Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DJ TECHNO QUESTIONS HERE, OR TIME CONVERSION REQUESTS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DJ TECHNO QUESTIONS HERE, OR TIME CONVERSION REQUESTS

Any questions for the contest should be put here, anybody who wants conversions put your pal times here.

six [6] topics for one challenge. are you guys sure that's enough?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

are there suppose to be more? :-?

because six seems enough seven is a limit. :wink:

after looking at it and when you put it all together
    in I guess one solid form it should come together to be a success. :-?

Default questions

I am not sure what is going on here. You said autopilot could be used before, not as a cheat, but as a regular weapon. It is in the game and should be useable in the game. This is like saying you can't use a shield because it is random. It is MUCH slower in almost every instance anyways and lance already explained this. I was also told I could do the conversions so everyone will be on a equal footing and there could be a USA versus EUROPE/AUSTRALIA competion as well for teams. SO WHY IS THERE DIVISIONS? I could easily set this up for points scoring after each week of competition. For individuals and teams. I like that you can switch teams between games, but am considering not doing the competition if you are going to take specific weapons out.

Default this as well

I didn't mean to get all ticked off, but the game should be played properly, not ditching weapons that were put into the game. Also about all switches after I was going to do all the conversions so everyone could compete on the same playing field. peace

DJ T: i was joking about the number of threads. six is far more than necessary. four would be the absolute most that could possibly be useful, and 3 would be better.

point 2: i thought you wanted to use the regular autopilot. i recommend doing so. it is part of the game, it is part of what every pilot can use or not use at their discretion just as any other optional pickup is. just as we require all weapons enabled to produce a valid 'Single Race mode' time for the times tables records, we have also done this in our past challenges. there is no need to exclude it for your challenge because there is nothing unfair about it, nor does it in any way reduce the skill required of the pilots to make fast times.

point 3: why would pilots have to register? they already have to be registered members of these forums to be able post their times here. all they need do is post their times by the specified deadlines you've set. this would constitute their entry into the challenge.

point 4: the points adjustment system calculated by Al allows us to determine the worldwide winner and even world rankings of the challengers within the one complete 5 game version series. a final competition between ntsc and pal is unnecessary since the rankings will have already been obtained. only in the case of a points tie, which is extremely exTREMEly unlikely, would a race-off be needed.

you asked me for my assistance in organising the details of the competition; if you wish, i can edit your posted conditions to reflect any of my suggestions that you approve

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

It's all cool
    AP is on "the Auto pilot weapon is" but I still can't figure out how that thing became a cheat in the first place, whether it was from Game Shark codes or something else
    "I relise you said send you a private message, I can't quite find the option for doing that right now, but can you change the unlock program to put in the autopilot is on, etc in the Instructions topic.

I knew you were joking, I just wanted to see if you could understand it.

Ok and the final competion were PAL vs. NTSC is unnessary.

okay, when i'm actually awake [instead of just 'up'. jeez, why am i up this early?], i'll do the edits.

btw, when you make a generalised comment immediately after the post you're commenting on, it isn't necessary or desirable to quote that post, because everybody knows what you're referring to and can read it right above your comments since there haven't been any intervening posts that would push it offscreen. so i deleted the quote from that comment and one other on another thread. i'm just trying to keep things organised

the 'private message' button is the second one from the left, in the line of buttons at the bottom of each person's posts

Default when does this contest start?

How bout an update as to when the contest starts

the contest starts november 4
    for the complete rules and conditions, read the sticky topic, in the Arena section, containing the contest instructions.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

oops! so i've lost 2 day already!!
    anyway ..
    can I use the ntsc version of wo1 I got in order 2 skip the convertion?
    and stil b on the PAL europe/ozzy team?
    if there's gonna b such a competition ..
    replay asap pleez!

Default conversion

yes

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

great!

Well, since the others are locked, I'm assuming we're supposed to talk about the challenge in this thread now? (how many of these things are there anyway, don't you think we have enough topics already?)

Anyway, Zargz was asking in some other thread about why no one was talking about the Wipeout 64 challenge, so I will say this:

On Velocitar, I had a few problems at the beginning getting by some of the ships. I would be flying over one of the many sextuple turbos, and some mofo would be waiting around the corner, right in my way. Hard to make sudden movements when you're going that fast, but after a while I got the hang of it.

On, Terrafumos I only managed to cut that last set of corners once, hence my 22.8 fastest race time. I know I can do better.

As for Machaon II, well, blah. Nuff said. I don't really like that track, and I still don't like that track. I'm sure Al totally "wiped" me out on that one.

I'm anxious to see Vagrant Logic's times as well, I believe he was the one who said he was good at this one.

Default WISEMAN

On velocitar did you turn around at the beginning of the race or just take the huge jump shortcut after the tunnel

G, i locked the other topics because there were too many of them, because they had wandered off what they were supposed to be about, and because this topic had already been set up for questions concerning the challenge well before the challenge even started, yet hardly anyone used it, preferring to tack comments on to the original topic which was used to discuss the details of making the challenge workable, but wandered off into the twilight zone once those details were settled. if i'd been using my brain, i would have locked that topic a month ago.

Default wow!

nice time on velocitar to george mathews. Could we get a minute detail rundown on this race. the 19.3 had to be the first lap I think with the turnaround and then around 22.1 the rest? that's my guess. no bumps of ships or anything? When did you pitch up and down. this was an awesome time. Also, any wall skip throughs? I did figure out great laps come from the turbo after the hard turn.

Also another question. Are you getting turbos after you are in first place during the race?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yao! respect the deadline!! :x

Default Machaon 2

Did you know machaon 2 is the same as gare d'europa mirrored? Some things are slightly off but all the turns are the same.

Who do you mean by respect the deadline? All my times were done in time.

Default ZARGZ -- QUESTION

Did you play on a pal game or an ntsc game. I converted your time as if it was pal. I know you wrote pal, but I am just verifying that you weren't writing it to say you were playing for the pal region.