Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So close!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I'm not sold on getting a neGcon just yet. Dualshock has served me well so far and it might still be as good if you get a vid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    Hell yeah! but please can you send back to me my sextape's proof ?
    I can`t believe you let Lance have the tape before me. According to your rep "Asayyeah is a splendid one to behold" so you must share this thing with the community.

@SonicChaos, I`m sure you will find a negcon is faster if you get one, and more satisfying to play with, but I`m looking forward to those dpad videos anyway, Wolfkill.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

So you say it's worth dropping the $30 or so to get one? If so I'll ebay one.

Definitely worth it, but also worth spending the extra $$ for a new one as they do get tired and loose on their centre spring after a lot of action

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Well, I'll check it out. In the meantime a good time for a dpad is rare around here?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

WHOA! Everyone is asking for those vids. Even the famous asayyeah. No pressure, right?

Anyway, please be patient guys. I'm trying to find the best and cleanest way to record the vids. It'll just be a little while longer.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

No pressure, we're just eager to see this amazing feat in action.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKill01 View Post
    I'm trying to find the best and cleanest way to record the vids. It'll just be a little while longer.
    thanks, your phone could be good enough. I think we only need to be able to see the screen and it doesn`t have to be Blu Ray, though that would be nice.

If the quality is low you could upload the raw video file to a filesharing service like media fire or rapidshare for people to download that file. This would avoid using YouTube and the loss of video quality when it goes on to YouTube and gets compressed again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by WolfKill01 View Post
    WHOA! Everyone is asking for those vids. Even the famous asayyeah. No pressure, right?
    Lol , no pressure man at all, but i am very intriguished by your dpad skill, you know everytime in the past ( the last 3 years) pilots who stated to get new records with Dpad VS those who were using Negcon lead to a cul-de-sac, meaning it was fake scores.
    But don't get me wrong i am not a blind-minded guy, i know there's always someone better than ourself : look at new comers into Wipeout life : like Wellington, Wotan or Pirahpac they weren't there ( through WZ) before HD and look at their results : blazing scores with Wipeout HD, beating the old farts members ( i am currently located into that club ). But it makes sense cause we are racing under the same playfield level ( same controller) , in the case of old Wipeouts it's not that obvious cause there's a top controller existing : the Negcon from Namco.

So it would be cool for you to be the 1st to proove a dpad pilot could be better than a neggie pilot ( Neggie is my beloved nickname for naming a Negcon : such a pretty sexy controller )
    So you know what to do : good luck with video project

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

That would be awesome to see a dpad beat a neGcon. That way you don't have everyone buying neGcon's just to compete with other times.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

I'm so ashamed I couldn't get a better quality video up.

I took it with my phone. I couldn't hold it myself, so I made the mistake of letting my klutzy brother hold it while I played. To make it worse, he didn't even record the entire lap. It starts late and ends early. Sorry.

Well, It's a perfect lap on stanza inter and it actually beat my old time(23:57) with a much more impressive time(23:07). I'll try to upload it to rapidshare or something later. For now, here it is on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=737NjYPMeeg.
    Good luck trying to enjoy it, and sorry again that it looks like

I think, as Asayyeah said, we`ve had a few people make claims with dpad times in the last few years and they have turned out to be cheats. I would just echo Asa`s previous post, he says it perfectly. This isn`t a personal attack against you, we just naturally want to keep the tables clean and honest and we don`t know you yet. I guess it`s not an easy topic. I don`t know what to make of your video as I can`t read the numbers, to prove it`s a continous video and the right speed for one thing, and it`s not the whole lap. Maybe a non-YouTube link would be clearer and give more of a clue.

I don`t know if Al or Asayyeah or somebody a bit better at Wipeout 3 than me could make any sense of the video and see if indicates anything. Personally I`d like to see something a bit longer and clearer. If you are setting these great times for real I want to applaud you. Good times can be set with a dpad, no doubt, but as for this possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by SonicChaos View Post
    That would be awesome to see a dpad beat a neGcon. That way you don't have everyone buying neGcon's just to compete with other times.
    There are of course some great dpad times and players, but a negcon will always be faster on Wipeouts 1-3 because the steering is more accurate and you have better control over pitch. We take it for granted that people will fly perfect races to get in the top 5 or 10, regardless of controllers, but there are things you can do to go faster with a Negcon that you cannot do as well with a dpad. It`s just an unalterable fact caused by the layout of the controllers. This has been proved over about ten years of obsessive wipeout play by the world`s best players and even those who don`t like it accept it.

Anyway thanks for the video, I would like something clearer and longer, for me, but I`m not the race times police and it`s your decision

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I've watched the video more than 20 times now. One thing that I think can be seen is that there's no unlimited shield/hyperthrust used because the shield energy bar goes down during the race. It's a perfect lap and there are no shortcuts used (at least the part of the lap which is shown in the video) but not the whole lap is recorded. The lap starts after the first corner, ends a little bit in front of the finishing line and the duration is 22 seconds on youtube so there's only another second that can be calculated for the last few meters to the finish line and passing the first corner of the track to sum up to your stated time of 23.07 seconds for that particular lap. I'll have a look at your rapidshare video which hopefully is a better quality than this one before I make a comment whether I can believe that time or not.

