Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Fury Expansion Pack

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Paul, talk to us. hehe, I need some Booty.

PSN ID
    novide

Quote Originally Posted by NightArh View Post
    08/07/09 in Europe. See neighbour topic
    This is only the date from the news...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Yeah. Everything is so intricated in this world Now I see

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

damn, Paul was on the site a few minutes ago.... something has to go down soon (or up in our case hehe)

Asia update friday is our update thursday, so we should have it on 23rd.

PSN ID
    Nunalho

Is it possible to play a racebox tournament using tracks from fury+HD? And can we play the new modes on the old tracks?
    Last edited by Nunalho; 17th July 2009 at 08:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Yes. Yes.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Ridge Racer died after the first PSP game
    Fixed. Though it didn't necessarily "die" as much as Ridge Racer 6/7 (they're almost indentical to be honest) didn't live up to expectations. And that announcer, he just gets more and more annoying.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

That's exactly why the voices their volume was turned off on my psp within a few minutes of first hearing the start of that crap..

I'm glad WO games aren't announced like that

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    Fixed. Though it didn't necessarily "die" as much as Ridge Racer 6/7 (they're almost indentical to be honest) didn't live up to expectations. And that announcer, he just gets more and more annoying.
    PSP Ridge Racer's where awesome. Remix of all the old tracks from the PSX. I loved both 1 and 2 on the PSP, great games to add to the collection, great accompany game with Pulse. It was the unholy RR6 that crucified the entire Ridge Racer series. Ridge Racer 7 was just a soulless game when it came to release, just one, just one fuking track made this different from RR6. Route 765 did look awesome all rendered up on the PS3 though. I dont think there will be a Ridge Racer 8 at all, Namco Bandi has other intrests atm. I was hooked on Ridge Racer ever since its first one in the mid 90s. Im more a fan of Ridge Racer than Wipeout tbh Maybe i shouldnt of said that on a Wipeout enthusiast forum. .

PSN ID
    Rubbernuke

Default Price and release date

Just saw on PS3 news our favourite Wipeout chap Zico Liu announce the price and release date of Fury- its a nice $9.99 and is released 23 July.

And this is my first post- ace!!!

Also there is another WipeoutHD update so you get stats and other tweaks!
    Last edited by _Rubbernuke_; 18th July 2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Too excited to read the news report properly

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Watching the trailer through ps3 and looks bloody awesome!

stevie

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Hi Rubbernuke and welcome. You might want to post an introduction in the pilots lounge so we can all get to know you.

Not long to go now.... ill assume everyones going to be online Thursday evening then? Ive already told my girlfriend the TV is booked all Thursday night after work and Friday night as well so I can get acquainted with Fury! Ive been watching the few videos there are online and ive noticed the tracks look a little more claustrophobic than the ones weve got so far. Not saying thats a bad thing but that could make online games a bit more interesting when taking into account lag and people who use PA on online.
    Last edited by YouAreFubar; 18th July 2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Wanted to say hi to Rubbernuke but forgot to put it in my original post

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The videos you ,like most others have viewed,were taken at an angle,so they look narrower than I suspect they will actually be.

Think Venitea K width as the most probable track width at there narrowest.

As for the lag,well for the most part that has been addressed by the PSN 2.80 update,if you haven't got it yet I suggest you do [It wasn't a compulsory update,SCEE will announce when further compulsory updates occur,a new RULE apparently] but for the most part 2.80 makes HD online play very nearly like offline,which is great.

Don't forget the Tuesday HD update.5 pm UK time

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Good point. I think well just have to wait and see when its released. Ive already had the update and it has made lag a lot better. What I meant though is that all of the other ships on a course being rock solid if you happen to nudge (or ram) them, sorry should have explained that a little better. This would obviously be a bit of a pain if the courses are thinner on average than they are now. But like you said, the viewpoint could have affected this so it could be fine.

PSN ID
    JJohnEames

I just got the news, (i was away), not a bad thing to come home to. Roll on the 23rd!

Me thinks PSN will go into meltdown thursday night! lol

I am going to stick to single player for a few days...and get to learn some tracks

Anyone know if we get new music with Fury?

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Yes there are 6 new music tracks. Although it wouldn't matter either way for me, as I always use a custom soundtrack. I don't have a surround system to appreciate the 5.1 mixes anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by PLazarou View Post
    Yes there are 6 new music tracks. Although it wouldn't matter either way for me, as I always use a custom soundtrack. I don't have a surround system to appreciate the 5.1 mixes anyway.
    I'm not a fan of the kind of music WipEout games have either (that said, I loved the soundtrack of 2097), but every once in a while I ditch my prog rock collection in favour of the default set of songs, and their steadily pumping rythm (something you rarely find in progressive music) actually helps me concentrate more on the track, so they are much better for time trials and speed laps IMHO. That said, I rarely choose them, listening to music I love is paramount for me.

PSN ID
    PLazarou

Oh I have no problem with the default music, there's just not enough of it! My custom playlists usually include Cold Storage and other classic Wipeout tunes.

DragonForce works well too... but there's another thread about recommended tunes anyway...