Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Thread: HD Fury Expansion Pack

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ Nunalho - Actually, I tried using the HD ships and it didn't make a difference...still had the same issue. It's a moot point though, as I tried playing online with Fury for the first time and the sound was back to normal again. So, once I finished online, I tried running speed laps again and the sound was back to normal there too. A very strange phenomenon indeed. I'm just glad it worked itself out. I hope the problem doesn't crop up again though...

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Well then, lucky you mate, i still have the loud effect when i use Fury ships on the new tracks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Y'know, I think the fury ships actually may have a throatier, slightly louder sound than the HD ships anyway, but what I was experiencing was VERY loud to the point that it was distracting and I couldn't play. It wasn't just the ships that were loud either, it was the sound of going over speed pads and the sound of hitting walls that was extremely loud too.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Damn FURY is bloody gorgeous, I am sure everyone was blown away by first accessing the new menu. Seems like Fury is all staged in the 'Hell level' of Doom3 ... ... seriously, all that screen shaky effects, that awesome fire particle rendered AG-craft, the red on black Menu fonts and not to forget the new pumping sound loop. This makes my adrenalin rush into the bloodstream even before starting up an actual event. Eliminator is awesome ... plasma'd one CPU opponent in tha face this morning , made my day

2 thumbs up to all the guys at SL, thank you soooo much for your continous effort to deliver the sexiest game in the history of videogames. And your helpful attitude toward any bugs, glitches, complaints, whatever ...

It has been said million times , but i'll do it again, not getting this DLC could be considered the crime of the century

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

It's there and I played HD Fury for roughly 3 hours in campaign and some online races (zone battle and eliminator) ... let's say it this way: Fury is worth every cent. I did not expect anything less. Half of my cents go for the nice menu I like the particle demo-scene style together with this background music - Farbrausch style.

Anyway, I feel a little uncertain on the more action and zone related events. They are currently not the thing I'll going to love soon. It's so different compared to HD. A too big change for me at the moment. So I'll stick with learning the 'new' tracks - man, I f'up big time when joining one phantom race on a new track And maybe by completing the campaign I'll adjust and love all or some of the new modes.

PSN ID
    flashbax1

WOW! I'm not gonna be doing much this weekend other than playing this game. Its just made one of the best games for the PS3 in my opinion into the best My system crashed twice tho and i had to hard reset...

PSN ID
    Casshern1981

Great DLC !!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Default Effects Sounds Problems

Alright, so I just fired up Fury again for the first time since last night and the sound issues I had before, that I thought had worked themselves out, have cropped up again, except this time while playing online.

Like I reported earlier, the engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are extremely loud to the point that it's distracting and the game becomes unplayable for me. I've experienced this in all three modes I've played in...speed lap, time trial and online single race. It just came about randomly and it went away randomly...then came back again randomly. If I lower the effects volume, it helps, but then I can barely hear the woman's voice. If I lower my receiver's volume, it also helps, but then I can barely hear my music and all the effects I need to hear.

I'm royally pissed right now. It's doesn't appear anyone else is having this issue either, which doesn't give me hope for some sort of explanation or fix...

See my post in the bug report thread for more details...
    Last edited by LOUDandPROUD; 24th July 2009 at 02:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

They seem louder, but it's still fine.

I'm getting a lot of 'Vista Pads' on online Eliminator mode tho (other modes fine), way more than before.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    tileon

Wicked, wicked, wicked game design on battle zone. It seems so complex firsthand, but once you've got it... il like to finish on synchopia with 3 barrel rolls its so rewarding.... There's a real dilemna between getting in the lead right from the start or building up your zone bar quietly behind. But then the faster you go the more zone pads you get and the more perfect zones you achieve... must... speed on...

It's not a race based on distance but on speed/acceleration. It's not where you are that counts but how you manage to build up momentum. Great!

Detonator... is decent. I got bored I must admit. I'm no good at shooters.

Eliminator is SO much more fun than in Pulse! It's like when I was a kid and we were chasing one another around then the one being chased would turn around all of a sudden with frowing brow and malicious eyes and inverse roles, everyone screaming with glee.... Well that's how great it gets. I'm not too sure about the glee screams but a headset would confirm it I'm sure!

Concerning the new tracks/ships, more of racy goodness is good.

just...

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    They seem louder, but it's still fine.

I'm getting a lot of 'Vista Pads' on online Eliminator mode tho (other modes fine), way more than before.
    It´s not just louder, its like we are constantly inside a tunnel.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I think Mallavol is the new Anulpha Pass in terms of easy reaching +50 zone. I made perfect zones in the first ones, after is a little bit harder, but only in some part.

Last night i played Battle Zone with some of the zoners here, problemsolver, bartgai and others. I suck at this mode, i passed of all the barriers lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Just another update on the sound issue I've been having. Like before, it just randomly went back to normal. Been fine in multiple modes for over an hour now. This is very strange...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Fuk it, fuk it, fuk it. Had a felling this was going to happen.

Is this bug related? Or too many people having slow net connections?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberio View Post
    I think Mallavol is the new Anulpha Pass in terms of easy reaching +50 zone. I made perfect zones in the first ones, after is a little bit harder, but only in some part.

Last night i played Battle Zone with some of the zoners here, problemsolver, bartgai and others. I suck at this mode, i passed of all the barriers lol.

hahaha you stole my next post.i was gonna say the same thing, the track is perfectly designed for listening to your favourite tunes whilst caning the zone record.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Fuk it, fuk it, fuk it. Had a felling this was going to happen.

Is this bug related? Or too many people having slow net connections?
    I've only had one so far. Or maybe it wasn't technically a Vista pad. I got a bleep but no weapon. That was in a normal race I think. In eliminator they all worked...a little too well in fact. Crazy stuff!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Maybe it was just busy or something.

I got the 'beep' weapon sound but no weapon, sometimes 3-4 pads in a row. Considering it's eliminator mode was a little annoying, but i'll give SL the benefit off the doubt for now and try after the 2.01 patch.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Arghh, still have ghost bugs on Fury, my current time isn't the same than my ghost
    And some of my records are longer to synchro than others (if they synchro one day )
    Pleeeeeaaaase, fix that, it's HUGELY annoying !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by tileon View Post
    Wicked, wicked, wicked game design on battle zone. It seems so complex firsthand, but once you've got it... il like to finish on synchopia with 3 barrel rolls its so rewarding.... There's a real dilemna between getting in the lead right from the start or building up your zone bar quietly behind. But then the faster you go the more zone pads you get and the more perfect zones you achieve... must... speed on...

It's not a race based on distance but on speed/acceleration. It's not where you are that counts but how you manage to build up momentum. Great!

Detonator... is decent. I got bored I must admit. I'm no good at shooters.

Eliminator is SO much more fun than in Pulse! It's like when I was a kid and we were chasing one another around then the one being chased would turn around all of a sudden with frowing brow and malicious eyes and inverse roles, everyone screaming with glee....
    Well, I didn't understood at first that I needed to let the bar be filled before using it (I immediatley used it but saw no differences). After that, it is fun.

Detonator is ... not my thing. The only events where I can't get elite gold u_u

Eliminator is much more fun since it doesn't count only kills (it was annoying having damaed an opponent just to see someone else giving him the coup de grace. That way is the best !!!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Same with me Kyoto. Lots of Vista Pads in Eliminator