Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: boost-select-boost, things to know about it !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

He certainly knows how to get his monies worth out of a game,that's for sure.

I'm both looking forward & dreading at the same time what you two will get up to on the new tracks ,especially now you have 2 more weapons in your arsenal to get amazing times.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes Blackwiggle, trying to add new tricks on the actual strategies of those pulse/pure tracks will be very interesting and fun
    For the devs, here some links to see what the b-s-b trick looks like :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhcvU...eature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRm65...eature=channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTbxo...eature=channel

Many thanks for passing it on to the team, Colin. I hope they will somehow disallow the technique on the new pack, even if clearing it from records on existing tracks is not possible. Whatever they decide, at least a decision will be made and we will all have to live with it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

To remove it completely from the game is useless. It's sufficient to increase the time of recovering a boost when you already used the select option. In fact you press select, you have a boost, and from this point if you use the new boost you have to wait 2/3 seconds to recover a new one by pressing select.
    I'm really please with this option which allows to make each lap a good lap and everyone here too, no ?
    And if SL don't fix anything, no problem for me
    They already have more important things to fix, like vista pads, glitched rankings, and main accounts wich can't connect online
    Last edited by leungbok; 2nd June 2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: grammar

Good point I`m sure there are other ways to deal with it than getting rid of the select to cancel option completely. Personally I`d rank it as just as important as some other issues, but yes they are going to be busy! It would be good to know something about the glitched rankings too and whether this will ever be fixed.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Thanks for your interest, Colin !!
    And yes, Pirahpac is very ingenious
    thks mate! but u too really: this trick on flat road on ap rev is and thks colin for look this interesting thread !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

My idea is to put some kind of square volume around the track and code it so that when you are inside this volume, the select option does not work anymore. And of course place that volume on the start grid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Yeah, and then they can put magstrips everywhere so there's never another fun aerial trick to do ever again. Better yet, we could put one of those round things on every corner and just roll along the track...we'll call them.....cars. This is going to be so awesome

Nah, I'm obviously kidding. We all know cars suck by comparison (except maybe Kigo - he seems to like them for some reason), and HD does seem to offer a lot of aerial freedom compared to some WipEout games. But I think less restrictions generally equals more fun, so I hope there's little change on that side of things.

I'd like to see the select button work better in general though. It really just doesn't do it's job half the time, e.g. I don't seem to be able to do it at all while on the anulpha overpass. I don't think it's my controller as it's the same in that area every time. As soon as I drop off, it works. It seems to be the same in other places too, but I haven't payed enough attention to remember where.

Overall I think the feature should be left in. It does seem of benefit to speed lap as it generally makes it less of a pain in the arse. Whether they should come up with a way to prevent the b-s-b exploit I'm not personally sure. When the DLC arrives, I doubt anyone will be too bothered either way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I'd be for keeping this new (and welcome) addition, and at the same time getting rid of the B-S-B trick. Mind you, I just want to be a pain in the arse, because I'll never have time to get competitive on Speed Laps .
    As to your implementation idea, DD777, it seems that having to modify the game resources (as in opposite to just the game code) might be too much hassle. Just my two cents though, I don't have any better idea. But I'm sure the programmers at Studio Liverpool will, if they consider this needs fixing!