Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: V1.40 tomorrow!

what he said ^^ .. hey bw, this game just gets better n better. plse excuse my ignorance but.... any chance of online racing at super phantom in the future or is this too much for the ps3 ? thx and hope to race you again soon

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

super phantom would be awesome!!
    it'd probably involve having to alter the floatiness of the ships otherwise everything would go a bit mental...
    still, one can dream

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Quote Originally Posted by emwu23 View Post
    the thing wich piss me off completely is when im joining some tournament/single race,and im dying in those races not because im bad in HD ,just because pads with weapons/turbos not working as they suppose to work so im not able to get back my energy on safety level , im using goteki45 all the time wich has energy rather sucks but im able to race that ship very good im a big fan of wipeout since 2097 and my onlline experience started to frustrating me with HD i really love this game after all but why since september 2008 SL Studio did nothing with that issue wich was from the begining ? I bought Playstation 3 for 2 games :WIPEOUT HD and MGS4 ,Metal 4 is great but HD is much better ,much,much better in terms of people who likes freaking speed experience and online first time in wipeout history we have online on big screen in HD why do we have to have that online play weaker then any other online games?
    its 1.40 right ,why ,why its not fixed yet
    At the moment Wipeout HD is for me only reason to fired up my ps3 and im jumping straight
    to online and what i get unfair race.
    Really big respect from me to SL Studio this is really great game I really hope they will be working on this issue,I dont want to race with weapons off races in order not to have problems.

Agreed

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

again though, it still baffles me that everbody who has serious complaints still continues to play the game everyday...even when its not enjoyable for them

i was just playing and i remembered tht night Al. you guys are right...the handling is Fed up, i played offline with feisar for a while, and im currently online playing and feels like triakis in a feisar body. Something is seriously wrong with the innner game engine. and im getting sick of SLs screw ups, i don't understand how so many ppl stand behind them at this point. They have had ample time to fix some things and still havent. WOHD has just become one big disappointment after the next . You can deny it all you want as this point but we all know where this game is going *TOILET*
    Last edited by TheFrostE; 16th May 2009 at 11:02 PM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    otherwise everything would go a bit mental.
    You do realize that there are hovering racecraft with Osama Bin Laden's christmas wish list strapped to them, usually by a certain crazy frenchman who somehow hasn't been abducted by the magical men in white coats because of his skills?

What've you been playing?!? F-Zero Vs. Mario Kart?!?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Speaking from experience - if you're about to walk away - back up your game save data - (to a memory stick, USB or what not) and delete ALL save data (yeah, every ghost, one by one painful as it may be) - then download the game again from the PSN store - you're allowed to do this free of charge 4 or 5 times.

Play 1.26 for a while - and bask in all it's glory - just click "cancel" when the game launches to avoid updating. This will tell you, "yes, you WERE that good - no it's not in your head"

Once you had your fill of offline fun - update the game to 1.4 - and YES, it's nowhere as good as 1.26 - that said, it worked so much better, I can tolerate it again. At 1.4 the game is 100% better than it was when I was on 1.3 - but still 15% short of 1.26.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

im not going to walk away from it, its just a huge dissapointment right now, and im not the only one who thinks it

1.3 not as good as 1.4...you must be out of your mind haha...i hope your only talking about in game added features and not the internal game engine...which they basically raped with 1.4

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You are allowed an infinite number of downloads on up to five activated PS3 systems. As long as you have the same PS3, you have an infinite amount of downloads for any content you bought.

Timezone
    GMT -5

1.3 is what broke my wohd and it was when my gameplay went to poop. 1.4 is better than 1.3 by a wide margin. 1.26 was the last good version before all the new features got added ( at the expense of precision gameplay ). But again, im saying that the game itself may be getting broken over time. Reinstalling made even this version besrable, so i obviously had other problems in addition to the "standard 1.3 / 1.4 issues"

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

The more my FEISAR feels light and responsive around corners the more I'm convinced the handling issues are just psychological, or a desperate reach to say the game's terrible because it isn't exactly like Wipeout 2097, instead of the game ACTUALLY being broken.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It might depend when you are playing and who you are playing against [local/not that far away/united nations] that the problems occur more often,if at all in your case.

Some seem to be lucky and not have any [or very few] problems,others get them all at one stage or another during a long session of online play.

Very frustrating when you do get the problems.
    Others might get the impression that you can't play the game within the top ranks,where in truth you are being hampered by Vista pads,non functioning BR's and lag [with the Vista pads being the worse]

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Well I have been playing with players that I know from the Zone, that I know are from EU/AUS, been in rooms from Europe and Japan. I can't say there are no issues at all. Barrel Rolls aren't coming out sometimes. I can live with that, I can still win without doing every single possible BR. And the BRs in Pure were hit-and-miss as well, and when that game was at it's peak there wasn't that much uproar.

The only real major issues I'm having have been around since 1.26.

Weapon pads about a second and a half to respawn, and when I'm following someone close and I desperately need to absorb something to recharge my shields, I have to slow up to allow the weapon pads enough time to recharge. Honestly that's worse than some jackoff camping on the same pad the entire race. The weapon pads take too long to respawn. I haven't gotten a single so-called Vista pad but at least you'll know which ones to avoid and plan accordingly. The recharge times for a working weapon pad, though, are a f*cking joke.

And if I haven't made myself clear about ship-to-ship collisions in online, let me restate again that it is hot, salty garbage. It's the most overpowered weapon in the game. And that's why I hate that people are saying the pick-ups are overpowered now, I have been able to recover from being hit by mines and rockets etc, but if I get pinned against a wall by three different pilots I can't come back from that. I just can't. If SL fixes this in 1.50 and doesn't address any other issues I will be so overjoyed anyway.

I'm still not sold on the ship handling bugs that are apparently so drastic that they're turning the nimbler ships into barges around corners, though.

I also have been in ships which handled differently ( worse ) than the ship i actually chose. many times i have returned to the ship select screen to find that it is on egx NOT ag syst as originally selected. On the whole, I think SL are getting there albeit somewhat slower than expected. Keep at it SL, patience is a virtue and we are all getting very virtuous....