Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout XL/2097 for ps3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Oh and wipeout Pulse on PS3 .. . ?
    Let me kill that one dead as well, Amazon have that wrong.
    Thanks for the info Colin! How about Pulse on PS2? Is that incorrect info aswell?

thanks for the information. what would be nice would just be analog moveiment for the ships though, since analog was in xl, albeit with a negcon. I know it's very unlikely though. Pulse on ps2 sounds very possible to me now, based on colin's comments, time to start another rumor

El Habib: One thing of note though. The PC version of XL was made to run on the mac, so they must have had the code to adjust certain things? maybe ? If it can run on a PC/mac, or a computer, it would seem possible to make it run on a Ps3 I think, and the good graphics as well. I don't know if they could add to the graphics or not though.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    ...what would be nice would just be analog movement for the ships though, since analog was in xl, albeit with a negcon. I know it's very unlikely though.
    +1 with this. Right now, only psp's can do analog, but there's an option for it, so I don't see why not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

[…]and the good graphics as well. I don't know if they could add to the graphics or not though.[…]
    I imagine that once they can modify the game, they could modify the polygons as well.

But they won't. Because a design-update takes time. Even though WOHD is based on Pure's and Pulse's tracks it took them months to reach the graphical experience we have now. You cannot simply place a building here and more details there. The graphical update would most likely take most of the time.

And once you update the design only, people are craving for more which would then end in a 2097HD. With more modes, more models and more options - to compete with WOHD.

And that's exactly the thing that won't happen, just like Colin said.

then what would be awesome would just be a conversion of the pc version instead of the ps1 version. It would be like a new game. Also, the PC version already has analog support, so there would be no need to add it. I know this is not going to happen, but here is wishing.

OH, there was multiplayer with the mac/pc version as well, lan I believe. Doh!! now I want it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

El Habib: One thing of note though. The PC version of XL was made to run on the mac, so they must have had the code to adjust certain things? maybe ? If it can run on a PC/mac, or a computer, it would seem possible to make it run on a Ps3 I think, and the good graphics as well. I don't know if they could add to the graphics or not though.
    AFAIK, the guys at SL stated some time ago that they had lost all the data for the old games, that's what I meant.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The game was released back in January 2002; the question is when they lost the code.
    And note that the game itself wasn't changed as far as I remember. For example: The added option to choose a higher resolution is outside the game; before you actually get in the game itself.
    Maybe that's an indication for the game itself not being changed (?).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

http://www.x-cult.org/ has a good community of members who are rather adept when it comes to programming... They reverse-engineered a number of older games to get the source code from them; there's a possibility someone there could accomplish something

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

to find back the old source code from Neggie as well ?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

Never!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    Thanks for the info Colin! How about Pulse on PS2? Is that incorrect info aswell?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

going on this sudden change from ps3 with a mock up ps3 box picture, to ps2 with no mock up...it would seem to be coming out on ps2 in a couple of weeks

cheeper here, uk shoppers!!!

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...e/Product.html

this is not on the same scale as madden, but I thought companies were about making money. This is not against colin and the guys making the game, since they are probably muzzled by the marketing dept

seriously here. There are two sites here saying june 12 release date. I would order immediately if I knew this was true. If it is true, this is complete bullshit that noone knows about it yet besides the stores, and the sony marketing department is ASS. If it is not coming out at this time, just ****ing tell us. Who the **** keeps their games secret, what a crock of ****. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. I have never seen this happen with other games. They might get delayed, but they tell you, not to mention that you actually know about them. Did you ever see EA just say, oh, you know what, madden is getting released next week, but let's not advertise or tell anyone about it. yes, this is not on the same scale as madden, but I thought companies were about making money.

I mean, angry rant aside, what the hell. What is the problem with just saying whether it is, or is not being released on the specified dates of two large stores? I don't understand what there is to hide, it's not like anyone is competing with hovercraft racing games. they have a monopoly ATM, so take advantage of it. Do you really want to sell a maximum of 2164 copies of the game?
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 27th May 2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: better clarification

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Al, see here.
    I will start a thread about this, because we are all asking this question. I believe our concerns to be fully justified. We are paying customers as well as fan, and both of these aspects of us hate being left in the dark.
    As you said, there is absolutely no reason for them to withhold information about published release dates on websites like amazon. Saying "Yes" or "No" to whether its correct is not a big deal, but it's a big deal when you don't say anything. You can't expect people to buy something that suddenly comes up without any warning. That's just wrong.
    What we want is not developer insight or special informations about the games, we only want to know what is going on. And what is going on right now? We have no idea. We know DLC is WIP for HD. We don't know what, when, where, how much. We know WipEout XL/2097 has been rated by the ESRB for release as a PS1 Classic. We don't know when, where, how much. We know Pulse is being ported to the PS2. We don't know when, where, how much.
    It should come to no surprise that there are so few WipEout players in the world, considering what we know, and what we don't know. Also, keep in mind that everything we know, still has yet to be confirmed by Sony. There hasn't been an announcement about DLC. There hasn't been an announcement about XL/2097 appearing on the PlayStation Store any time soon. There hasn't been an announcement about WipEout Pulse on PS2. How do you expect any good result then?

thread created
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 27th May 2009 at 06:30 AM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I picked up 2097 yesterday from a charity shop for £1.50 what a bargain!!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

You know whats the cool thing about 2097 is that its such a high benchmark game, and even today you get random people still talking about it over half a decade over its release.

I was talking to an old family friend of mine, he said you remember that awesome game back on the original Playstation that had all the Red Bull advertisements on it as well as that killer sound track on? 2097 is ****ing awesome, im looking forward to the opportunity to buy it off the PSN store in the near future, have it on my PS3 as well as my PSP. Awesome

Timezone
    GMT -5

Half decade? Double that.

Edit: gawd im gettin old. XL/2097 release date Sept 1996. I wasnt even driving then.. Zomg!
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 27th May 2009 at 10:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Sorry ****ing typo there.

I was ment to mean, nearly a decade and a half. Damn miss the 90s so much This decade was so crap.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Word, miss those days.

i agree with what JABBERJAW said above and Darkdrium's thread is very interesting. something is very wrong with sony marketing this generation. so called 'smaller games' need promoting too. see any xbox live arcade game for example, promoted well. sell well.

just to confirm JABBERJAW's comments on the multiple site's thing here's a third site stating the same release date!!!:

http://www.game.co.uk/PS2/Racing/~r3...WipEout-Pulse/

someone needs to say yes this game is coming, get fans excited and people with ps2's interested. i can't believe anyone is waiting to announce this one at E3, one week before it's release. HD content, yes. pulse ps2...no thats just stupid beyond beleif.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

There are two sites here saying june 12 release date. I would order immediately if I knew this was true. If it is true,
    It should be about right or just right.

this is complete bullshit that noone knows about it yet besides the stores, and the sony marketing department is ASS.
    Yes and yes. People know, but since Sony keeps delaying games without explanation who still gives a .... until it's actually f...... out?

And about D777's long thread: Sony marketing is virtually non-existent. It's not just WipEout. What else can you say.

I have never seen this happen with other games.
    I think I have, actually. IIRC.

Ben