Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So close!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Default What's going on?!

My mega mall and sampa run times are still intact!! Usually Al would've blown past them by now. Guess he's just been busy. Oh well, don't see why I'm complaining. This just means I get to enjoy that sweet, sweet, taste of first place...for, at least, a little longer.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Enjoy it while it lasts and try to improve if at all possible so that way it'll be that much harder to topple it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

That's gonna be extremely difficult to do after that large absence of wipeout these past few weeks. It's gonna take FOREVER for me to regain all those racing lines. But I am going to try to improve those times.
    Last edited by WolfKill01; 6th August 2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: thought this was a different thread

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

It took me long enough but here's p-mar and manortop. I didn't post them because the times were good. Frankly, they're not all that great. I posted these vids for some of you more experienced peoples to tell me how to improve on these specific tracks. Anything will help. Though I would like to see a video demonstraiting any short cuts or clever tricks I'm not aware of. Thanks and enjoy.

P-Mar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu_GaTkGy3I

Manortop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIQ9pmlu1aw

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Hey, look what I stumbled across while surfing youtube.
    These aren't my videos but they are pretty damn neat. I think also these are all NTSC-A.

Terminal Time Trial Phantom (this beats Al by 4 seconds )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgQaGSz3GVk
    There's some more in the related videos.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

That's a pretty good Terminal run.
    There's still a bit of room for improvement, but not much.
    You can really see the consistency he's bringing to those laps, beautiful.

Anyway, Jacob, about your speed runs...

P-Mar: You've got a good line to start with, you just need more practice here, and you're holding weapons way too long. I could never do that pit without an Autopilot in the Icaras, it always messed up my line. You don't need hyperthrust on this track though, so you can skip the pit and still go pretty fast. There's a shortcut off the big jump landing in the pit, but it's not really landable. Would likely make for a great speedlap though if you can land it at the finish line. 8 )

Manortop: Ah, the pilot's choice! You've got the main shortcut down pat, but there's another one on the other big jump (after the 90s). Go through the window on the right instead of into the tunnel on the left. This track takes serious hyperthrust. Looks like you've mostly got this track though.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yeah, Albino-ace is using D-pad.

I gotta admit, he is pretty good at that!

stevie

Quote Originally Posted by insertcoin View Post
    Terminal Time Trial Phantom (this beats Al by 4 seconds )
    Seems impossible at first glance.
    And maybe second glance as well.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

Ok, I'm starting to schitt myself a little. Last night over PM, Albino Ace and I were trying to organize some online races on Pulse. We may get the oppo to race this week!

But after reading about his dpad skills - all I can say is, I gotta start practicing... hard!

WOW, I'm nervous! dammit!

[calm down Ace-Flo, iz only a game!]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Thanks for the tips, task. Albino Ace's time trials look really good. He's using d-pad too, correct? Looks like I got quite a bit to work on if I'm going to beat him.

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

we're in the same boat!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Dude, no kiddin'
    Last edited by Task; 20th September 2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quotation eliminted

The terminal is definitely his best run for sure, he has some other good times as well. A perfect race is needed to beat that time, no hits with icarus

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Good job Wolf! Well, I'm not even sure if I've posted any of Wipeout 3 times before, but I find these videos are very similar to my own skill... Considering I've been playing Wipeout 3 with the D-pad for pretty much ever, until I picked a few neggies up after I joined the Air Force... Yet still hadn't been able to concentrate on it as much as if I were back in school...

Anyway, I'm gonna have to start Competing in this NTSC Wipout 3 d-pad thing when my House Hold Goods shipment that has all my games and systems and such arrive in the U.K. then... Still won't have as much time due to deployments... :/

You can't fly in NTSC Task...
    Last edited by Chill; 20th September 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Here's a perfect TT vid I did after seeing Albino Ace's. It doesn't beat his time, however, it does beat Al's. My consistency is getting better, I think. Read the description, rate, comment, and enjoy.

Terminal Perfect TT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swGDYINJIAo

@ Chill: Good luck with entering this apparent "d-pad frenzy". Oh, and best of luck with the move to the UK as well.

You can do better; you missed about 4 or 5 boostpads on the last lap.

PSN ID

That was a lot better than the last one though! Very nice, but I would think to beat Al would be better than that... :/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

That's a nice line you're developing there Jacob.
    You can improve your time up the corkscrew, but you've got the rest of the track really nicely nailed. You're quite close to the perfect consistency required to maintain Terminal Velocity. 8 )

Why isn't this time posted? You've got the 2nd place with that run, you should put in on the boards! Take a screenshot, you'll want photographic evidence of Al having ever been in 3rd place on a WO3 track. 8 D

Also: Nick! Post your lap time!

Chill: No, it doesn't always take inhuman speed to beat Al. There are a lot of tracks, and a lot of modes. When he's already beating everyone by more than 10 seconds, he doesn't worry about pushing the limits. That's why he loves the competition so much, it shows him which tracks he's weakest at and gives him a better time to beat. 8 )

I'm sure as soon as he gets a chance he'll be working on beating a 2-minute race time. If he posts a video of _that_, then you'll get to see the smooth oiled perfection of 20 years flight experience. It'll give you chills.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

I posted the time a while ago. Not sure if Al's done anything yet. Too busy to check for myself. But more importantly, I would love to see some videos demonstrating mr. sartwell's superior racing abilities.

PSN ID

Well, I've been playing Wipeout, and I guess my memory proved me wrong... guess I'm not such a hot-shot at it that I remembered!! LOL!!! It was a great realization non-the-less...