Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: HD Fury Expansion Pack

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Default @DividedXZero

Precisely. In todays culture, casual gamers have no determination, maybe out of ignorance, laziness, not having the time or impatience, but people, forums and cultures like WipEoutZone are few and far between. In the vast majority of internet cultures, there are no proper gamers, just ones who come out with BS like what happened with Infaxsu. You never know, SL might have wanted us to be able to customize (But of course, I don't know).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Needs some colour palettes and logo pasting (import from hard drive?) like I remember from Armored Core (Love this game for the gameplay, I always enjoy a rent).
    At least that would be a start for skinning.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

WOW!

I havent been on the forums for a while, ive been pretty inspired with my music and have been getting on with that for the past few weeks. What news to come back to though! The dlc pack looks sweet, I cant wait for it to be released! The anticipation is going to kill me! Paul, thank you for sharing the news, its much appreciated!

@ mdhay: I agree with what your saying, a lot of gamers these days dont really like a challenge, they just want something that plays OK and looks pretty.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

excuse me for my absence in these days of great news but...

I WAS DEAD FROM SHOCK

i'm just wake up
    from a 2 days
    COMA

i cant believe it yet

bytheway soon i will post my thoughts and considerations

but foremost important:
    THANK U STUDIO LIVERPOOL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

Quote Originally Posted by DividedXZero View Post
    I believe the new crafts are just new designs of the current teams we have available. But there is suppose to be one more new "team". Just not sure it its actually a new team or just a new ship (specific to one of the new game modes).
    13 new crafts, One for each of the 12 teams, and the Detonator craft...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Default Worth gettin' a PSP, now ...

What a moment of ...

PURE EXCITEMENT

After a complete WipEout-free 3 weeks holidays , this news are quite a shock (in a positive way of course). Love being back!! Hate waiting for a undefined period of time until release =(

By total coincidence i just bought WipEout Pulse in Switzerland , PSP will be bought this week too , kinda felt this coming ??? Have to say it's a pretty clever sales-strategy to tie together WOHD and WO Pulse so closely ... Looking forward to many more exciting races online in both games!! Let the fury begin ... This will soooo boost the online community, me likey!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Ok , so, if each team is getting a new "craft" (ship model), shall we assume that each new model will have a few skins to unlock, as well? I hope!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

IF they were to put even a basic skin editor in I would gladly spend the time to make my AG systems not so boring.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

I also hope each new ship will have extra skins like the original crafts. Maybe even a chrome one?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i would absolutely love love LOVE a ship skin editor like pulse had...with better functionality of course. who knows...i bet there are some things they havent told us about the expansion yet O_O

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

We should have a skin editor like Forza 2 and 3 THAT would be sick.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default thoughts & observations upon fury pack

to follow my considetions about the expansion, with some questions ( WARNInG LOnG POST )

- what about the overal look of the new ship models? i'm pretty shocked in good by the work SL done,
    some ships are so vary and " unusual " but yet at same time very classic and very very wipeout.
    new models seems more futuristic, strangely built in layers and blocks, and more " naked ", very very industrial
    and advanced at same time...think up if it were to me i would design the ships always in same classic way, so to
    speak, find a way to keep happy the conservative people like me with the right amount of classic feeling in the design without
    fall into the repetive and boring, is just admirable KUDOS SL!

-some talking in details: what's up with canopies? seems very different and little compared to the "old models "
    also seems always built more or less same way ( not a rant just an observation )

-what's about the headlights? now seems every model get headlight on

the new models have to be considered prototypes/concept again or simple ship model B this time?

have new models their own set of skins/liveries?

there are 13 models but 12 teams, in the trailer you can see the " detonator ship " which is considered the 13th new model ok
    but you can see a new zone model, transparent,in the shots as well, so i'm prety confused... 13? 14? what's up?

with eliminator mode back we will get back the repulser and shuriken weapons as well?

what's that 180° spin thingy in the trailer? a new weapon?

the new menus layout will be swithcable through options or will be permanent? ( ironically the only thing i trully never
    been bored are the menus and the song loop , i know i'm crazy...)

