Quote Originally Posted by AnErare View Post
While I do like the looks of the boost-select trick, I don't think this is what the programmers were trying to achieve.

You boost in the previous lap, cancel the lap with select, and then re-use the boost by boosting the turbo again in the next lap. Obviously the boost itself isn't canceled and you can recycle it in the lap though you just cancled it!

That tells me this was not what it was meant to be used for and is thus not a feature but actually a bug, which you guys of course exploit to this insane extent

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort but I do think it should be reworked and changed into something more plausible...

edit: I also think this trick needs it's own thread somewhere, I don't see any, because I think only a few elite pilots know about it and that just seems wrong to me..
First thing to know about this option is that the fact of doing consecutive boosts using select, DON'T MAKES YOU GOING FASTER !! what can makes you going faster is the ability of getting enough height to perform a br at the very begining of a lap.
My mate Pirahpac already shows this trick on his "pirapatch" video of ubermall several weeks ago, and i too, with my "vineta's new trick". This technique is known by all the video's viewers, and the access is public, no secret about it.
It's not a bug ! It's an ingenious use of a new option of the game only efficient on speedlaps.
IT REQUIRES ABILITY AND TRAINING !!
An average player WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO IMPROVE HIS TIMES without a serious training !
In counter strike the top players are able to perform headshots through the walls, it's a bug in the game but a very known trick wich requires skills and is allowed on the official contests.
In wipeout xl, it's possible to use some crazy high air shortcuts, it can also be considered as a bug but in my opinion the videos showing Asayyodah performing perfect laps are awesome and maybe one of the best entertainment stuff for the wipeout franchise.
We are trying to push the limit of the game further, and all the existing and FAIR tips are welcome (those wich requires ability). If pilots wants to compete on the rankings they better have to learn all the techniques, to find their owns or to simply give up.
And please mates, before sharing your conclusions on this, try it first on every track, it'll be more interesting to argue for or against if we all know what's this stuff is about