Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AFTER FURY: The next download thoughts

Timezone
    GMT + 10

i am kinda secretly hoping the next wipeout we'll see after the fury expansion, is indeed a full blown wipeout.. wipeout hd and fury sound like they have/will be a good base for future developments, but should another downloadable content pack come out, some of the stuff i'd like to see:

* expanded online options such as:

- 32/64 player tournaments with the top 4 from each 8 player race qualifying through to the final round - i would hope the userbase could support something like this.
    - team based matches, for tournament, single race and eliminator modes (official clan battles with challenges and clan leaderboards)
    - more sensible ranking system
    - automatic host - would allow you to configure static and dynamic race elements, such as randomized or sequential ordered tracks so we dont have to race anulpha pass 30 times in a row

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    I hope friendly fire mode could be included, that way it'll be so easier to have world tournaments, and not shoot your team mates.
    Yes! Great idea!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i like the ladder style tournaments idea

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    2) Time trial online races: With an option to choose whether or not other ships are solid or ghosts. This would basically the best "racing Skill" with no weapons at all. Pure had this and it was amazing. This was the first time I played Arnaud online
    yes. This beats "weapons off" because I HATE the bullsh*t with shields that diminish too quickly.

3) EXPERT MODE: When choosing expert mode, walls would slow you down more, ALSO, weapons would slow you down half the amount they do now. AT THE VERY LEAST THE WALL PART.
    no.

What would others like to include in the next downloads?
    Moar tracks.
    Classic team ship models.
    New CoLD SToRAGE.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah, Classic! So we eventually have Classic - FX350 - Fury ship models
    Tigron and Van-Uber, I know they need some balancing because if you keep the stats Tigron makes Triakis obsolete but please include them! Tigron is one of my favs
    The Time Trial mode from PurE for online with regenerating shields and a turbo per lap (Is that how it worked, I dunno)
    More tracks, see here for ideas.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    On the finish / stats screen (post race) show YOUR overall best time next to (or anywhere) so you can compare them. It used to do this for me, until I added many friends, and now I never see my top times, unless I'm RIGHT NEXT TO THEM - which don't happen much in the 1.4 world...
    Subscribe! Since I can't really remember any of my PBs, I always need to check the "friends" tab after each race. Most of the time, that info is hidden somewhere in the pages above.
    Same thing in tournaments - I'd really like to be able to check after each race.

Displaying PB next to the racetimes would be nice!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Depends on if you will be able to start up that old Communist piece of **** Triakis will rule Eliminator like it did in Pulse, just gotta wait now....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Tigron has:
    shield 5
    speed 5
    thrust 3
    handling 3
    Triakis has 5-5-2-2.
    Tigron > Triakis in PurE, if the bug didn't exist.

Of course they've changed the scale now, from 5 to 10. And Triakis has 10-9-6-6, Piranha has 9-10-6-6. Tigron could have 9-9-7-7, but then Auricom 9-9-7-6 becomes like Harimau vs Assegai. Hmmm...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am with you Al : great proposals

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    2) Time trial online races: With an option to choose whether or not other ships are solid or ghosts. This would basically the best "racing Skill" with no weapons at all.
    I don't really see the point in this. With weapons set to Off, 'the best racing skill' is already testable. Dealing with opponents getting in the way is part of racing. If lag really bothers you that much, you may as well just play offline and try beating your own times.

But I guess it's not a particularly hard feature to implement, so if there's the demand... I've got no complaints. Can't see myself using it though.

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW
    When choosing expert mode, walls would slow you down more, ALSO, weapons would slow you down half the amount they do now. AT THE VERY LEAST THE WALL PART.
    Again, I'm not sure why this is important either. If you're an 'expert', the effects of walls shouldn't be a concern. In any case, the level of slow-down is the same for everyone. What's the problem?