Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone Zeus

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    Hidden 2nd platinum trophy in the next all-new WO game (in addition to the platinum received for obtaining all trophies):

Problem Solved: Reach zone 125 on any track
    Oh my god please no ! xD not because of having to beat ProblemSolver but well, this would mean playing anulpha pass forward more ^^

But I'd be happy to see a trophy called Labours of Hercules where you'd have to reach subsonic on each track (with the 4 more tracks in WOHD Fury this would mean 12 tracks )

I got to zone 30, it's really hard.only 40 left to do.should have it done a day before the olympics starts.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

45 to be pedantic

practice on either Anulpha pass course and you should improve with time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@Reezy: omg xD

@sh1kamaru-: Now that they have valuable information from ZONE leaderboards
    (ratios and stuff), they could craft some serious ZONE trophies. A trophy like
    'Reach Zone XYZ' would be pretty, well, lame?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Dear Reezy - that would be the movie D.A.R.Y.L. another installment of 80s awesomeness.

And Problem Solver - while I still believe you ARE a machine, I am determined to reach Zone 100 before Fury is released.

There, I said it - time to put the $ where it counts.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Just did zone 70, only 5 more...
    Mach-1 is a total PITA, it's black and all those white dots on the track confuse me. I enter it with about 80% and then blow up 5 zones later

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

For all those people struggling with the colour scheme of mach1 do rev AP. Much nicer colours in general on the reverse (mach1 is venom - light blue, subsonic is that nice green). Just a shame Supersonic is a bit lame in comparison to the forward but its a lot easier on the reverse and you don't have to worry about getting on the bridge. Give it 2 or 3 goes and see what you think.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

It's not the bridge that cracks me up. On reverse I have massive problems with the last right bend and the exit of the first chicane before it goes uphill

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@ I H 8 Y O U :
    i c a n t s p e a k a b o u t d . a . r . y . l . . . . a l l y o u k n o w i s w r o n g

All that we 'know' may or may not be true, but we can never be certain of what is what.

Or where.

Or when.

That's why life is fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

After failing around the 50's in reverse I went and did forward again. Heh, that tip worked. Not the way you might have expected it to work, but it helped

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@ l a n c e
    b u t i k n o w b e t t e r
    s o r r y d u d e

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sny83

Quote Originally Posted by zeeZ View Post
    It's not the bridge that cracks me up. On reverse I have massive problems with the last right bend and the exit of the first chicane before it goes uphill
    One change that helped me immensely on forward was straightening out my racing line going into the narrow section following the straight section with three speed pads in a diagonal line. I used to go too far towards the right which would set me up for a bad racing line in the tough double corner to follow (or worse yet, cause my ship to bounce around in the narrow section), but after trying to hug the left wall instead, I took a lot less damage even at zones 60+...

I'm up to zone 73 now, only 18 seconds left to go... but my eyes can hardly keep up with what's going on.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

yeah only 10 zones left for zeus on moa but I stayed the whole mach 1 with low energy

I think playing wipeout pulse helps a lot as zone mode is very different in pulse. the craft can't take the curves as easily as the HD craft, even with airbrakes

I just can't seem to recover quickly enough when I start wallbangs that's horrible

[EDIT] only 7 left hehe it will happen soon perhaps

[EDIT] 72 ! I'm coming closer ! I managed to do 2 perfect laps in a row but there's a part that really annoys me : before the second mag track there's a little chicane, at low speed you can simply go straight but on higher speed it's really hard to take a straight line on this. This is where I screw most of my attempts. I found out that I manage to take it better when I take larger curves on the three curves before, gives me more time to prepare for it but well, would be glad to know your technique for this one
    Last edited by sh1kamaru-; 13th July 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

finally !
    http://shikamaru.fr/images/zeus_moa.jpg

I did 2 75 runs in a row, did the second because it was not my top score ^^

10 zones at this speed is really insane
    Last edited by Lance; 14th July 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Over filesize limit image converted to link. Read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Mate reduce your picture size if you can, work out how before the mods see it

My only ever negative rep was because I wasn't able to sort it in time.[even requested removal beforehand]....no doing, neg rep for you/me.

Still PO with that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sh1kamaru-

oh sorry I reduced to 800 pixels assuming it won't disturb people :/

Still PO with that.
    what does that mean? :s (google tells me post office but well...)

Default Mod message.

There's no need to radically reduce the filesize if it's linked rather than displayed. Also, it isn't the number of pixels that matters, it's the filesize in KiloBytes. [Preferably not MEGAbytes. ]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

@sh1kamaru-: Zone 75 on Moa? That's already a very good result. Welcome
    up there! It's such a special feeling to run SUPERSONIC on Moa, heh?

Beyond zone 80 the intensity becomes so high that one suddenly feels all
    alone -- only the track, the score, and you. Your brain, your whole body,
    will be reduced to the maximum.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

You good at Zone PB cause you are the lucky few of people in the world that can enjoy the proper road infrastructure of the Autobahn. 300kmh no probs. Here there is so much space but the laws along with the crappy roads just dont allow it. Here in the state 100km east of perth a motoring journalist was doing 230kmh, in the middle of no where, and the cops still had a sad. Your lucky you have roads like that over there PB, lucky man