NOW SOME THOUGHTS ON THE NEW MODELS, MODEL BY MODEL

piranha: what!!! i don't know if i'm more shocked or amused, a mix of both same time, what that layered thingy?
    sincerelly i'd never expected a design like this for piranha, the basic( old ) model is so smooth...that is a design i think
    would come out for tigron , would have fit better to such team, than piranha, who find it a little fusioneque?...however interesting, i like it 50/50 for now

icaras: uhm, i don't like it very much, but's ok... what is that " rally car round headlights " thing on the hull? that ruin the overall
    design, just my opinion...

goteki: fantastic , by far one on the best, but on a note...when goteki get orange among its team colours? btw one of best(
    even if i have the strange feeling that this design had steal what would have come out to be vanuber if it were included )

triakis: it's just me or it is the same pulse concept but with the 2nd pulse skin livery painted on, i like it

harimau: WTF!? two shades of orange, dirt white, with a new turquoise logo, on a design that is a mix of pulse ag-sys concept and old
    assegai! i like it!

feisar: way better than the old to me, i hope to get that perfect triangle geometry from a rear perspective, when you drive it

assegai: is that w3o reminescent ship you can see on the eliminator part of trailer? if yes, cool!

mirage: i haven't see it clearly, but from what i've seen it isn't the ubercool pulse concept design, pity, was my favourite.

eg-x : wtf? pink? i hope it's just the shield effect. i have to see it better but from what i've see seems very good

quirex: i have to see it better...

auricom: pretty good, i like it

ag-sys: no way to spot it yet, just hope somethin like w3o model or pulse concept...i never like very much the last wipeouts model,
    too fat assed...

THINGS THAT I'VE EXPECT AND ENDs UP IN DLC:

tech de ra
    the amphiseum
    modesto heights
    new menus layout+ music
    new licensed music
    eliminator mode
    more new options
    new ship models/ concepts
    new multiplayer online options
    new campaign
    new trophies

THINGS THAT I TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECTED:

TALON'S JUNCTION (!) wtf? what's so special in this track?! sincerelly my expetactions to get this track into dlc was lower than
    citta nuova, when colin himself told us clearly that it can't never happens

new modes : CCOOOOOOLLLL! WHAT A SURPRISE!

the only zone available tracks set

THING THAT I'VE EXPECT BUT DID NOT ENDS IN DLC:

staten park: i've to admit that i'm pretty surprised about that, i think it would be a must, since was stated by Colin as his favourite

blue ridge

VERTICA( NOOO! )

some tracks from the pulse dlc

van uber & tigron

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST & KUDOS AGAIN TO STUDIO LIVERPOOL
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 3rd June 2009 at 05:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

YES GIMME REPULSERS PLZ! One thing I did notice on the video is the absence of the anti-gravity drives (those blue circle thingies under the ships) I remember the Pulse concept ships were missing them also. It's a shame Vertica and Blue Ridge didn't make it in, but I'm glad there's no Citta Nuova (I swear that sign was put there to piss us off!). But hey, with all the other great stuff coming I can't really complain.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Fury Expansion Pack?

Detonator & Eliminator mode?

Zone Battle + Mallavol, Syncopia, Corridon 12, Pro Tozo?

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    zone battle: ProblemSolver, welcome to your online playground
    Which makes me question if I will ever see any of the new tracks under their
    standard texturing. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    Wow it's exactly what I had wished (and written here too)!!

- the online Zone mode I and ProblemSolver have been dreaming of ...
    Yeah right. I already had some ideas ready for a multiplayer ZONE but
    didn't talked about it. Lately, I also mentioned that some dedicated tracks
    for ZONE (alas Zone Battle) would be awesome. There it is! Well, nice to
    see that ZONE gets a bigger weight on WOHD.

