opinion/experience. When I read this sentence in PLazarou's post, I didn't even notice it... Out of the few hours a week I spend on HD, there's only a small percentage of races where I can feel lag and suffer from vista pads. Different experience, different point of view!
    Indeed. The fact I've had plenty of lag-free races suggests that it's not the game's problem anyway. If the game had a fundamental lag issue, it would be apparent in every race, not 1 in 20. When I get lag in HD (and indeed in any other game), I assume it's a connection problem on my end.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

i might just say it again. Vertica

oh yeah. Voskol Reef would look ****ing awesome in 1080p HD. Fully underground water level. Amazing in Pulse too.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I only just opened the cell that lets VERTICA be playable [shows how much I've played PULSE] bring it out on the PS2 so I can see what I'm ****ing doing,can't see **** on the PSP.

A bit of a NASCAR track [turning left for the vast majority of it]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Kigo, did you discover a new trend towards fat, bold, huge letters?
    I do not want to offend anyone, but, seriously, those do not make statements any better; nor do they make reading more enjoyable.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yes i think it was me, it kinda started from this thread here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...?t=6250&page=2

Post 14.

PSN ID
    Andybob35/ZoNeS

1. Zen mode or super phantom online
    2. Dynamic weather conditions (similar to Vostok Island wo2097)
    3. Time trial online but done like rallying and not live (otherwise its a nudge-fest)
    4. A proper online rank that goes by track and race times, and not how much you play it...
    5. Although not an issue for me, lag online.
    6. Always happy to see something new, fury

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    So fonts cant be used for humoristic purposes anymore
    Sorry Darkdrium, I hope I didn't sound rude! The big font combined with the "blatant lie" had me think you were getting angry. My bad!

there is lag, bad sometimes. It seems to be worse in the US, but I don't play enough to say for sure

Timezone
    GMT + 1

A new race mode where the tracks are damaged by the weapons so that every race and every new lap will have holes in the tracks on different places. You really have to watch out and adjust your racingline in a split second.
    I really thought this was a good idea. I am really surpriced that nobody replied to it?