As already stated by the other members, please do not take our inquiries personal. It's just that all of us have spent countless hours playing the old wipeout games and setting the top times in the records tables. I myself have flown countless laps on my favourite Wip3out track Stanza Inter and was hardly able to get close Al's or Arnaud's top times so I know how f***ing hard it is to reach the top of the tables in the old games. There was much blood, sweat and sleepless nights involved for everyone who is in the top 5 of the records tables, so we ask for proof if someone we don't know and has not proven his skills before steps up and claims the top time in the top speed class by beating a proven time by almost a full second.

One thing that makes me feel a bit itchy though is the record you enterd into the W3O NTSC tables, though. You were always talking about a 23.57 and your new record, a 23.07 on Stanza Inter, but you've entered a 23.14 into the tables. How come we have never heard of that particular time before?
    I will not delete any of your records because for me there is no proof of cheating. But there is also no real proof of your times having been done without cheating too. As I've stated above I'll have a look at your rapidshare video first before I'll comment on this matter again.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Again, I apologize for the HORRIBLE quality of the video.

Lunar: I do intend to post clearer more readable videos. I can also assure you that i do not own a negcon. All my times have been done with d-pad. I posted a picture of my controller with this message as proof even though it's probably not enough. Also, I posted another video right after I posted the gameplay video. It's video of me confirming the time at the end of the race.

Tomahawk: I can ASSURE you that the times are not fakes, nor did I cheat in any of them. And like I mentioned before, I WILL post better vids in the future. As for the time of 23.14, that was my latest time before 23.07. I only mentioned 23.57 in the video description because I completely forgot I posted 23.14 on the tables and didn't want to complicate things with another new timem, so I went with the original 23.57. Sorry for the confusion.

And this is to everyone: I am not taking any of this personally. I can perfectly understand why you would be skeptical of these times and I can also understand why you want to keep your record tables clean and fair. I will post better videos as proof of my times because(like anyone else) I can't help but feel threatened by some of the doubt some of you may have towards my times. No hard feelings.

This is a link to the rapid share file: http://rapidshare.com/files/24904877...3.07_.3g2.html

I was having trouble with the video earlier but I think I fixed it. Please tell me if it doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WolfKill01; 27th June 2009 at 12:26 AM.

Just to reiterate, noone is saying you did not get those times, and we don't need a picture of a ps1 controller to prove you used that. We all know how hard wipeout 3 is with a dpad, due to pitch issues. the times you got on stanza are certainly achieveable, and probably lower as well, but if you put up a video, it needs to show the start of the lap, the end of the lap, the entire race (records don't count if the race isn't completed), and the times shown on the screen at the end of the race without the camera coming off(I use zoom on my camera at the end without moving the camera.) I saw the energy bar coming down (I think) during that race, but seeing the times would be better, as well as seeing the color of the speed up pads. We have had issues before with fake times in wipeout 3, and it really sucked, and I wasted alot of time trying to get new times. If you send me a pm, I could send you some wires that could allow you to record your races quite easily, and have no lag as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Wolfkill, no need to assure me that your times have been achieved without cheating. For me nobody is guilty of cheating until definitive proof of that has been given. I applaud your skills ( <- there you go ) and recognize your times as being valid for now. By providing some video footage almost immediately after you have been asked for it, even if it is a very bad quality, you have done more than most of the real cheaters who have been revealed in the past few years. I may give you the advise to try and bring on some better quality video footage of your wipeout skills in the near future, not only for proof, but also for acknowledgement by the other top pilots who are roaming these forums. You also might do this because the next time some Wipeoutzone member does something like this your videos might be part of it like Mano's great times with Wipeout 2097 were in this. Maybe you want to take JABBERJAW's offer and let him lend you some stuff for easy and high quality recording.

tomohawk is right, you certainly piloted that track extremely well. We just want to see the lap time and what I had written before is all. I have an extra set of cables to record well, and play if you like. YOu can have perfect recording video, and racing without lag. It is also nice to have the videos for yourself, and for others who use a dpad to see what you are doing exactly.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    I have an extra set of cables to record well, and play if you like. You can have perfect recording video, and racing without lag.
    What are these cables and where can you get them from?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I've had a hell of a stessful week. But It's all good now.

Thanks for the offer on the chords Al. I'll PM you later about them.

I've been digging through my old desk drawers and found a perfectly good digital camera. I set it up on a book shelf across from my tv and pointed it at the screen. The quality was actually far better then I expected. You can actually read the numbers now!
    I did a race on terminal this time around. Please read the description before watching. I'll upload it to rapid share later.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBNImQPn58

sorry you had a stressful week and if I contributed to that, but rest-assured that if anyone new comes along and beats your records we will give them a hard time too

That last video is great It`s perfectly clear to view. Although you didn`t beat your record I`m sure if you can do that 23.44 you could also do a 23.10. Some frantic button mashing going on I could hear. The dpad-lovers club will be very proud. Any chance of a Hi Fumi or better quality Stanza? It`s nice to see Wip3out videos anyway, there are not a lot of good gameplay videos around for that game.

anyway I will leave it to the Wip3out experts to say any more.