Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: PS3 NeGcon - Can it be done???

Yes on the ps3. Has given the game a much better feel.

Do you have a ps tv to try it on?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hey all,

I know Iím kinda late to join the party but Iíve come up with an excellent negcon converter for the ps3.

Required assets are an Arduino Uno board, a resistor, some wires and preferably a controller socket.
    The steps I followed are all written down in this article, http://tecnomente.altervista.org/201...-with-arduino/
    The method uses Unojoy to make the Arduino behave as a joystick and Ps2x_lib to read ps1/2 controller data.

It didnít work properly at first, some modifications to Ps2x_lib were required to retreive clear negcon data.
    After that I added code to minimize the deadzone, reduce the maximum twist and use key comboís for ie. the Home button.
    Itís all working great, been racing like itís 1996 and Iím having a blast. So I like to share it here.

The modified Ps2x_lib and my arduino/negcon sourcecode is available on github:
    https://github.com/phaseIV/arduino-negcon-ps3

Enjoy!

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

Awesome news PhaseIV, sounds like it works really well. Would love one of those.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm just wondering if it can work with the Omega Pack, and get it to work with Formula Fusion

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread with interest & signed up to ask: for those that have succeeded in getting the NeGCon to work on PS3- have you tested it with the original PSOne Wipeout trilogy on the PS3?

I have searched & all the references seem to be to HD. You would have to play 2097/XL & 3/SE from original PS Disc, but the original game is available from PSN.

If you have tested it, could you I trouble you to advise which game & the hack you've implemented, whether it did recognise/register the controller as a NeGCon, and allow you to calibrate via the Options as I recall those games did on PSOne?

The reason I ask is I've returned to Playstation & WipeOut after a 20 year retirement from Racing/Gaming, and am re-introducing myself via those games on PS3. I'm becoming proficient again with the old-school d-pad driving technique- though I confess upgrading from DS3 to DS4 helped alot - but naturally it's making me miss the quality of control & fun using a NeGCon. (Also for Destruction Derby, another original Psygnosis Launch title
    Last edited by Shards; 23rd July 2017 at 11:55 AM.