Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: V1.40 tomorrow!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

It was overall a bit laggy yesterday, possibly due to all the players wanting to check out the patch. The microfreezes are gone which is a blessing, but for the first time yesterday I experienced multiple "Vista pads", even with a room full of europeans (ie in the same zone). It seemed to get worse while I was hosting, maybe it get's tired of the same host

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Since the update I have been suffering from "vista" pads even more than before. Also 2-3 second delays on weapons showing up. The glitches have gone but I wasn't suffering too much from those.

I also had some bizarre experiences last night of going through mines and not being hit, of being shunted into mines despite no-one being near me and not always being to do BRs.

Will give it another try today as it could have been due to the busyness of the servers last night

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

The game is better overall, with microfreezes gone, BRs are easier to execute
    than 1.30, but harder than 1.26. I don't mind bombs and mines staying on the
    track, at least you get better at dodging and shooting obstacles, so I like
    very much

I think we all agree that 1.40 is a very welcomed improvement, but we'd like
    a 1.41 that fixes the BR during offline/online races (work fine in SL / TT here).

Vista pads are slightly annoying, but I can live with them!

Hi everyone,

Glad you're all enjoying stall-free races. I was online myself, along with some other members of the team, last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. I played against one or two of you but you're all much better at it than me.

Can I just take a second to assure you that we are continually working to improve WipEout HD and some of your concerns are genuine and we ARE looking into them. Barrel rolls for example, I can confirm is an area we think we can make some improvement. I'll try to keep you updated on this and other improvements we plan to make.

However, some issues are, unfortunately, simply down to internet lag.

One thing I forgot to mention on Tuesday was that we have done a little work to rectify a small issue with mines. Since V1.30, if a player dropped mines they would persist for twice as long on everyone else's machine as their own. This was fixed for V1.40 so now they last the same amount of time for every player. So you should see mines timing out correctly which should be easing the number of mines you were seeing clogging up the track. The V1.30 mines error was an oversight but I can assure you that nothing else has changed in terms of the weaponry since V1.26. To reiterate- the ONLY fixes in V1.40 are the stutter when someone joins a race/spectates and the mines timing issue.

Thanks,

Paul.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

AWESOME! Thanks for the Great Reply Paul!

IM completley satisfied with the customer service that has has been brought from SL on these issues. Thank you very much! Its great to know that I wont be having to worry about flying off course when I fly off the Apex of Chengou due to a micro Freeze.

The only thing I have a single complaint about is the Uber Rockets in this game They seem to have been pumped up Considerably since 1.2 and Are a Somewhat minor issue (I guess the solution is to not get hit) but I know a few people are stressed about it.

Thanks again Paul! The Customer Service is greatly appreciated!

PSN ID
    FatScarf

Much love paul ^-^

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Thanks Paul, great job with the update! The retiming of the mines counts a lot towards a fair challenge on tracks.
    Also I wanted to say that this way of communicating with the fanbase is highly appreciated and is something that SCEE better would make their habit too.

Thumbs up for a stutter-free gameplay

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Tweedle View Post
    the ONLY fixes in V1.40 are the stutter when someone joins a race/spectates and the mines timing issue.
    And from the few couple of hours I played last night, it certainly seems to work
    No micro-freezes at all. And, although it´s harder to be objective about, the mine-problem felt to be much more under control. Didn´t encounter the "Hello again, my deadly friend"-scenario - aka seeing the exact same mine on lap 3 and 4.
    Big thanks for the info - much appreciated!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    The only thing I have a single complaint about is the Uber Rockets in this game
    Yes indeed. I have my doubts that nothing BUT the mines were changed in 1.30...
    Rockets and Leech Beam. They work exactly the same offline as online. They both slow you down much more (Rockets it's just too much). And there is no such thing as lag offline.
    Someone hasn't been talking to you Paul I'm afraid.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Thank you for keeping us updated Paul, it's nice to hear that our concerns are being heard.

I do have to agree with the people who are saying rockets are ridiculously powerful these days...and also weapon randomisation...hmmmm well I was racing last night and I watched the person in front of me drop a set of mines, then a bomb, then another bomb, then more mines....luckily I managed to avoid them all but really - not very random IMO.

I have witnessed this time and time again and experienced pick ups like this myself. This does not make a fair or enjoyable game for anyone

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Someone from SL (Colin perhaps?) has already confirmed that rockets and leech beam have been tweaked as of 1.30.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgofier View Post
    Someone from SL (Colin perhaps?) has already confirmed that rockets and leech beam have been tweaked as of 1.30.
    I'd be very interested in seeing that post if you can find it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

So hows the work on Pulse for PS2/PS3 going Paul??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Noone has confirmed that the rocket and leechbeam have been changed with 1.3, but still the change was very obvious. Rockets have way more stopping power than before, and the leech beam now considerably slows down the leeched ship (it barely did before 1.3).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

sorry, double post

I wish walls would slow you down more, and weapons less, since walls are in the pilots control. Weapons should be more of a energy management thing, instead of management, and coming to a near complete stop hitting a mine field. The damage I think is too much, but could live with it if it didn't stop the ship near full, for the double whammy. I also wish a turbo would pull you away from the leach beam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Thanks a lot Paul, I must say I'm overly impressed by the support SL is offering;
    communicating with the fans is the best way to improve the game and I think
    you've made me a forever fan now
    !!

GREAT news that you're working on Barrel Rolls!

I have no idea how it works, but my guess is that some command input is not
    always registered, so the LRL combination would be broken ... I say it because
    I also noticed some other input issues (like I want to use an item and it doesn't
    use it).

You know, people here are complaining (including me)... but that's because
    the game is sooo close to perfection!
    So here are a few more details, in case you get bored in the office :

- please make the game always warn you when a QUAKE comes, even if
    the voice is already busy saying something like "perfect lap", "last lap"...
    - show non-running games on top, and in another color as running games
    - please decrease the energy loss due to collision with other ships
    - please re-add the beep beep beep beep in Zone mode when you're about
    to die, at least make it an option somewhere
    - would be nice to be able to use the right stick to STEER, right now,
    left-handeds are advantaged, this would be very useful in Zone especially

Thanks a lot!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Im sorry to keep winging about it, but ship collision needs fixing. Getting bashed off track by AGs makes me go

As for the leech, i quite like how it slows you down, to be honest i miss the shocks it gave you in pure/pulse.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Default Thank You!

Mr. Tweedle,

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us posted on all things WOHD. It certainly makes your hardcore fans feel special. The changes brought about in 1.40 are fantastic and certainly made my gaming experience more enjoyable last night...very happy to hear that you're aware of and working on the barrel roll issue too!

It's been mentioned that no changes were made to any of the weaponry, though most of the pilots here feel there certainly has been changes. I think I can safely speak for most when I say that, since 1.30, rockets do more damage and pretty much grind you to a halt (don't like it), while the leech beam slows down the leeched craft more than it ever did before (like it). Lastly, while the mines timing issue may have been resolved (yay!), the frequency in which you get them from weapon pads (bombs too) still seems much higher than it ever was in 1.26. All I can say is that I never experienced an encounter with 3 full strips of mines (or several bombs) bunched closely together on a track pre-1.30, but that type of thing is a regular occurrence now.

Again, thanks a ton for keeping us informed, for the 1.40 improvements, and for all future improvements (and DLC ) !

Jason
    A.K.A LOUDandPROUD

PSN ID
    JJohnEames

Just updated today and im pleased so far . I would also like to thank Paul and Colin for keeping us up to date. I argee with LandP, makes me feel special