Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: HD with FURY expansion questions

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Hehe, get your ass over here next time, Guillaume, for beer and stuff!

Talon's "Junkyard": Ah, shoot. I really should read my posts before hitting Submit.

There is actually so much more about Fury I'd like to write, but I can't right now. You might know I'm not a HUGE fan HD - but I quite like what they did with the add-on. Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?

Ben
    Last edited by G'Kyl; 4th June 2009 at 02:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sorry but it still doesn't answer the question.

[I don't know what's happening but I keep getting consistent Wipeoutzone server issues,try later, A LOT]

I tried posting while Paul was still online.

Paul you specify RACEBOX,that's all well and good.

What the Original post asked .

Are HD and FURY tracks able to be mixed for ONLINE?

This has yet to be answered.and atm, almost seem a subject that has purposely ben avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Sorry but it still doesn't answer the question.

[I don't know what's happening but I keep getting consistent Wipeoutzone server issues,try later, A LOT]

I tried posting while Paul was still online.

Paul you specify RACEBOX,that's all well and good.

What the Original post asked .

This has yet to be answered.and atm, almost seem a subject that has purposely ben avoided.
    Yes you can freely mix up the tracks to create a tournament. The tracks are in the same "list".

Paul.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

i really don't understand what you're asking for.

in your post that sounds : "if i host, i choose between HD game or Fury game"
    ok that would be good to let people choose.
    but you seem to think (or ask) : "if i choose fury game i only have the 4 new tracks(+r)"
    that means if you choose at least 1 fury track in a tournament, you couldn't choose a HD track.

they won't release an expansion that does not allow you to play with older tracks. i find it a bit obvious. (but that's my opinion)

Edit :
    OK, Thank You Paul!
    you posted while i needed to improve my english sentences.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl View Post
    Hehe, get your ass over here next time, Guillaume, for beer and stuff!
    I wish! If only someone would pay for it...
    Talon's "Junkyard": Ah, shoot. I really should read my posts before hitting Submit.
    Ha ha, good one!
    Oh no, you had too much brandy, you're getting paranoid again!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?

Really? IIIIIInteresting...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I just wanted a specific answer.

Something we have now received.

WE WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE.

It could of been otherwise,don't ask,don't know.

Thank's PAUL for the clarification
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 4th June 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    Hi guys,

Just thought I'd try to address a couple of your questions.

Firstly let me say that Japan DOES have the V1.40 update. It released there about a week later than in Europe and US due to a bank holiday they had.

I also wanted to confirm that the new Fury stuff slots tidily into the existing HD game. So you can choose any mode and track from Racebox. The HD Campaign remains as it is but is joined by the new Fury Campaign which, as I've said, focuses a little more on the new modes and tracks.

As for Trophies, the ones that are specific to HD (basically the campaign ones) will behave as they always did. The non-specific ones will trigger in any content (HD and Fury). Things like Smile Please, Happy Accident?, Own The Zone, Double Kill, etc. Basically they will behave as you would expect them to as a player. Beat Zico is still very hard ;-)

There are new trophies too of course...

As for Eliminator mode, it is every bit as much fun as in Pulse and yes, you can fire a Quake backwards down the track.

Please note that prices and exact release dates are not yet set, when they are they will be announced. We appreciate that you're excited but this stuff takes time.

Hope that answers some questions,

Paul.
    Nice, that's gonna make getting AG Assassin legitimately a lot more easier, especially since this update should bring a ton of people back to playing the game online.

I can't wait.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Song is Machine Gun by Noisia.
    Niiiice, thank you very much dj

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Paul I love you.

Now that all my questions/prayers have been answered I'm not sure what more I want from life....besides a release date

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Keep 'm coming Paul! Big

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Amphiseum (White is now Black)
    I don't know if I should like that or not. That the most reverse tracks weren't "just" copies of the forward tracks made Pulse more enjoyable, as the different track versions bring more variety.

Long tracks can offer more variety for forward and reverse direction, even if the tracks are 1:1 the same. That's because they are long and include turns that are easy on forward but hard on reverse (and the other way around), so long tracks can be really different for both directions as they offer a lot of these turns.
    For short tracks that's not always the case, as ofter chicanes work just one way but not the other way around. As Pure and Pulse only offer short tracks and were designed for forward directions (or, for reverse with another route) I'm skeptical if simple "forward to reverse"-tracks will work that well.

We will see.

