Thread: Wipeout Noob. Any tips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 8

Default Wipeout Noob. Any tips?

I only played pure, pulse and hd. I bought hd a while ago but when i get to event 3 (if i'm not mistaken) i struggle. I admit that I SUCK in playing wipeout games. Please, PLEASE give me some tips in airbraking, etc in wipeout hd.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Welcome to the site - I would suggest searching if you have specific questions about certain tracks or challenges as the chances are questions have mostly been answered already on this forum. There are plenty of tips for specific tracks. There are videos to show you tricks that will help. There's a lot of information here, but search really is the first step.

If you don't have any specific questions yet then just turn pilot assist off, learn the tracks and practise. It's not an easy game. But you'll get there with perseverance.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Learning the tracks is the number 1 thing.

Racebox is the best for this,start with time trials and try to hit every speed pad.

If you think of each track as a sheet of music,each speed class as a different tempo.
    The music stays the same,but the tempo gets faster.
    It's like learning a guitar riff,air brakes are similar to string bends,side shifts are like hammer on's, barrel rolls are like using the tremolo arm.
    When you get fluent at the track/music, then you can put your own interpretation to it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Default Thanks!

"When you get fluent at the track/music, then you can put your own interpretation to it."

thanks to everyone that contributed. do you mean that i should be using the default soundtrack than my custom sound track?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

hey Andre, welcome to the zone. I've just a simple, dumb advice for you. Practice. Hours & days & months & years of it. So you should make a 300 mn custom soudtrack & keep playin & playin'. The more you'll play the more you'll rock.
    Try to get some ghosts from ELhabib ghost website, & watch some vids on youtube too, that could help you a lot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Andre - Blackwiggle was comparing the circuits (race tracks) in WipEout HD to learning a piece of music (music track). There are different ways to get round each circuit, e.g. shortcuts, barrel roll locations, choices between weapons pads and speed pads. Once you can get around a circuit without hitting walls all the time, then you can move on and look at them in more detail and find out what works best for you.

Rregarding the actual soundtrack to the game, just have whatever you music you like playing. It's completely up to you.

I imagine the simile was just lost in translation a little

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Nothing to do with soundtracks.
    Have what ever you want playing in the background.

The TRACKS [Anulpha Pass,Moa Therma etc] are the MUSIC the SPEED [ Venom ,Flash ,Rapier,Phantom] is the TEMPO.

Jesus, I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

You must be a drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Learning the tracks is the number 1 thing.

Racebox is the best for this,start with time trials and try to hit every speed pad.

If you think of each track as a sheet of music,each speed class as a different tempo.
    It's like learning a guitar riff,air brakes are similar to string bends,side shifts are like hammer on's, barrel rolls are like using the tremolo arm.
    When you get fluent at the track/music, then you can put your own interpretation to it.
    I love the way you've worded this Blackwiggle. Pure poetry!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Beautiful metaphor, mate. Never quite thought of it that way.