Thread: PS3 NeGcon - Can it be done???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread with interest & signed up to ask: for those that have succeeded in getting the NeGCon to work on PS3- have you tested it with the original PSOne Wipeout trilogy on the PS3?

I have searched & all the references seem to be to HD. You would have to play 2097/XL & 3/SE from original PS Disc, but the original game is available from PSN.

If you have tested it, could you I trouble you to advise which game & the hack you've implemented, whether it did recognise/register the controller as a NeGCon, and allow you to calibrate via the Options as I recall those games did on PSOne?

The reason I ask is I've returned to Playstation & WipeOut after a 20 year retirement from Racing/Gaming, and am re-introducing myself via those games on PS3. I'm becoming proficient again with the old-school d-pad driving technique- though I confess upgrading from DS3 to DS4 helped alot - but naturally it's making me miss the quality of control & fun using a NeGCon. (Also for Destruction Derby, another original Psygnosis Launch title
    Last edited by Shards; 23rd July 2017 at 11:55 AM.