Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AFTER FURY: The next download thoughts

Timezone
    GMT + 10

i am kinda secretly hoping the next wipeout we'll see after the fury expansion, is indeed a full blown wipeout.. wipeout hd and fury sound like they have/will be a good base for future developments, but should another downloadable content pack come out, some of the stuff i'd like to see:

* expanded online options such as:

- 32/64 player tournaments with the top 4 from each 8 player race qualifying through to the final round - i would hope the userbase could support something like this.
    - team based matches, for tournament, single race and eliminator modes (official clan battles with challenges and clan leaderboards)
    - more sensible ranking system
    - automatic host - would allow you to configure static and dynamic race elements, such as randomized or sequential ordered tracks so we dont have to race anulpha pass 30 times in a row

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    I hope friendly fire mode could be included, that way it'll be so easier to have world tournaments, and not shoot your team mates.
    Yes! Great idea!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i like the ladder style tournaments idea

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    2) Time trial online races: With an option to choose whether or not other ships are solid or ghosts. This would basically the best "racing Skill" with no weapons at all. Pure had this and it was amazing. This was the first time I played Arnaud online
    yes. This beats "weapons off" because I HATE the bullsh*t with shields that diminish too quickly.

3) EXPERT MODE: When choosing expert mode, walls would slow you down more, ALSO, weapons would slow you down half the amount they do now. AT THE VERY LEAST THE WALL PART.
    no.

What would others like to include in the next downloads?
    Moar tracks.
    Classic team ship models.
    New CoLD SToRAGE.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah, Classic! So we eventually have Classic - FX350 - Fury ship models
    Tigron and Van-Uber, I know they need some balancing because if you keep the stats Tigron makes Triakis obsolete but please include them! Tigron is one of my favs
    The Time Trial mode from PurE for online with regenerating shields and a turbo per lap (Is that how it worked, I dunno)
    More tracks, see here for ideas.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    On the finish / stats screen (post race) show YOUR overall best time next to (or anywhere) so you can compare them. It used to do this for me, until I added many friends, and now I never see my top times, unless I'm RIGHT NEXT TO THEM - which don't happen much in the 1.4 world...
    Subscribe! Since I can't really remember any of my PBs, I always need to check the "friends" tab after each race. Most of the time, that info is hidden somewhere in the pages above.
    Same thing in tournaments - I'd really like to be able to check after each race.

Displaying PB next to the racetimes would be nice!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Depends on if you will be able to start up that old Communist piece of **** Triakis will rule Eliminator like it did in Pulse, just gotta wait now....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Tigron has:
    shield 5
    speed 5
    thrust 3
    handling 3
    Triakis has 5-5-2-2.
    Tigron > Triakis in PurE, if the bug didn't exist.

Of course they've changed the scale now, from 5 to 10. And Triakis has 10-9-6-6, Piranha has 9-10-6-6. Tigron could have 9-9-7-7, but then Auricom 9-9-7-6 becomes like Harimau vs Assegai. Hmmm...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I am with you Al : great proposals

PSN ID
    PLazarou

2) Time trial online races: With an option to choose whether or not other ships are solid or ghosts. This would basically the best "racing Skill" with no weapons at all.
    I don't really see the point in this. With weapons set to Off, 'the best racing skill' is already testable. Dealing with opponents getting in the way is part of racing. If lag really bothers you that much, you may as well just play offline and try beating your own times.

But I guess it's not a particularly hard feature to implement, so if there's the demand... I've got no complaints. Can't see myself using it though.

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW
    When choosing expert mode, walls would slow you down more, ALSO, weapons would slow you down half the amount they do now. AT THE VERY LEAST THE WALL PART.
    Again, I'm not sure why this is important either. If you're an 'expert', the effects of walls shouldn't be a concern. In any case, the level of slow-down is the same for everyone. What's the problem?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Tigron has:
    shield 5
    speed 5
    thrust 3
    handling 3
    Triakis has 5-5-2-2.
    Tigron > Triakis in PurE, if the bug didn't exist.

Of course they've changed the scale now, from 5 to 10. And Triakis has 10-9-6-6, Piranha has 9-10-6-6. Tigron could have 9-9-7-7, but then Auricom 9-9-7-6 becomes like Harimau vs Assegai. Hmmm...
    tigron would be, to make basicaly a good balanced thing:

speed 9
    thrust 6
    handling 7
    shield 9

this is the best i can think

now pleeeeeasssseee bring it on

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Replays. Both savable, and shareable would really do it for me.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    I don't really see the point in this. With weapons set to Off, 'the best racing skill' is already testable. Dealing with opponents getting in the way is part of racing. If lag really bothers you that much, you may as well just play offline and try beating your own times.
    You can't BR your bawlz off in Weapons Off races. (think Toyota Tacoma with the driver door open while the engine is running) Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding.

If we had the ability to do a Time-Trial-Esque race, we could fit in so many BRs without any regard to shield status. Which would be epic in my mind, as I suffer from a hidden and difficult to pull off BR fetish, and I'd LOVE to use it online.

Line Break

OBH - Agreed! Many, MANY times I've thought - OMG, that was an incredible race, check out my REP---- awwww.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Frankly, I don't care (myself) about another speed class. It's great when you're alone, but with other ships around ... well I don't think so. And I don't think that slowing you down more with the walls could increase the fun.

The online Time trial could be a good idea (I won't participate, but still find it interesting). btw, Pure didn't have online feature (only ad-hoc).

What I would like is a true online ranking system, like SF4 or PES 2009 for exemple. Getting or, on the contrary substracting points depending on your actions in the races/tournament.
    I would also like a true online "team" mode (with friendly fire ON/OFF).

