PSN ID
    slimjim2097

sounds good

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

That's absolutely brilliant, well done!

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

my apologies for bumping a rather old topic.

just had a idea; would it be feasible to create a kickstarter project to build a small run of PS3 Negcons of a high build quality. I'm sure there's a good number of people around here who would still like to own one (myself included).

any thoughts?

Element42 ended up with the best solution, with a amazing converter he sent me. It has dials for dead zone, steering sensitivity, AND built in dead zone adjustment ( this makes our turning perfect). It also has a dpad right/ a button swap ( awesome for brs), an analog p down/ dpad up down swap ( necessary for navigating menus, and one other switch that I forgot what it does. A great piece, but make him a good offer to make it worth his time. I got two!

On a side note, I purchased a third party Bluetooth controller, and I think i can make a Bluetooth Negcon out of it. I wish I could figure out that built in dead zone though, then I could make a really nice one that would even work on the pspgo

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

Cheers for the update JJ. I've just pm'd E42. I hope you manage to sort out your new controller Best wishes.

Hi

Sorry to bring from the dead this thread.

Are you still using this adapter? Is it compatible with last ps3 firmware?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm pretty sure Jabber is still using it.

From what I remember of the project, it involved making a separate interface box that had small dip switches.

It all started back here.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...Can-it-be-done

Yes, but .I haven't played in a while. It didn't work on vita tv, as I cannot update the firmware or lose 2048 on tv (I think some USB controllers work on vita). I used a Bluetooth negcon for it, but the buttons are off, and there is a dead zone, once again firmware issue. I have some ideas though I'll get to eventually

YES !!! Been playing Wipeout HD all day on and off with a Cronus max plus with x-aim plug in. I am using a combined script which has sorted out the dead zone and shortened the range of twist. Playing feels perfect just like on the ps1. I am suddenly winning with ease, I shall have to go up a level !

Wanted to buy a cronusmax plus today, but GameStop was out. I'll have to pick one up. You are using this on the PS3?

Yes on the ps3. Has given the game a much better feel.

Do you have a ps tv to try it on?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hey all,

I know I’m kinda late to join the party but I’ve come up with an excellent negcon converter for the ps3.

Required assets are an Arduino Uno board, a resistor, some wires and preferably a controller socket.
    The steps I followed are all written down in this article, http://tecnomente.altervista.org/201...-with-arduino/
    The method uses Unojoy to make the Arduino behave as a joystick and Ps2x_lib to read ps1/2 controller data.

It didn’t work properly at first, some modifications to Ps2x_lib were required to retreive clear negcon data.
    After that I added code to minimize the deadzone, reduce the maximum twist and use key combo’s for ie. the Home button.
    It’s all working great, been racing like it’s 1996 and I’m having a blast. So I like to share it here.

The modified Ps2x_lib and my arduino/negcon sourcecode is available on github:
    https://github.com/phaseIV/arduino-negcon-ps3

Enjoy!

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

Awesome news PhaseIV, sounds like it works really well. Would love one of those.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm just wondering if it can work with the Omega Pack, and get it to work with Formula Fusion

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread with interest & signed up to ask: for those that have succeeded in getting the NeGCon to work on PS3- have you tested it with the original PSOne Wipeout trilogy on the PS3?

I have searched & all the references seem to be to HD. You would have to play 2097/XL & 3/SE from original PS Disc, but the original game is available from PSN.

If you have tested it, could you I trouble you to advise which game & the hack you've implemented, whether it did recognise/register the controller as a NeGCon, and allow you to calibrate via the Options as I recall those games did on PSOne?

The reason I ask is I've returned to Playstation & WipeOut after a 20 year retirement from Racing/Gaming, and am re-introducing myself via those games on PS3. I'm becoming proficient again with the old-school d-pad driving technique- though I confess upgrading from DS3 to DS4 helped alot - but naturally it's making me miss the quality of control & fun using a NeGCon. (Also for Destruction Derby, another original Psygnosis Launch title
    Last edited by Shards; 23rd July 2017 at 11:55 AM.