Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: HD with FURY expansion questions

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim1982 View Post
    Is that limited to Eliminator mode or can it be done in normal races too?
    No, I asked Tony the same question and IIRC it's an Eliminator exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    hmm im highly sceptical of this. i really hope you mean tweaked and not improved, as this will in the end lead to the original ships beeing abandoned.
    Me too, impoved, and yes, I think for TTing you would certainly want to use the ship with the better stats, i.e. the newly skinned ones. And yes, the'll be unlocked. There are three per ship and they look gorgeous - which is mostly because they got added geometry. The latter makes them look like... imagine comparing a convertible to one of the more recent SUVs. (Are there videos around yet? I didn't have the time to look at what new material is out there.)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Improved stats as in more balanced, ore actually superior compared to the original ones? I hope not superior, because that would make the original ship models obsolete...

Nice to hear there are 3 skins for each though
    And no, no videos that I've spotted so far...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Superior, actually. Ever so slightly, though! Like .5 more speed and just as much more agility - something along those lines. But I imagine you TT guys will use all you can get...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

KIGO: Again, Amphiseum has not been modified like Metropia was.
    Look:

That's Amphiseum White/Reverse's turn before the big jump.

That's Amphiseum Black/Forward's magstrip drop right at the start.

Also: superior ships = stupid. They have to balance out.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

On the video, the weapons pads in the Amphiseum are blue like the boost pads. Why?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    There are three per ship and they look gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Nice to hear there are 3 skins for each though
    ****YEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is the best news i can hear
    which is mostly because they got added geometry. The latter makes them look like... imagine comparing a convertible to one of the more recent SUVs. Ben
    what? now this really bother me...what you exacly mean, comparing convertible with SUV? this isn't exatly a good image since with a good racing you expect sleek, smooth and dynamic forms...and added geometry, they wouldn't be like those discrage tank like mosters of fusion i hope!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Improved stats as in more balanced, ore actually superior compared to the original ones? I hope not superior, because that would make the original ship models obsolete...
    different stats, in the sense of varied from the original ships has sense, so now we'll have more and more slighly different driving experencies, and has sense in " real " terms point of view since modified aerodynamics profile, built criterion , geometry ec ec implied different performances and add much more sense of reality & credibility, and orgasm attacks to such WOgeeks like me...

but superior in the sense for exemple old piranha 10-6-6-9 new one 10-7-7-9
    is just ****ing damn bloody hell stupid that's harmful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    superior ships = stupid. They have to balance out.
    i'm in accord with you this would be just stupid, this remberer me a certain infamous game...an unlucky past episode...

now i have fear

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

this video ask some questions now:

http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video...d-f_videogames

in this video you can see the ag sys ship , not yet seen in shots or the trailer
    and the so argued issue about the improved stats

sincerelly i was expected much from ag-sys new model, definitely don't like it much, just matter of tastes

I DON'T HAVE SEE ALL THE VIDEO, THE ONES DON'T WANT STUFF TO BE SPOILED DON'T SEE THE LINK

edit: not that talon's junkyard seems no longer so dull
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 5th June 2009 at 08:17 AM.

If the new skins are actually faster that would put le chat parmi les pigeons in the TT/SL rankings, but we don`t know how it will be handled overall so it`s not worth complaining too much. It would be the same for everyone and if it gives everyone the impetus to start playing again it`s not a disaster maybe, but I would think the old skins would need the same stat boost or as eL says there would be no point to them and they would be obsolete, which would be a shame. But let`s wait and see as we`re not going on many facts in any of this I`m sure everything that is changed and all release schedules will be for the best of reasons, so I`ll take the blue pill and not worry. Best of luck to SL getting it ready for release.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by BARTgai View Post
    On the video, the weapons pads in the Amphiseum are blue like the boost pads. Why?
    probably eliminator mode, with pads always active.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

No it seems to be the zone battle's mode.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

New ships > Old ships

Dumb move. What is the use of the old ships now except being pretty in the menu? :/

You can clearly see on the video darkfaerytales posted that AG-Fury > AG-Systems, as you can see the red bit being added in the performance bar for Fury version.

So unless this works ONLY for Eliminator (Which is always possible) and in this mode only Fury ships are selectable, it's great for everyone else still playing Vanilla WipEout HD online. [/sarcasm]

And oh btw do we actually know if these Fury ships will be usable online? Or is it the same stupid thing as Pulse where they are not?
    Also, any planned interactions between Vanilla WipEout HD and WipEout HD Fury for online, or does purchasing the DLC effectively lock you out of Vanilla WipEout HD because you get better ships?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

mmm blue pill for me too! Can't wait to ride my new pimped Icaras.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    New ships > Old ships

Dumb move. What is the use of the old ships now except being pretty in the menu? :/
    in fact they look strangely prettier

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I'll stay loyal to my lovely old ships

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    I'll stay loyal to my lovely old ships
    but the new qirex looks awesome! why don't you give it a try?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?
    Ben, did you have the time to test the new ships and see whether the improved stats were just on paper or if the ships were actually superior?
    Before speculation goes through the roof.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Aww man. That new AG-S ship looks pretty ugly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    but the new qirex looks awesome! why don't you give it a try?
    absolutely not, to me look like as a kinda of a futuristic hearse, i don't understand the choices of some new models designs, sincerelly i'm happy only of few of them...

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Aww man. That new AG-S ship looks pretty ugly.
    uhm, basically is like an harimau " old " model with few minor differences, but the chassis is the same... the new ag-sys looks like the "old" harimau model and the new harimau model looks like the ag-sys pulse concept...

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

If the ships are improved ever so slightly in certain stats, then 1-2 stats should lose some of it's original level automatically.

Example: AG Fury has an increase in accel. and speed.(from what I could see) So it should lose some shield as a deciding factor in keeping the ships even for single races. As far as TT/SL goes, no ship should be any better than the old ships. Without question. If they are better, than Liverpool may as well pull the old ships from the game entirely.

I'm gonna wait on final judgement until the pack is out, of course, but it doesn't make it any less worrying to me.

Edit: Just thought about this, but would Fury ships have their own tables for records. It may get kind of confusing, but it would somewhat sort the "improved stat" issue. Thoughts gents?
    Last edited by Avenger2197; 5th June 2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: grammer and a thought

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I'm not a huge fan of that AG-S in the video, but I'll wait till I get the pack and see it on my own monitor before stepping away from my home ship. I'm all for AG-S getting some more speed and losing some sheild, give me a better chance against some of the quicker ships.