And obviously more tracks !!! (Fort Gale, De construct, Outpost 7)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    Replays. Both savable, and shareable would really do it for me.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

1) "I don't really see the point in this. With weapons set to Off, 'the best racing skill' is already testable. Dealing with opponents getting in the way is part of racing. If lag really bothers you that much, you may as well just play offline and try beating your own times."

"But I guess it's not a particularly hard feature to implement, so if there's the demand... I've got no complaints. Can't see myself using it though."

2) "Again, I'm not sure why this is important either. If you're an 'expert', the effects of walls shouldn't be a concern. In any case, the level of slow-down is the same for everyone. What's the problem?"

1) For this one, racing skill is about driving. The game is so much battle oriented (not the case in wo1/xl) that it comes down to when you use the weapons, and the game is quite easy to be "good" at, and not fall too far behind, that the game becomes a "weapon experts game only" Once again, weapons mattered in the old game, but not only weapons. Even in pure and pulse, you racing skill meant a great deal more than in HD. Not that I don't like the handling, which brings me to my next point

2) The problem with the easy wall riding and minimal slowdown, is it makes EVERYONE an expert as far as driving skills are concerned. Pure's slowdown on the walls (crazy hearing me say this now), would be great for this game, and would separate the driving skills more from a great player to a good player to a average player. If someone is not hitting walls, I want them to blow me away if I cannot stay off of them. Right now it doesn't matter, so 1 and 2 kinda go together

3) Another note, if the time trial online was implemented, you could actually have choice between standard mode (tt in hd as it is), or pure mode (lose shied). Both ways would be very nice to be able to play as

4) pure's online mode: Yes this did not exist, but you could still play online through a site that allowed you to do so. I forgot the name at this time. I worked pretty well too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

"2) The problem with the easy wall riding and minimal slowdown, is it makes EVERYONE an expert as far as driving skills are concerned. Pure's slowdown on the walls (crazy hearing me say this now), would be great for this game, and would separate the driving skills more from a great player to a good player to a average player. If someone is not hitting walls, I want them to blow me away if I cannot stay off of them. Right now it doesn't matter, so 1 and 2 kinda go together"

But, at the same time, the wall-riding of XL/64 and WO3 is what made the series very approachable to people. I'm good at those games because I don't get dragged to a crawl every time I happen to barely graze the wall on a course... but pure, pulse, and HD are nothing but a frustration to me because if I happen to tap the wall like ONCE, then I'm at the back of the pack for the rest of an online race, never to see first, second, or third for that run. I don't have anything against things being balanced or finding ways to truly separate out the best pilots, but **** it's insulting. A lot of times I'm either jammed into the wall by another ship or one weapon slides me into one (after bringing my ship to a dead stand-still first, of course)... The direction that the series' handling has taken over the last three games has made it less approachable and less fun than the old ones... it's another reason why XL and 64 are still my favorites :/

EDIT: And mind you, remember XL, 64, and 3 all DO penalize you for hitting the wall roughly. I've heard "CLUNK!" more times than I like to admit in my early years

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Tigron Tigron Tigron Tigron Tigron Tigron
    Van Uber Van Uber Van Uber Van Uber Van Uber

let's see if that's clear

Eric, I understand the scrape of xl comparison (the clunk noise was awesome). The problem you are having it seems that the weapons are causing you to blast into the walls, and I understand that completely. That is bs, and the slowdown from the weapons is too much as well. I am thinking TT alot when I post these so keep that in mind too. Also, My suggestion was that it be an OPTION meaning "expert mode--on/off--" on the setup screen. I would think that it might be nice to have the option only on the additional speed class, or maybe just on that speed class.

Maybe in how you are looking at it, the slight scrapes should be minimal slowdown, but at some point in you hit, if you grind, you should REALLY slow down, but at least make it possible to not be magnetized to the wall.

You do have to admit though, driving wise (not counting weapons), the game is incredibly easy to get a fast time (within 3-5 seconds of the top race time) if you are willing to some time into it.

I think the whole thing comes down to the weapons seemingly to me at least being a little out of whack. Running over mines slows you down WAY TOO MUCH, even just one mine, and it is difficult to come back in a race even after one weapon hit. I know that this is one of the problems programming this though, and how to balance it must be difficult. That was why I was suggesting those time trial races.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

1) For this one, racing skill is about driving. The game is so much battle oriented (not the case in wo1/xl) that it comes down to when you use the weapons, and the game is quite easy to be "good" at, and not fall too far behind, that the game becomes a "weapon experts game only" Once again, weapons mattered in the old game, but not only weapons. Even in pure and pulse, you racing skill meant a great deal more than in HD. Not that I don't like the handling, which brings me to my next point

2) The problem with the easy wall riding and minimal slowdown, is it makes EVERYONE an expert as far as driving skills are concerned. Pure's slowdown on the walls (crazy hearing me say this now), would be great for this game, and would separate the driving skills more from a great player to a good player to a average player. If someone is not hitting walls, I want them to blow me away if I cannot stay off of them. Right now it doesn't matter, so 1 and 2 kinda go together
    You've responded in an odd way, if you don't mind me saying... or possibly you misread my points... I was saying that when you race with weapons off, it's already all about driving skill. Sure, an option to race purely against ghosts means you don't have to deal with lag, but generally this isn't a huge problem. You're talking about playing with weapons on for some reason...

And to the second point, you're still not really justifying why you think the walls are an issue. Whether you get slowed down a lot or a little, it works the same for everyone. Add more slowdown on the walls, and the better player wins by 5 seconds. Have less slowdown, and the better player wins by 2 seconds. There is no problem here. Whatever the walls do, the best player is going to win.