Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Random PSP questions and future developments

While it looks sexy as hell and i really do want one, it is more expensive than an xbox 360 and a wii, so i'll be waiting a while before even thinking about that one...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Havent seen a retail on it yet. Let alone a fixed AUD price at the moment.

What UK price have you seen it promoted for emerald dragoon?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

PSP-GO runs at 480Mhz, unlike the other PSP units that run at a max of 333Mhz.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/02/ps...than-original/

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

That's cool! Finally Pulse will run at full speed of 480MHz! Dreams, dreams...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I would like to see that 480Mhz on Pulse too, there would be no drop in the 60FPS for sure, gameplay would be sweet, but the fact is the CPU isnt going to do that for you, you need CFW or something to force it to 480Mhz, similar to as CFW forces the 1000.2000.3000 forces the CPU to 333Mhz. Would be sweet though in gameplay getting that sort of response.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I hope 6.0 or 7.0 versions of original sony firmware will do that real and my favourite game will run at max speed

sorry i didn't reply to you Kigo. i believe it is not fixed, but we're looking to be paying about £215 for a psp go....however the Uk market has shown very very little interest in the product. places advertising pre-orders have stated no pre-orders have been taken, when previously released hardware has always had fair pre-orders.

it will be interesting to see how it pans out as the Uk game market usually jumps straight onto new stuff like this.

perhaps the world is not ready (or maybe willing) to go to download only as Sony would like...

and the retailers...they can try and support this stuff, but if they encourage it, it enevitably leads to their downfall if this is the future. no physical product to sell / no pre-owned. I like digital for a lot of things...but games are expensive and i like seeing i actually own something that is expensive and not going to magically vanish one day when something b*&%ers up.
    Last edited by DawnFireDragoon; 5th July 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

people seem pretty iffy about it 16gb isnt alot of space, plus this thing would of been so much better if it had a camera and most importantly a SIM card input so you could use it as a phone.

Then this would sell. People are still pretty iffy about it.

"but games are expensive and i like seeing i actually own something that is expensive and not going to magically vanish one day when something b*&%ers up."

Exactly. If I pay for something, I want to OWN it, and keep it as long as I want to use it. Maybe even longer.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Also, i prefer a physical product over a digital file any day.

16gb is not a lot. if you can't sell old games on, to then get another game, you're gonna wanna keep what you pay for...thus owning a few games like final fantasy vii....which is over 1 gb...you'll soon fill that space, with games and music and suchlike...

so you have to buy the harware,
    buy games, which soon adds up as you can't trade (which brings up a huge point which is that gaming has become so big because, yes games and consoles are better, but pre-owned games stores are a big business right now, and have been for a couple of generations of consoles...removing that element could be very bad)
    and then you have to buy more memory anyway if you want to continue enjoying the product.

i'm very interested to see how this one pans out.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Remember that DRM on the PSN Store is not very restrictive, so you could delete the games you don't want to play and whenever you want to play them again you can download them once more.
    And you could also just back up these downloads to DVDs or a hard drive, and copy them back to your PSP and activate them again by logging on with the PSN account that purchased it to play them.
    And most games for PSP are under 1GB. You can probably fit 20 games on the internal memory alone, add a 16GB M2 stick and that's 40 games. To be honest I don't even have that many games for the PlayStation family of consoles alone...

those are some very good points, it's just not for me, i don't particularly want to re-download stuff or buy more memory!!!!

but for people who don't mind, it'll probably be a good buy. we shall see.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

As always size does matter New console will fit my jeans pocket better than slim. Is there any information about display installled to PSP GO?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It's a 3.8" screen instead of a 4.3", other than that I haven't heard anything. Probably the same characteristics as PSP-3000 (480x272 resolution, etc.)

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Touchscreen? how do you think?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Touchscreen in the PSP, would be great, when and if the console has the ability of any 3.5G Network standard phone out there, i want this console to become a mobile phone (or as the yanks call it, a "CELL" Phone). Up the SDD to 32GB from 16GB, then i would be a happy person, also having a 5.0 mp integrated camera in it would be great

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Another iPhone killer? It will be interesting if Sony will decide to implement SensMe technology to new firmware like in new Sony Ericsson phones... I am using it as mp3 player enough frequently

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive got a W890i Sony Ericsson Mobile, with a 4GB MS M2 Micro in it. Always good to have your best beats on you a all times But the XMB music setup in the PSP, is bloody great. One stupid problem is you have to insert, 01,02,03,04 etc, is in front of every single track, if you want it playing in order, since the stupid thing likes to organise music by alphabetical order, not by its track number.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I am glad Sony makes new advantages in their music devices! The way of choosing music must to be more intuitive because one's music collection is growing everyday and alphabetical way of music selection is not convenient especially as in PSP