Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast

Thread: HD Fury Expansion Pack

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I think the vista pads that people are experiencing in Eliminator races is related to the fact that I think you have to be closer to the pads to pick them up in Fury than in HD. I've noticed that many times during races, and it always happen when I don't hit the pad straight on but instead at the edge of the pad. Normally this would give you a pickup in HD, but for Fury this seems to have changed. Any official input on this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I had loads tonight aswell. Mostly flash speed, some rapier, both old and new tracks. Seemed to be the same pads each lap, and for some events it was as much as 4 or 5 pads per track! That leaves you only a few, and they are far between :/
    Last edited by okam; 27th July 2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: minor typo

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Whats with these eliminator sessions vista pads ive been told about? I experience zero, and i have the shiitiest internet connection on the planet.

So its only at Venom and Flash speed. Well the quick solution there is to race at Rapier or Phantom speed instead.

BTW people who have raced me online in eliminator mode. Does my ship appear laggy?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I had it at rapier aswell, but only did 2 or 3 races at that speed (nobody hosts them, and I cba to set it up and wait for people myself ).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I think the vista pads that people are experiencing in Eliminator races is related to the fact that I think you have to be closer to the pads to pick them up in Fury than in HD.
    In that case, people wouldn't hear the "bonus pickup sound" with nothing in the weapon slot.

I didn't play a lot online this week-end, but never experienced thoses problems.
    I always play in Phantom or Rapier if there aren't any event.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by Sch@dows View Post
    I admit that if you perform well, you will earn more points and get a higher rank faster, but i think you must keep getting good results if you want to keep your rank. Otherwise, the ranking system is meaningless.
    That's why i'm hoping to see a ranking system like the Street Fighter 4 one, where wining against stronger opponents give you a lot of point (and losing against weaker ones substract a lot).
    Actions during the game (destroying opponents, getting destroyed, getting out of the track, etc.) should also give/substract points.
    The Street Fighter 4 ranking system you're talking about is the old one (BP : Battle Points). Capcom noticed that some people disconnected before the end to avoid losing points. That's why they made a new Ranking System called GP (Grade Points) that always increase, it increases more when you beat a skilled fighter than a weak one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Yes my point was mainly based on the "old" ranking system.

But I don't think the Grade Points have something to do with the disconnection rate, otherwise it would have been simpler to add a penalty when you are disconnected during a match (like most of the online based games) whether is was intended or not.
    It is more likely that Battle points were not suited for the new Championship mode.

As for your explanation, it's not entirely true. Technically, anyone who plays long enough can eventually get enough Grade Points to advance to G1, but that's from here where the game will start penalizing players for losing matches.
    Loosing the 1st match will substract points (-10 if I remember correctly ... i didn't loose my 1st match in a while ^_~), but loosing in the following match will still give you a few points.
    If I remember correctly (I didn't win a championship in a while too n_n) only the championship winner get the cumulated points of his opponents.
    Last edited by Sch@dows; 27th July 2009 at 08:47 AM.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

@ Kigo, yes your ship does. In fact, when we played last night, most of the ships in room were laggy to some degree (probably because you were hosting). Often most of the people on the track looked like they were outside the track on corners caused by lag. This obviously made it difficult to try and kill them.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Yep, you were going all over the place, and seemed to be travelling too fast for me to shoot you. This is why I lost badly. Bad net connection. Definitely.

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Quote Originally Posted by Nunalho View Post
    That is my gripe, i already expressed it twice but it seems no one cares. Curious is it only happens with the new ships, if you use HD ships on the new tracks the sounds are ok and you only get the "tunnel sounds" once inside tunnels...
    Same here, it's absolutely CHRONIC and ruining the experience a bit for me - seriously.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreFubar View Post
    @ Kigo, yes your ship does. In fact, when we played last night, most of the ships in room were laggy to some degree (probably because you were hosting). Often most of the people on the track looked like they were outside the track on corners caused by lag. This obviously made it difficult to try and kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    Yep, you were going all over the place, and seemed to be travelling too fast for me to shoot you. This is why I lost badly. Bad net connection. Definitely.
    Bugger.

That sucks heaps.

Any Vista pads in the game though?

Cause i didnt experience any.

Crob you keep on parking your ship facing the inverse direction on Tech De Ra on the main straight there. XD. Good thing i always had rockets available at those moments in time. That room was crazy then, and stinkleroy was riding hot big time.

Ive gotta organize an Eliminator Session weekend,

What about this weekend, anybody interested? Itll be a casual event, no recording, no competition, just pride at stake.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Any Vista pads in the game though?
    Significant 'Vista' pads for me over the last couple of nights - I will ask Manjit about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I just completed a bunch of Online Eliminator races with loads of Vista Pads :\ My Internet connection is very stable and I haven't had problems like this before. Hope SL can fix them quicker than the old Vista Pads problem

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Count me in for 48 hours straight of eliminator

Screw racing, I just wanna blow people to bits (well, their ships at least).

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Guess it wasn't my connection huh (I wasn't sure I was uploading or not).

I did play some eliminator yesterday and it was fine, tho I was hosting...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Ive gotta organize an Eliminator Session weekend,

What about this weekend, anybody interested? Itll be a casual event, no recording, no competition, just pride at stake.
    is there a dedicated topic for this meeting ?
    If it is compatible with FR timezone, i would gladly tale part in this ^__^
    Last edited by Sch@dows; 29th July 2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: correction of words autocorrected by my iPhone (Thérèse <=> there)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Well yes, here is a few threads;

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=24

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6551

http://translate.google.com.au/trans...%3Den%26sa%3DG

and im working on one for the official playstation forums and gamefaqs as well.

K, here is another one;

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...read.id=148044

I will be doing new posts on other websites too,

Encouraging a larger audience into the Wipeout universe.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Had my first go on fury today.

enjoed it very much! phantom eliminator is great fun

Not too keen on fury ships retaining their high stats vs standard ones, seems like its making the original content annoyingly redundent, but well worth £8 in my book

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Fury Triakis rulz,

I love the spitfire face that the ship has.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    F3NRi5_u2w

Holy fuc|<ing sh!t. I just found out about the fury pack yesterday.

The new songs are just mind blowing...does anyone know the name
    of those including the artists. I couldn't find anything on the net or
    here in the forums...

Many thanks in advance!