Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout XL/2097 for ps3

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Most likly yes,

1 Australian dollar is about 1.4-5 Euro. i think.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

at this time is clear if it is simple a psn addition of psx classic like wipeout1, or it is another HD completely re-make?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

for those who have never touched wipeout xl/2097, go pick it up for like 5 dollars on ebay for psx and play it on your ps3...even the original version of XL/2097 is better than HD 10+ years ago. WOHD couldnt dream of ever being as good as XL was back then. With that said id instantly drop WOHD garbage 1.4 for WOHD XL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

28 Australian dollars
    then that comes closer to 40€... +taxes = 50€ which is correct for a blue ray game in france (they are at 60-70€ for new games, but wipeout may be cheaper...)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

As I posted in another thread, if this is a HD remake of 2097, I'd fix bugs like no shields on Talon's Reach, get rid of shortcuts through solid objects (yeah, Arnaud is going to hate it), and Piranha has to be just awful in one area to make it fair.

That is, IF they're re-making the game instead of what will most likely happen, a digital re-issue of the PS1 original.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

or maybe make pirhana only available offline or if online all players must use it. shortcuts should stay ...i mean, HD has shortcuts as well, maybe not clipping though walls like woxl but they are there...and believe me, woxls shortcuts are much more difficult to pull off correctly than HDs, especially oddessa keys.

but RJ is right , it will probably be a re-release with nothing really new. the price is probably wrong...IF SL is still working on extra things for HD along with that 3d stuff too , it would be silly for them to split the community by releasing another new wipeout while still updating HD. WOHD would essentially die...especially for many of us here, who were raised on old school wipeouts such as 3/xl/2097.

If this is true please keep the following

1) scraping physics: It is great how it is, rewarding good driving. Do not make it like the newer games
    2) Do not Change the ships statistics: leave it alone please
    3) Keep physics as is
    4) Keep piranha as is. People don't need to choose it, it's that simple. Maybe a ship select screen for the host to disable that one ship. As many will tell you piranha vs piranha, is amazing racing
    5) Use the XL version, or a choice of either one. Either way though, they would run at 60 fps.

Things that would be ok to add

1)solid walls, but keep shortcuts if wall is not in the way. No damn wuss wagon for going one millimeter off course like in pure, or respawn. Actually, keep wuss wagon, but allow the nice shortcuts that don't cut through track walls. I'm fine with lot's of walls, but some skill shortcuts are very fun

2) Add a speed class, yes this game could be much faster, and still easily playable.

3)Add weapons to piranha, like wo64. IF there is going to be a supership, it might as well be a supership. Maybe that could be the choice for online SUPERSHIP: on/off.

4) Make sure there is analog support

5) Sensitivity adjustments for the analog control would be great (not talking about tilt here, but the actual sticks, this would help wheels as well.

COULD THIS BE THE 3D VERSION?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    As I posted in another thread, if this is a HD remake of 2097, I'd fix bugs like no shields on Talon's Reach, get rid of shortcuts through solid objects (yeah, Arnaud is going to hate it), and Piranha has to be just awful in one area to make it fair.
    how you are sure about that, i haven't read it anywhere, until someone from SL come here and say what it's going on i'm more willing to think on a simple psn reissue of 2097/XL like wipeout did, otherwise to me has no sense...and since i've already have my original copy from years...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    but RJ is right , it will probably be a re-release with nothing really new. the price is probably wrong...IF SL is still working on extra things for HD along with that 3d stuff too , it would be silly for them to split the community by releasing another new wipeout while still updating HD. WOHD would essentially die...especially for many of us here, who were raised on old school wipeouts such as 3/xl/2097.
    exatly, i can't understand why simple don't do this tracks to put in HD and make a huge game compilation instead to do 2 games splited a-part belong to the same series and released more or less same period of time...IT MAKES ZERO SENSE

Quote Originally Posted by Spece2goin View Post
    28 Australian dollars
    then that comes closer to 40€... +taxes = 50€ which is correct for a blue ray game in france (they are at 60-70€ for new games, but wipeout may be cheaper...)
    Just a correction here. It's around €15. What was WO HD? Is that comparable?

This news is coming from Australia. Was there a WO XL in Australia or was it 2097 like other pal territories? If there is a hint that this is actually related to 2097, I'd be pretty certain that it won't be a remake in any sort of real remake sense.

The main hurdle there would be the physics and I would be stunned if SL move away from their WO HD physics any time soon. People have been calling out for 2097 handling since, well, 2097. If they could or would do it, I think we'd have seen it by now. And 2097 physics would be entirely different to HD, so I think it would be a massive amount of work from scratch.

There also the tDR art issue but they could replace the logos and tDR design work I guess.

Just all sounds very doubtful to me.

Yet, if the price point is right, it's too expensive to be just the PS1 game.

If it does turn out to be 2097-related at all, then I'm guessing a WO HD type with classic tracks. But the classic tracks would likely be very altered, as they were with the classic tracks in Pure. They'd have to be to work with the HD handling.

But who knows? I certainly don't. I'd actually be surprised if this amounted to anything more than just add-on tracks for HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

This thread is a perfect example of how quickly a rumor can turn into wrong expectations.

People, think about it! We KNOW that SL lost the track data of the old wipEout games! How in the world are they gonna HDify 2097 without the code?! Also, as Dogg Thang mentioned, there are legal issues to consider as well.

Sorry to burst that wonderful sounding bubble of an HD 2097, but there's no way this is gonna happen...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

you just ruined my hopes and dreams of wipEout becoming excellent and godly again ...but yea your right habibinator...never happen, for many MANY reasons

ive only started A.G racing since the release of WOHD.im hooked! the wifes hooked! cant be bad taking WO back to the future's got to be good

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I don't know where people got the idea of WipEout XL in HD, however I'm still hoping for a release of XL on the PS1 Classics, at a reasonable price (Like, NOT 28$).

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Yeah, at maybe, say, nothing?
    (I want this game again so bad, and we all know what my mum would say to buying it).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    This thread is a perfect example of how quickly a rumor can turn into wrong expectations.

People, think about it! We KNOW that SL lost the track data of the old wipEout games! How in the world are they gonna HDify 2097 without the code?! Also, as Dogg Thang mentioned, there are legal issues to consider as well.

Sorry to burst that wonderful sounding bubble of an HD 2097, but there's no way this is gonna happen...
    yeah, indeed, remenber there's a supposed wipeout pulse for ps3 to come as well

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

That isn't likely to happen. At all.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Step right up folks! If this is indeed a remake, then watch as SL rapes every wonderful memory you have of the best entry in the Wipeout series!

- Craft with weight and momentum? Gone.
    - Non-penalizing wall-scraping? Gone.
    - Qirex in its rightful place as an AG powerhouse above Auricom? hahahaGone.

etc etc blah blah blah hatred for post 1999 wipeout games etc

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

But a Wipeout 2097 "HD Remix" is about as likely to happen as Cricket becoming the United States' most popular sport within the next year, and even if it were to happen, despite what you think Studio Liverpool aren't stupid enough to turn the game into "Wipeout HD 2097 Season Mod". Nick Burcombe won't allow it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Sorry if I'm being stupid. But where does the figure of $28 come from?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

An article posted on IGN Australia. Which is why I'm calling shenanigans on the "oh it's going to be a remake!" part, since Australia's inflation rates are much higher, if I'm correct (if I'm not, please point it out.)