Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HD with FURY expansion questions

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

You know, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing japanese pilots online... They didn't get the 1.40 update yet? That is strange indeed, it's been out for a while now, and this was not that big of a patch.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'm pretty sure I raced Japanese players this week, and the week before that.

Be advised: make sure you buy Fury from the same Store that you bought Wipeout HD from. If it works the same way that Rock Band does, then they will need to come from the same region to interoperate.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Guess we aren't going to get and explanation from SL on how FURY & HD meld,if they do.

I was watching WHO was online that could of responded,but chose not to.

Strange as it's Their baby.

It seems like a Cavet emptor situation atm regarding FURY .

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Does anyone think that we will be able to achieve the original wipeout trophies while in the Fury content and vice versa? I ask cos I'm still a couple short of transcendence and the special Zone tracks might make things easier for me to get that elusive Zone Zeus.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Maybe Fury gets extra trophies.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I asked the same question at one of the Playstation forums.

Their reply was that it should not effect getting the original trophies [Transcendence],it will still allow you to get it via the original premise.

FURY will/should just add a percentage bar of trophies achieved like similar games that have had DLC trophies added.

Not that I'm a trophy hunter,far too old and decrepit to worry about those.

Plus one would need a constant source of new and extremely boring shooters to quell ones trophy cravings, if trophies are considered the mark of gaming competence.
    I'd rather be put in a home than having to suffer FPS's.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

You guys make it out like Fury is going to be a separate entity or something. Fury's just going to be an expansion; it'll update the user interface and add new content. "Fury" is just the expansion's name, kinda like the Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega, etc packs for WOpure. Maybe future HD packs will be called like "Havoc" and "Chaos" or something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    I think that`s a very useful bunch of questions, Blackwiggle. I think it will all be revealed in the download method. Some possibilities are:

1. Fury could be just a "plug in" for HD. You launch HD to play it. Everyone has to download the Fury content even if they don`t buy it. This way they can still "see" and play the content when hosted by others online, but they can`t host it or do it single player. ...
    Considering the lifetime of the PS3, it is very likely that the current
    WipEout HD DLC, Fury, isn't the last one. So keeping DLCs consistent
    is rather important to not split up the community.

I would do it as follows; For all those who bought WipEout HD there will
    be an upgrade option (for a given price tag) to upgrade to WipEout HD
    Fury! That is to say, there will be no plain WipEout HD any longer.
    Hence, WipEout HD Fury will replace WipEout HD and will be sold at a
    slightly higher price tag than the current version. The advantage doing
    this is of utmost importance. It doesn't split the community! And only a
    healthy community continues to buy further DLCs -- keeping the game
    alive! So if you are new to WipEout you will be up-to-date on buying
    WipEout HD Fury.

Pricing scheme
    upgrade to WipEout HD Fury: 7.99 EUR
    WipEout HD Fury full game: 22.99 EUR
    (note: the pricing scheme is an example! do not copy)

WipEout HD is priced at 17.99 EUR over here in germany. A simple calculation
    (based upon the given pricing scheme from above) yields that those who
    bought WipEout HD are paying an additional amount of about 5 EUR compared
    to those who will buy WipEout HD Fury straight away. Fair? Well, consider that
    WipEout HD gets dated to some degree. And to win new fans for the franchise
    you have to offer them a good deal. So if you look at it, it is a win-win
    situation for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lunar View Post
    ... Maybe this is unlikely if the DLC update is very big. It`s a very common way with PSN games. It works with Everybodys Golf very well, but does lead to some big update downloads. ...
    Judging from what I've seen so far, SL is very efficient on storage space if
    you compare them to other companies. Patches are also very small. Look!
    People do download demos of about 1.5 - 2GB.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 4th June 2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: I adapted the pricing somewhat.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I made a thread about that, you know
    Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating, but those questions asked by me, Xavier (well not really) I can answer:

1. As far as I know: you can buy DLC worldwide, provided you have a credit card working for that region. If you can't get your credit card accepted to pay at the UK store, you won't be able to buy the DLC. But if you buy it, it will work.

2. Yes, you can buy DLC content without having the game it's made for. Don't know why though, you will be unable to play it, as it requires the full game.

Darkdrium, thanks! I had been afraid that (1) would turn out like that. Can you use point cards, then? Here in Japan they sell those in 7-11 stores and you can send them all over the world for people to use at the Japanese PSN Store.

As for (2), I was just wondering if you could still make use of the Fury tracks and other material if there were region problems and you (for some reason) couldn't "meld" Fury to your WOHD stuff.

I'll just play it safe and buy both from the same Store.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Just about to say;

Can you change your choice of custom music track while in the ship selection screen while online, just like in Pulse?

This REALLY NEEDs to be put in. Cant stand how i cant change my music track options whistle playing online.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

I have a question. I assume the four new tracks (+ four reverse) will be added to the main list and thus playable in splitscreen. But will any of the new modes be playable in splitscreen?

Splitscreen has a massive impact on framerate already, so I'm concerned that the likes of Eliminator (which is far more intense, and causes horrendous framerate drops in Wipeout Pulse) will not be playable in splitscreen.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

****, i think Eliminator mode at 1080p@60fps, plus additional players is going to crash the PS3 console when you think about it, guess we are going to have to wait then.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I know this is a really small thing, but it could have an effect on eliminator mode. I've noticed from the trailer that in eliminator mode you have the ability to swap directions. I was just wondering how will ships going the wrong way react to speed pads? You can see in the attached image Qirex is going one with the speed pads and Auricom is going against them.

Nothing big really, they either slow you down a bit or they don't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

i would guess, the same way as in HD. they will slow you down, but if you go fast enough not stop you. this seems to me as the most logical solution as there is no need to change it for eliminator anyway.

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

If we can flip round in eliminator mode does that mean back quakes are here again?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Xavier, I do not think PSN cards work worldwide, only on the store they were made for. So I would be surprised if your Yen cards work on the UK store. I recommend you import a 50$ American PSN Store card and buy WOHD and Fury when it comes out from the American PSN Store, as European cards are not out yet (Although I read they were coming, maybe they are out now idk)

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I was thinking, wipeoutHD itself only cost £11 - the biggest release date bargain ive ever seen by miles! - £40 in the shops and ive still bought it, and it would still have been worth every penny.

But if that was so cheap, how much is this going to be?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim1982 View Post
    If we can flip round in eliminator mode does that mean back quakes are here again?
    reverse quake is the first thing i thought about when i saw this asseagai do this 180° spin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

what's that pastel colours ship in one of the new shots??!

WTF? eg-x?!! pastel blue! isn't supposed to be very very dark tone of blue?
    like powder blue or blue-black?

light blue? what the hell

are we sure that the ship models on the shot are finished?

i have read in a couple of italian ( and not italian too ) webzine that with the dlc pack there supposed to be a little graphical restyling/update too, as someone in first post have sugested, too me it have sense since basicaly the game was realeased like a year ago, and is well clear by the trailer that the new track enviroment and stuff look slightly different...