Connavar

Just did 4 races, BR works 100% and 0 freezes
    This is officially the best game ever now

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

OK ... I finally got the update.

I think some of the problems people are complaining about are due to lag ... particularly the weapons pad. There may no fix for that ... short of a peer to peer arrangement were the PS3 can be locally networked together ... which would be nice ... for say ... tournaments and such.

Synchronizing races all over the globe will always be a bit tricky.

Barrel rolls ... I dont know. Positional updates should not effect that.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TorquedSoul

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    Just did 4 races, BR works 100% and 0 freezes
    This is officially the best game ever now
    I just downloaded the update a couple minutes ago ... I was still having problems with barrels before it ... it would be nice to see that fixed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I agree with IH8YOU - more feedback would be good. If there are issues, which there clearly are/were then addressing them would be nice. After all, this is a product we've paid for and in some ways could be considered damaged by the original vendor. I think it was in the complaints thread where we got the last piece of feedback which was essentially a big shrug in our general direction.

The freezes were actually less of a bother for me as the invite only setting tended to work, and I've mainly been online for doubles matches recently. But in general I'd say it was one of the biggest issues so it's great if it is now fixed.

If there are fixes on the way for broken ghosts offline, locked out accounts, the "eliminator mode" bug, everlasting mines, people starting races with weapons, duplicates of pilots' ships appearing in races, etc, then it would be cool to know about them.

Not that it makes a difference, but the corrupted ghost issue would be the one I'd like to see fixed next.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Did ~10 races and the stutter's gone - some people joined during races and that did not have any effect on the fps. BR - I think it's still not working as it should be but that could also be a fault (incompetence) on my side. I also don't know of the everlasting - or too much mines - and/or bombs. Just raced w/ EGX and got stuck in the 2nd half of the field. There should be mines and bombs - and I use to pick them up. No complaints so far.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I dont know if its just me, but have AGS been made stupidly tough? Every time one crashes into me from behind; somehow it pushes me onto its roof.

No wonder every room is full of them.

As for lag though, good job fixing that!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i will be on sooner or later tonight, depending on if the skatepark is open...so i will be recording races tonight , possibly hosting so look out for me if you want a chance to be in a future video

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I am unhappy to say that the Sebenco Reverse exploit is still there...
    Paul, will it be fixed? Please answer.

PSN ID
    d4onps

I still can't connect, same message as before. So disheartening...

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Well it did what it said on the tin....no micro freezes to report here. But BR's are still hit and miss and weapons pads out etc. Mines, bombs and rockets as prevailant as ever but still a bit of a smoother flight...so at least thats something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I had a couple of freezes early on. The first one was in my first race after logging on and updating. The others were on the start, although I'm not sure why it happened. Sometimes it's if you leave the chatbox too late but it wasn't that this time. Anyway, there were none later on in the session so that's good. It definitely hasn't any other issues as far as I can tell, but it wasn't intended to so that's fine.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Looks like I was lucky, BR is still a problem :-/
    I'm having some trouble executing BR ... offline! (Single Races)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Well i'm just glad SL has been so attentive both to the game and the community. I've yet to DL the update, but hopefully it will be smoother flying from now on.

Thanks Paul and SL!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Connavar - it was exactly what you're experiencing which prompted me to delete Wipeout.

Online - a whole night of racing I was lagging 10+ seconds behind LAST PLACE in Flash rooms. Restarted, tried different rooms, ect... People would pull away from me like I wasn't pressing "X" (and I know about the sensitivity thing - it's set correctly) All over the place I was not getting whipped, I was getting destroyed.

Anyhow - as a sanity check, I did some SL and TT - even in those, I couldn't BR over 70% of the time - and I couldn't even get close to my average times - let alone best times.

So I deleted it all - downloaded Wipeout from PSN again (1.26) and I did NOT update. On my first attempt with Qirex (no longer have unlocked ships) I BEAT my all-time best TT on Sebenco Reverse. Ditto for Anulpha Pass, Ubermall.... On and on. ALL barrel rolls I could no longer pull off WORKED! Can't play online, because game isn't' up to date - but offline play is a complete polar shift for the better.

Going to continue to lurk here and see what you all uncover on 1.4 - I'll be playing 1.26 - and in a day or so, I'll update - so I can make a direct comparison from the "functional Wipeout" to the new one. Playing 1.3 - It got worse and worse - but I didn't notice it until I went back to 1.26 - and I'm not exaggerating - it's an entirely different game! It works - 100%.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Well that's strange as SL/TT work fine BR-wise, it's just single race + multiplayer.
    So I guess it has something to do with the race itself, not the lag.
    Still not having the freezes is a huge plus, congrats SL!

PSN ID
    FatScarf

IH8YOU why don't you get some of these issues, or maybe your whole version comparison experiment recorded, it'd help out SL a lot. Maybe certain issues people are having are rare and so the developers may find it hard to rectify them, so if anyone has problems and a camera handy it would be great to get some video evidence of these problems down.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've got video evidence of my problems with 1.3 -- so long as you don't mind a lot of swearing i the background.

Lol that would be same as me since the update!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Played for a couple of hours tonight and didn't experience a single glitch/microfreeze, so that was definitely nice. Nothing else seems to have changed though...inconsistent BR's, uber-rockets and tons of lingering mines and bombs still persist. Anyone test out spectator mode to see if it's any better? I forgot to...

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    Connavar - it was exactly what you're experiencing which prompted me to delete Wipeout.

Online - a whole night of racing I was lagging 10+ seconds behind LAST PLACE in Flash rooms. Restarted, tried different rooms, ect... People would pull away from me like I wasn't pressing "X" (and I know about the sensitivity thing - it's set correctly) All over the place I was not getting whipped, I was getting destroyed.

Anyhow - as a sanity check, I did some SL and TT - even in those, I couldn't BR over 70% of the time - and I couldn't even get close to my average times - let alone best times.

So I deleted it all - downloaded Wipeout from PSN again (1.26) and I did NOT update. On my first attempt with Qirex (no longer have unlocked ships) I BEAT my all-time best TT on Sebenco Reverse. Ditto for Anulpha Pass, Ubermall.... On and on. ALL barrel rolls I could no longer pull off WORKED! Can't play online, because game isn't' up to date - but offline play is a complete polar shift for the better.

Going to continue to lurk here and see what you all uncover on 1.4 - I'll be playing 1.26 - and in a day or so, I'll update - so I can make a direct comparison from the "functional Wipeout" to the new one. Playing 1.3 - It got worse and worse - but I didn't notice it until I went back to 1.26 - and I'm not exaggerating - it's an entirely different game! It works - 100%.
    Strange, i have been thinking for a while that my ship has been slow off the startline and at different times it seems crawl around the tracks. Might try this and see if it improves.