Thread: Random PSP questions and future developments

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    PA7VTY_RA1D3R

Nice dude! Well I hope you enjoy it! Loads of music,movies,and pics! LOL

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I've had an 8Gb stick for a year and a half - cost me £90 at the time (about four million australian dollars!) and I've managed to get by with it nicely. Plenty of room for music, podcasts, and a handfull of episodes of my favourite shows.

Unfortunately my PSP 2000 has sat on my bedside table unused since I got my Nokia 5800 which, although one of the most disappointing phones I've ever owned in terms of software stability, has pretty much replaced all the functionality I got from my PSP.

Trouble was, although I love the functionality of the PSP I hate the ergonomics of it, so I'd rarely play games on it - it got most use gameplay-wise at the WipEout conventions. Aside from that I could seldom be bothered with the control compromise and loading times. When it's your main music player it's a pain to wait for a UMD game to re-boot at glacial pace each time you want to play a game instead.

I imagine the PSP Go! will improve upon that with regard to loading times, but there's no way they're redesigning the control layout in a hardware refresh and I can't motivate myself to play games on a single rubbish analogue nub. With my phone I get the music, video, and web browsing... but anywhere instead of just in a wireless zone.

I was proper a PSP evangelist as well - I have the camera and satnav attachments, but they'll really need to surprise me with the PSP Go! for me to pick one up again.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Default Wipeout Pulse DLC packs

Lol Rob. The Aus exchange rate with the Pound isnt as shiit as it once was. $2.00 AUD is about 1pound at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RA1D3R View Post
    Nice dude! Well I hope you enjoy it! Loads of music,movies,and pics! LOL
    Will do and have been doing

----

Wipeout Pulse DLC Packs

Said **** it earlier and did what i should of done last year. Download the Wipeout Pulse DLC packs, just did it about an hour ago now.

So now i got
    Auricom
    Harimau
    Icarus
    Mirage

And in tracks i have now
    Orcus White/Black
    Gemini Dam White/Black
    Edgewinter White/Black
    Vostok Reef White/Black

Just noticed the Icarus concept skin is the same as the same as the normal Icarus skin in Wipeout HD. Interesting hey

Tracks are quite nice, and most of them have great flow. The DLC packs in Pulse kinda remind me of all the indoor tracks DLC packs for Pure. Orcus is a fast track. Gemini is clever, reminds me of Vertica, but the right angled corners are chaos. Edgewinter is great, the black version has corners like Manor Top from Wipeout3. Vostok is visually amazing, an completely underwater track that reminds me of that huge underwater part of the track in Mandrashee Part 3 track in Fusion. That track would be ****ing amazing in 1080p in Wipeout HD.

Also just thinking the entire price ive paid for the 4 Pulse DLC packs, $27.30 AUD, is more than the bloody cost of Wipeout HD online on the store.

Some nice work done here i gotta say

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Well here it is an official link for the;

Playstation Portable 2

PSP2

PSP-4000

Whatever you call it, here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1FF8_0mAOA

PSP-GO it is called here. Looks pretty sweet. In built flash memory, bout fukin time i say.

I want one of these

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium View Post
    I'll stick with my PSP-2000 5.03M33.
    I'm already not using disks. (Backups for the win, I've never had my battery die on me)

I'm not to sure about the design either, I can't see myself playing WipEout for hours like I do on 2000 with my fingers reaching out so far for the airbrakes (triggers).
    Quoted from BU

My main beef is with the triggers. They're at the back of the screen, and the controls seem lower than on the current PSP. Currently I'm pressing the triggers with my index fingers, about two thirds away from the palm (If you see what I mean). With this I expect it will be the tip... Bad for WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Looks terrible to me. And doesn't have a built-in phone as I see. My 2000 is the best system ever. I don't regret 0.01% that I bought it. A pure multimedia system. The only thing that is missing for the ****ing perfection, is the phone. So, without phone, what's innovative here?...
    IMO, this prototype is ugly (when opened), analog feels somehow unappropriate...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I agree with archman absolutely. That gadget looks crappy

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Some new developments on the PSP system now. Like the PSP GO, which is 40% lighter and half the size of the 3000series unit. PSP GO takes M2 Micro Memory stick over Memory stick Duo on the older PSP units.

Some ****ing awesome games coming out on the PSP system like;

Gran Turismo
    Final Fantasy
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

and much much more..........

Gran Turismo PSP looks ****ing awesome;

800+ cars avaliable
    30 tracks avaliable + varients of these tracks
    60fps
    4 player online mode with Ad-hoc
    Avaliable both on PSP GO and 3000series

Looking forward to these releases. Damn good list coming out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

@ GT - Ad-Hoc...jesus christ, hear my prayers...wtf do I need AD FU***NG HOC for??...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

For any of you's that have not seen what the new Gran Turismo PSP looks like, here is a good example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIq-d...e=channel_page

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

KIGO, unfortunately, this really shows zero preview, not a single gameplay video, but I've seen a few screenshots on ign or some others. Not impressive at all. I hope REPortable will be good, and on UMD too.

GTP preview:
    http://psp.ign.com/dor/objects/68296...024625528.html
    http://psp.ign.com/dor/objects/68296...024637278.html

This is really ugly. Look at the Midnight Club: LA Remix.
    I hope this is not the final look. It's like something for PSX.
    Last edited by archman; 4th June 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

You should watch real gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5rBftQ1b0

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

This looks promising...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by archman View Post
    KIGO, unfortunately, this really shows zero preview, not a single gameplay video, but I've seen a few screenshots on ign or some others. Not impressive at all. I hope REPortable will be good, and on UMD too.
    Took me 3 ****ing hours to upload that video on my connection....

Heres a video of some guy actually playing the game, but he is a highly, extremly shtty player on Trial Mounatian with that GT-R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5vg6xEjYo

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Kay here some more gameplay footage of Gran Turismo on the PSP, but this time on the GO system. This player is much better than the other dude.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/PSUniverse/videos/360/

Good thing from what ive heard towards the end of that video, is that older PSP users (1000-3000series), which have UMD drives in them. All there UMD game collection can be transferred by an [unknown] device, to the internal storage on the next generation PSP units. How cool is that. Seems like this might be a good investment after all

this game is looking really good.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Who knows what does 805F0005 error mean? I get it when trying to log in into PSN with my new router. I have no troubles with an old one

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Go for the most simpe set up options from your PSP - auto auto auto all the way - the wep key - keep it simple - keep it numerical, delete the old connections settings to avoid unnecessary confusion for the interrupt requests your psp will be sending out for a fixed wifi connection

Try thewse things - I used to get that sill message - but ever since I followed these above mentioned guidelines - I've been ok - only sufferring DC's every so often - but no annoying error message which wont let me connect!

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I have configured all the settings in the right way. My internet connection works, I can surf with psp. I am getting this message when I try to log in into the PSN. That is all.
    ---
    It is very very strange because problem just dissapeared! I can undestand nothing what happened
    Last edited by Task; 1st December 2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Who out there actually intends to buy a PSP-GO?

Just checked the Australian Release date of this game, its October the 1st this year. Exactly 4 years and 1 month from the Lunch of the original PSP-1002 console.

More i look at the PSP-GO package, more i agree what an impressive system that it is.