Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: V1.40 tomorrow!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Thats probably the only effective way of the autopilots on any track in HD.

But if you want to nail that corner faster. Absorb the Autopilot, then gun it on that right speed pad in a left direction, with the ship pitched up, after you get angle right. Do a BR, and you've cut yourself a good half second off the track.

Moa Rulez btw!!!! Love that track, just dont like the Vista pads that ruin it whistle racing online on it.

I dont think 1.40 did much to tackle the Vista pad issue in my opinion i think.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

My autopilot is my left thumb.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Auto Pilot doesnt deserve quite so much stick.

Use it immediately after BRs and your onto a winner (last corner on Seb Rev & The first corner on CP are my 2 favourites - Seb Rev is the best cos you can cancel it immediately before the 1st weapon pad, and it lines you up for the chicane perfectly).

Also, if you can line up your ship correctly, it can take you round corners like the 1st one on Sol 2 Rev faster than you ever could, it carries your momentum in a manner thats physically impossible normally.

Alright, it does have a HUGE nosebleed now and again but honestly some corners its brilliant (plus it ALWAYS plows through the opposition).

I still absorb it more than i use it, but i still have a big soft spot for it.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    My autopilot is my left thumb.
    mine too, no wonder AP is so ****
    real AP ftw!!
    i love using AP on the last bit of sol2. if you time it right you can disengage it and grab a sneaky BR as well
    video time methinks...
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 11th May 2009 at 09:31 PM.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

@ Leungbok, Wotan & Pirahpac

Didnt see your posts, sorry.
    Im not doubting the skills it takes for you guys to pull this kind of stuff off, that its not 99% of the time a risky move to undertake, and never once said it was "cheating", far from it. Especially if you can do it consistantly, thats awesome.

I just have grief with, for example, side shift jumping over the 1st corner on ubermall on lap 1, awsome skills if you can do it, but not every ship is capable of landing that on lap 1.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by pirahpac
    lol obh think wipeout is a fps , he say " most kills " ;;and for shorcuts i have a solution for u : look this video: no shorcut ..try it now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0lRaVu-n8
    sorry pirahpac, but ive got no idea what your trying to say to me. Nice brs on met rev though.
    Last edited by OBH; 11th May 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes haydn i agree (for me, you finish the day better than you started ), autopilot too is a strategic item, if you use it at the good place (after a br or a turbo is the best way) you can go faster than anyone, but most of the time i absorb ap because i'm too far from a good spot or in a very low health

PSN ID
    stoneygate

AP on the final chicane of Moa Therma picks up the last 2 speed pads very nicely and won me two races tonight. Very satisfying...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by osama bin haydn View Post
    but not every ship is capable of landing that on lap 1.
    Every single ship can do it on lap 1. It just depends on the starting position.
    But it turns out fair, since the people using the shortcut get first, but they have no weapon, while the one who started first on the grid can't do the shortcut (not enough speed) but has a weapon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Haydn - I just tested. Every single ship can do that shortcut from a standing start in time trial, where I believe the run-up is as short as it can possibly be. I also did it in single races from the back of the grid and that works fine too, as expected. It depends on neither ship choice, nor starting position, just practice.

Anyway, it seems your grief is with those who do it on lap 1. I do it on lap 1,2,3,4 & 5. I assume that's ok right? Cool

EDIT: Gah! I shouldn't have been so adamant and gone on HD on my night off just to prove that to myself. Now I'm jonesin' for more.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 11th May 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Oh right, thanks sat.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I'm curious. What's that little badge that I see showing up next to the other badge that has the levels on it? I've seen a couple of people that have it. I've never taken the time to get up and look what's on it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i think i know what your talking about, its bothering me as well, instead of their countries flag, a little sideways diamond shaped emblem is their depicting a feisar like wipeout ship....anybody have an answer to this one?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Yeah that's it. The smaller diamond shaped badge. Got no idea.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's when signing into the online and you do not choose a country,you can choose to race for the Wipeout Nation

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Ah thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    Thats probably the only effective way of the autopilots on any track in HD.
    I only use AP after being shot or quaked, because like the (cheating) AI, the AP is not affected very much ^_^

Has the quake distance been lengthened? I got hit by a quake, and after I started up, I was still 4.9 seconds ahead. It shouldn't travel that far for something that really doesn't require any skill. However, that time ahead may have been from a previous point in the race, but even 4.9 seconds behind, the quake should not hit the other person if they are not hitting I think. good play last night for the most part, a couple of races were bogus with the BRs ,but most were good, so it was enjoyable two nights in a row now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I don't know if it last that long, but I can tell you NOT TO surf on it n_n

I used a boost in order to escape the coming wave, resulting in taking the wave until I exploded u_u (but it took around 2 sec)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Doesn't quakes last for 6 seconds? AFAIK that hasn't changed.

How far it can travel in that time is a bit hard to determine without knowing it's travelspeed relative to your own speed. But 4.9 seconds ahead sound like you just caught the tail end of it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Try surfing a Quake and think you got away free only to run into a bomb that will stop you dead.
    Jabberjaw/Art will confirm that arse of an event.