Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout XL/2097 for ps3

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

OK. Where is the article? Has anyone linked to it in this thread? I can't see any price details in the one linked to in the first post.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

http://au.ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14346729.html

If you look closely before the page loads entirely it says MSRP: $27.99.

I feel inclined to just wait until E3, but ****, that's a long way away.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

OK. Well I'll just have to take you guys' words for it. I can't find a price anywhere on that page. Even turned ad-block off and searched the whole page for "msrp", "28", and "$". I got nothing - how strange.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It's like it disappears once the page is fully loaded as if they don't want you to see it...whatever.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Hmm this sounds good, but I'd prefer a good DLC (new tracks) + some fixes,
    than another, probably inferior game (the gameplay has evolved and I think
    Wipeout HD gameplay is better than any previous wipeout).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Resolved link

Now it will show the price and date correctly.

i think this thread is the perfect example of their needing to be better communication with fans. for example.

1. the so-called official wipeout site's 'latest news' advertising the fact the wipeout pulse packs are now available.

this is not the latest wipeout news in the slightest, is incorrect and also taunting those who have not been given the oportunity to purchase this promised content.

2. despite various sources giving us info on the apparent release of wipeout 2097 on psn, wipeout pulse on ps2, wipeout pulse on ps3 and now wipeout 2097 on ps3...sony or studio liverpool have not even clarified things.

i think they need a weekly/monthly update or something. i would suggest the official site, but it is a bit of a joke.

maybe studio liverpool could request of infoxicated a weekly/monthly thread, that only they could post in...to keep fans apraised of studio activity. Would Sony or Studio Liverpool's top peeps have anything against that, if the information was offical, correct and controlled to protect themselves and/or any of their products been represented!?

just a thought.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    We KNOW that SL lost the track data of the old wipEout games! How in the world are they gonna HDify 2097 without the code?!
    I don't know how far reverse-engeneering goes on the PS1, but I can imagine to at least get back the polygons of the tracks, meaning there's a chance that at least tracks can be re-constructed based on their original code.

Nonetheless: I fully agree with those who doubt an 2097-HD. I simply cannot see it happen.
    It's probably just like WO1 in the Store; simply a 1:1 port with wrong price tag.

whatever the case, i hope someone from Studio liverpool clears things up about this and the supposed pulse port.

or Sony pull their finger out and take advantage of E3 in a few weeks and put things straight!

First I have heard of it.

I can state 100% no work is being done on this, so its 100% likely just the old psone ver appearing on the store. Ergo no 15player online or whatever else you might think

I'm just gonna post that AGAIN in case anyone wants to quote me wrongly..

I can state 100% no work is being done on this, so its 100% likely just the old psone ver appearing on the store. Ergo no 15player online or whatever else you might think

Of course, I could be wrong, there could be a whole room of people on a secret floor of a secret building making this...
    But there isnt

Turn your excitement factor down a notch, its just the Ps3 compatible dload release of the Psone ver.

Edit
    Oh and wipeout Pulse on PS3 .. . ?
    Let me kill that one dead as well, Amazon have that wrong.
    Last edited by Colin Berry; 17th May 2009 at 11:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Unfortunately, Studio Liverpool =/= Working Designs as far as audience and fan communication.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

lol pwnt

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Thanks for clearing it up Colin, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    Unfortunately, Studio Liverpool =/= Working Designs as far as audience and fan communication.
    Well to be honest we arent really supposed to say anything, thats down to SONY EUROPE MARKETING, not the Studio Liverpool DEV TEAM. Its not our job, indeed we have to be very careful to not cross a line.
    Still, we kind of go a little against what we are supposed to do, and people like myself, crob, paul etc post things up when we feel we can and when we feel its worth it, though each time we do, we run the risk of fan backlash or indeed pissing someone off internally.

Its no more the job of studio liverpool to keep the fans updated, than it would be for a factory worker of Pepsi, to tell people about new and exciting sugar free caffeine free pepsi free cans of pepsi.

edit
    I'll add to that and say, that press releases, information to fans about games / dlc, etc etc, is planned and handled particular ways for a reason.
    That is why they have press days, and E3s and the like. You cant necessarily expect a company to make announcements via a fansite, ok I am 100% sure someone can find an example where that is done, but it is not the norm.
    Lets take for example the DLC pack for HD, its being worked on, it is coming. When ? When its ready. What is it ? There will be a planned announcement of its contents closer to release to build talk about it. Once its been announced then members of the team can talk more freely about it, but until then they cant.
    Last edited by Colin Berry; 17th May 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

any communication is welcome... it adds a more "real" atmosphere to the development process. Shame the bureaucratic bullsh** of most companies tries to tone that down :/

Timezone
    GMT -5

Colin - thanks for the honesty on the XL/2097 bit.

That said - I would totally throw down serious cake for a re-done XL/2097 in 1080p. I know how much $$$ it would cost, and how difficult it would be without original source, ect...

Think 2097 is my favorite to date.... Never got to play W3SE - heard that was pretty epic as well. (SCEA has denied me the pleasure on that one)

To dream....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    lol pwnt
    Brilliant!

Thanks Colin, for the information. Now I can point newbies to this thread too and be crapped upon.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    Never got to play W3SE - heard that was pretty epic as well. (SCEA has denied me the pleasure on that one)
    Maybe that'll be the version of Wipeout 3 they'll add to PSN. I hope.

thankyou Colin!

that has cleared a lot up. Much appreciated.

You and the Studio Liverpool guys do a great job and it must be hard when you cannot talk to the fans about certain things...even if you want to.

We understand, and when you throw us the odd bit of news and clarification it is well recieved.

Again. Thankyou!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    That said - I would totally throw down serious cake for a re-done XL/2097 in 1080p. I know how much $$$ it would cost, and how difficult it would be without original source, ect...
    Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    Step right up folks! If this is indeed a remake, then watch as SL rapes every wonderful memory you have of the best entry in the Wipeout series!

- Craft with weight and momentum? Gone.
    - Non-penalizing wall-scraping? Gone.
    - Qirex in its rightful place as an AG powerhouse above Auricom? hahahaGone.
    I'd love to see XL in HD too, but unless the game is exactly the same other than the improved resolution, it might be a mighty disappointment. The closest anything can come would probably be having XL/2097 DLC tracks in WOHD, and just making their entire color-scheme/atmosphere/etc look just like it did in XL, except updated.