Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zone Zeus

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

lol xD

@sh1kamaru-:
    I've seen smoother runs even using L1/R1.

Yeah a high 80, low 90, is somehow possible. But let me tell you, doing a
    perfect lap even at zone 85 says nothing, unfortunately. In a split second you
    can loose 1/2 of your shield, as you already know. Concentration is key, which
    should be a prerequisite, but also some tactical things are rather important.
    Simply running as long as possible does not work if one relies on the score
    as well. Structuring a run is key. One key element is Checkpointing. My first
    checkpoint on Moa reads; 50 perfect zones in sequence, clear.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

that's what I usually do too, I usually don't finish a run if I did more than 2 mistakes before subsonic (I keep some margin as I know I can recover them), and I also hate finishing a run where I don't do at least 2 perfect laps on subsonic. Now that I'm more used to the whole mach1, I'll start doing the same. I continued just for the video, because my cam does not last long when recording videos and we had to see the fireworks for the 14th july (national fest in france )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Just wanna chime in in Sh1kamaru's defense saying that I think he exerts an incredible amount of concentration when you take into account the background noise and distraction created by the family and kids. I simply can't keep my craft away from the wall after subsonic if anyone's walking around in the room within my peripheral view (or - heavens forbid - walk across in front of the TV screen ) or makes too much noise, so for me it's a marvel how he held it together as well as he did.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

confession time :

Found the glitch, did the time and got the gold. I did stop after I got it, and got a new found respect for you guys. HOLY CRAP thats fast..... I got catapulted into a *cheat info* on the *cheat info*...boooom..dead. It looks great too, colours all inverted black...wow.

You guys really rock man, nerves of steal.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I finally did it.
    JUST
    Zone 75 - 50 perfect zones- with a score of 197792

Now I can officially post Transcendence.

I did it in cockpit mode using the L1 R1 air brakes ,seems I'm sucker for punishment.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 20th July 2009 at 08:20 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Congrats blackwiggle!

I'm still 19 zones off, but at least I reach Subsonic pretty consistently now. Super Zen is killing me though...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

MACH 1 was my constant undoing.

I'd have 100% shields at zone 60 so many times and the colour change of the track at MACH 1 just threw me every time.

Except the last time.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Congrats Blackwiggle. I know you weren't a huge fan of teh "zone" so an excellent achievement.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by sny View Post
    Just wanna chime in in Sh1kamaru's defense saying that I think he ...
    But that's not the way to motivate one to go for the top.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Got a higher score today, but less Zones after accidently BR'ing twice in Supersonic.

81/59 this time compared to 86/51 before. I still want to get to 90 tho...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Default which is better?

this is something i thought about when waking up today. i tried all the new zone tracks, got the "pure four trophy" or whatever its called on first attempt. but i noticed one track in particular. syncopia. i didnt hit the wall once until zone 30 ( fell off the track two times though but i think that was more because of it beeing a new track.) also i reached super zen on first attempt. this is something that i never done on any other track, and therefore i would recon it beeing an even better track for getting zone zeus than anulpha ( and better yet no glitch infested leaderboards).
    EDIT: also i was tired from staying up all night playing fury so seems like i have a fair chance with enough stamina my current AP record is 65 btw

so my question is this, is syncopia a better track for obtaining ZZ than AP forward?
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 26th July 2009 at 04:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    this is something i thought about when waking up today. i tried all the new zone tracks, got the "pure four trophy" or whatever its called on first attempt. but i noticed one track in particular. syncopia. i didnt hit the wall once until zone 30 ( fell off the track two times though but i think that was more because of it beeing a new track.) also i reached super zen on first attempt. this is something that i never done on any other track, and therefore i would recon it beeing an even better track for getting zone zeus than anulpha ( and better yet no glitch infested leaderboards).
    EDIT: also i was tired from staying up all night playing fury so seems like i have a fair chance with enough stamina my current AP record is 65 btw

so my question is this, is syncopia a better track for obtaining ZZ than AP forward?
    don't know about this one but for mallavol it is clearly easier yes ! (and you could be the first one to get zeus on it

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Syncopia is a very valid alternative to Anulpha Pass, I managed Zone 73 on my first try.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I found a little trick that definitely helped me focus when racing zone tracks. Notice how the track sync with the music? I found that when the whole track is pulsing to the beat I get easily distracted. Turning down the volume to 0% doesn't help, so this is what I did;

I made a 8 minute mp3 with just pure silence, copied it to my ps3 and imported it into a empty playlist. Then I just put the playlist on as my custom playlist. And from there on you have a solid non-pulsing track with no distractions

I still haven't gotten the Zone Zeus trophy, but I haven't really put an effort into it yet. I had a couple of goes at this Syncopia track but the highest I have managed is 70 atm :\
    Last edited by NeilSmith; 28th July 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

I contemplated doing the same as you, NeilSmith, but decided against it. I wanted to get Zone Zeus the proper way, and that means surviving through the hellish dots of Mach 1. In the end I think I'm more satisfied having done it without the silent track and catching a glimpse of the beauty of Supersonic. that is still the biggest "OMG" moment WipEout HD has given me, so I wouldn't spoil it by utilizing "tricks".

Speaking of the Supersonic colour scheme, Fury actually kind of robbed people of the satisfaction you get when reaching zone 75 on a track, since now you can experience it in a sufficiently long Zone Battle. Just using zone boost a couple of times eventually gives you the metallic black-white beauty that would otherwise only be a reward for those keeping their act together for 12.5 agonizingly long minutes. So I'm not going to do Zone Battles on AP until I reach 75 once again in a normal old-fashioned Zone run, this time with enough shield left to marvel some more at the colours.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Booyah, finally got Zone Zeus today Although I can improve my score a lot I just haven't bothered playing too much Zone Mode yet. Was still a nice feeling getting that last trophy and completing my collection of HD and Fury trophies

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

Quote Originally Posted by sny View Post

Speaking of the Supersonic colour scheme, Fury actually kind of robbed people of the satisfaction you get when reaching zone 75 on a track, since now you can experience it in a sufficiently long Zone Battle. Just using zone boost a couple of times eventually gives you the metallic black-white beauty that would otherwise only be a reward for those keeping their act together for 12.5 agonizingly long minutes. So I'm not going to do Zone Battles on AP until I reach 75 once again in a normal old-fashioned Zone run, this time with enough shield left to marvel some more at the colours.
    seeing the supersonic zone going any slower than supersonic isnt nearly as impressive. its something that you can only appreciate going the proper speed

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Yeah... I hadn't seen Supersonic until I played AP reverse and it started with what I thought was the final colour scheme (was Mach 1, stupid me). Then I saw some guy get Zone 101 on YouTube and then I played Zone battle. So the suprise is kinda gone now, thanks alot Fury and 101 Man... 69 on Moa is still my brick wall. And by the way, why the hell can I get to 71 in the same track on Pulse? Could it be the lack of those insane colour changes?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    ... thanks alot Fury and 101 Man...
    I remember that Man pretty good. xD

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

when you do the HD reverse tracks now at supersonic it goes to the same colour as it does on the HD forward tracks.

I took a picture of the start finish line on AP as it looks totally different to how it used to. Theres like a brick wall effect that is quite distracting when you're not expecting it.
    Attached Images Attached Images