I hope that the new Zone Battle mode plays out quite well. Given all the
    strategic elements etc. this can become a rather thrilling racing mode.
    Exactly what I'm looking for!

Have I told you guys that I luv (dat girl) the added voice samples you
    can here in Zone Battle? Fukkin awesome.

Finally, I hope we get that *beep, beep, beep* sound back in. I miss it like
    crazy! Without that sound half of the tension / thrill was gone for me.
    Some new color scheme would be very appreciated as well. Like always.

About the graphics.
    The lighting has improved (?). SL now uses a lot more (pre-baked) diffuse
    lighting from billboards etc. to illuminate parts of the track and surroundings.

look behind the AG-SYSTEM banner

diffuse lighting from the billboards

diffuse lighting down the half-pipe

Additionally, SL did also increased the HDR component to enhance the
    contrast and to give some objects an intensified glow.

As a side note: Would be rather nice if SL could implement some (mirror-)
    reflections as well. Yeah I know, rendering reflections are very expensive
    esp. if they have to be sharp. But given all these new polished surfaces
    makes them a ... necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimion Pinnock
    ... And whats more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this weeks E3 expo, so if youre lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out! ...
    I wasn't invited! Strange....

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Time spent playing WipEout HD > 400 hours
    That's worth a trophy.

I actually heard a rumor that there will be a default trophy for every
    PS3 game. One get it on playing for about 1000h. The trophy is called;
    Get a Life! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    ProblemSolver will play and own us online now!

indeed it was said, but i didn't see any reply from him!
    Be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    Shouldn't have said that... Problemsolver will now smite your record.
    I follow no interest in breaking Pulse ZONE records. Wait!!

Edit:
    @SL: You owe me two pants.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 6th June 2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: first link works again

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

ha! funny post!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Fury Expansion Pack?
    Hahahaha.

Forgot to mention the Semi-Transparent track floors. So awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    staten park: i've to admit that i'm pretty surprised about that,

blue ridge

VERTICA
    Why Talons Junction (set in God`s own country, but really a dull track ) and not one of these above, which all have a popular support? As Al said they may still have some desirable DLC up their sleeves. Don`t lose hope We might even yet get Burgertown to make Mad-Ice happy, but that`s probably a distant hope.

I agree with Problem Solver that the arrival of multiplayer Zone has been talked about for a long time and is fascinating. And it sounds a very deep and tactical experience which at crazy speeds will destroy brain cells faster than anything we`ve known before I suspect. The arrival of all new game modes is really going to widen appreciation for this game and bring in more players.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I hope KIGO get's a new ISP ADSL2+ connection.

Can you imagine the absolute tirade of obscenities that he would post if he suffers "VISTA weapon pads" during a online Eliminator tournament.

It would make the Angry German Kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA
    look like he eaten a bottle of Valium in comparison.

I shouldn't laugh,but I'm just picturing it now

Sorry, can't help it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Oh yes Burgertown! Also one of your favs. We almost started a Burgertown fan club Lunar.

With Talons Junction and Modesto Heights we have the first 3 tracks from Pure and from Pulse. So we just have to wait for Blue Ridge and Arc Prime to show up in HD.

I also do not understand why SL picked Talons Junction, maybe because it is an easy track? There are so much more tracks in Pulse that are better like; Fort Gale, Platinum Rush and Outpost7. But most of all I am dazzled why Staten Park from Pure is not included?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It makes you wonder what the selection process was when deciding which tracks to include.

If you look at the poll results done here you see that Talons had a vote of 5.
    One of the lowest of the lot.

Maybe if FURY is going to be a separate online entity [we don't know exactly how this DLC is going to be implemented with the current online,HD stuff yet], if at all.

Then it makes sense to have as close a match to Vineta K as possible,which I consider Talons to be.