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Yep, you can fire everything in every direction. You can even fly each way, too. Eliminator is gonna be da SH.T online!! (in a good way! )
    Is that limited to Eliminator mode or can it be done in normal races too? Imagine being tailed by a guy for half a lap only to flip round and unload a few rockets in his face

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Did anyone mention the (very slightly) improved stats for the new ship models/skins yet?

Ben
    hmm im highly sceptical of this. i really hope you mean tweaked and not improved, as this will in the end lead to the original ships beeing abandoned. i think the different ships in HD are balanced quite well. and even if the fury ships are balanced against each other they sound "slightly" superior to the original ships, which i dont like one bit. also i hope the new skins are unlockable, just like the liveries. and not just obtained at purchase.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Sausehunn, I think he means they just switched the names around, Amphiseum White = Reverse and Amphiseum Black = Forward. Because if you look in the trailer, both ways are there, that long turn before the big jump can be seen ("Welcome to Amphiseum"), as well as the magstrip drop.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Ah okay then
    Still, there's Metropia as an example

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    Sounds like some clues to Sony`s plans in this link Zeez posted. It suggests there will be an all in one version where you can buy HD and Fury in one go.
    Makes sense to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    I don't know if I should like that or not. That the most reverse tracks weren't "just" copies of the forward tracks made Pulse more enjoyable, as the different track versions bring more variety.

Long tracks can offer more variety for forward and reverse direction, even if the tracks are 1:1 the same. That's because they are long and include turns that are easy on forward but hard on reverse (and the other way around), so long tracks can be really different for both directions as they offer a lot of these turns.
    For short tracks that's not always the case, as ofter chicanes work just one way but not the other way around. As Pure and Pulse only offer short tracks and were designed for forward directions (or, for reverse with another route) I'm skeptical if simple "forward to reverse"-tracks will work that well.

We will see.

indeed, have tracks that get basicaly 2 slighlty different courses one in forward other in reverse and aren't just the same track just raced in opposite direction , besides that'd be ACE and make more variety and fun, it make the number to a true 16 ( now 24 )
    i don't see why people continue to say wipeout hd have 16 tracks when this isn't true at all

vineta: yes
    anulpha: yes
    moa therma : no same 1:1
    chenghou: yes
    metropia: no 1:1
    sebenco: no 1:1
    ubermall : no 1:1
    sol 2 : no 1:1

so this actually makes 8+3 = 11

this is what intrigue me :

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9949/bkcsjdjgeq.png

see that, take a look, i'm pretty sure this is amphiseum by the light and the architecture

just, i don't remenber a part like that in any of the new track now

talon's can't be, the mags are on the loop only, same for rev.
    tech- no mags at all
    modesto- fwrd obviously no mag at all, rev. maybe in the big hump
    so this lead only to amphiseum...

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    I also wanted to confirm that the new Fury stuff slots tidily into the existing HD game. So you can choose any mode and track from Racebox.
    Don't worry, Eliminator basically runs as fine as any other splitscreen mode.
    ZOMG. So if I'm interpreting these two quotes correctly... all the new modes are going to be playable in splitscreen?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    indeed, have tracks that get basicaly 2 slighlty different courses one in forward other in reverse and aren't just the same track just raced in opposite direction , besides that'd be ACE and make more variety and fun, it make the number to a true 16 ( now 24 )
    i don't see why people continue to say wipeout hd have 16 tracks when this isn't true at all

vineta: yes
    anulpha: yes
    moa therma : no same 1:1
    chenghou: yes
    metropia: no 1:1
    sebenco: no 1:1
    ubermall : no 1:1
    sol 2 : no 1:1

so this actually makes 8+3 = 11

this is what intrigue me :

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9949/bkcsjdjgeq.png

see that, take a look, i'm pretty sure this is amphiseum by the light and the architecture

just, i don't remenber a part like that in any of the new track now

talon's can't be, the mags are on the loop only, same for rev.
    tech- no mags at all
    modesto- fwrd obviously no mag at all, rev. maybe in the big hump
    so this lead only to amphiseum...
    That photo is of The Amphiseum Black, since the black varient of the track has the mag strip on the main straight. While the White version had a massive jump there instead, which is absolute chaos on Pulse online sometimes.

But as we know with what happen to Metropia, that the Black version was the same as reverse and forward, this might be the same case scenario with The Amphiseum Black as well, where the forward and the reverse Architecture of the track are the same.