Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

There`s nowt wrong with it, and apart from noobs I would like to say that oldies can be butt-hurt too. I am often quite sore in my butt-parts after racing some of the faster pilots out there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I like to think I have a fairly good sarcasm, but perhaps it does just mean different things in different countries or to different people. I did read the whole post and that's why I felt it was designed more to incite an extreme reaction, e.g. flaming, than generate discussion. This is the exact reason why I didn't initially reply. After playing a bit in the slower classes the other day though I felt I could offer an alternative view.

Anyway, to get back on topic. Do you really feel that much of a difference in speed between rapier and phantom, to the extent that corners could be referred to as a joke? I don't actually think they're too far apart in speed terms. It's similar to the difference between phantom speed lap/time trial, and an online phantom race, e.g. it's all phantom, but SL/TT just has an overall sense of being a bit faster. Probably because you hit all the pads, get more boosts, do more barrel rolls etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Phantom, Phantom, Phantom ... hmm.

Ahh I remember, Phantom is a color scheme that last for about 70 seconds. xD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Ahh I remember, Phantom is a color scheme that last for about 70 seconds. xD
    Tehehe
    Anything below Supersonic takes no skill to be competitive, right?

/sarcasm

This is seriously the best example as to why this part of the argumentation is flawed. As said, it depends on the person and his ability, it's not something factual with a scale or something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Ok, I will now give the final answer for this thread;

Anything below zone 125 takes no skill.

xD rofl

Vartazian i challenge you to a 20 lap race on Vienta K in flash class, i'd like to see who come's out on top, enough of the talk time for the practical!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

20 Lap Flash, 20 Lap Phantom. I do yours, you do mine.

Yeah that sounds like a plan, gonna have to practice my phantom like i said before don't ever race it lol

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

If spectate mode worked properly (maybe it will in 1.40?) I would surely be a spectator for those challenge matches!

PSN ID
    chboing

and i would place my money on Firedshot in flash. and no money bet for phantom ...

i love those duels, there is something really old school into them. Like the potential america's cup match we'll have between team alinghi & team BMW Oracle: The one that wins is the one that is right

and i'd like the final conclusion of this thread to be : "Vartazian was wrong, he cant handle flash speed correctly"
    Only one thing is disturbing me into this duel, Firedshot is 3rd Flash multirace player, Vartazian only 35th phantom multirace player (according to Connavar's site)
    looks quite unbalanced to me
    Last edited by chboing; 6th May 2009 at 01:46 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

And after this, I'll also challenge Vartazian: 64 races:
    Venom, Flash, Rapier, Phantom

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Isn't it a little unfair to challenge someone to race phantom when they don't play at that speed? He never stated phantom was easy, therefore has nothing to prove...it was never about who's better at which speed class, it was about proving to you that it takes skill to fly flash/rapier....

PSN ID
    chboing

exactly in french : "qui peut le plus peut le moins"
    i guess this expression litterally translated as : "who can do the most can do the less" also exist in english ?
    vartazian is obviously more skilled than Firedshot ( ), (from his point of view of course) and should accept to make this challenge flash only, 8 races, 20 laps ! avalon or not

well said stinkleroy (better than stinky-girl afterall sorry ... )
    Last edited by chboing; 6th May 2009 at 03:09 PM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Haha I so need to change my psn name

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

NOOOO! You would lose your identity, Cat!

I agree with you about the races...Vartazian should be content to race Firedshot on Flash only, considering his argument. I think he knows he will get embarrassed on Flash, so he wants to be able to retaliate on Phantom. Who knows though, maybe Firedshot is better on Phantom than we think and will surprise us...I'm calling an upset!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Hehe. All these people betting on me to lose. Its actually kind of funny gives me a chuckle.

Ive never really raced flash. Maybe an odd one here or there. But people dont want to see the phantom then I will Retract my Challenge. So. If I lose this flash round. Will everyone be satisfied?

Im doing it for everyone else. I already know this is going to be a slaughter.

But who knows It will probably be fun =D

PS: I think alot of people blew what I said completley out of proportion, They want my blood here. I love that thrill of Competition! Lets go Fired! Lets set up a time for this weekend?

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Nobody is out to get you Vart, and I'm not betting on anybody. I just think given your original statement then you should at least try to prove us wrong

Sunday nigth at about 9pm gmt?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I hope everyone realises that it will prove nothing. The statement can't be proved either way. All anyone can do is offer their own opinion based on their own experience. The best that could happen would be if further experience of flash changed Vartazian's mind and if both guys have fun playing.

Speaking of a lack of flash experience - am I the only one who notices the following statement:
    "Ive never really raced flash."

If you've never really raced flash, then how did you form your "opinion" on it?

I've already said to him if anything this should be fun so i really don't mind busting the walls in phantom. The only thing thats annoying me today is that they still haven't fixed the barrel role problem!

Lol saturn