Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think we might be in for a big surprise.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default I think we might be in for a big surprise.

We have all be speculating [hey,were good at it ] on the release date for the extra tracks,and what ever else might be installed for us with the release.

My bet is for a June 2-4 release date.

Why?

E3 2009
    http://www.e3expo.com/

Sony are being hush hush about exactly what they will be showing ,but word has it [Playstation forum] that it's going to be BIG ,and Microsoft are being unusually timid ,which I read as them knowing what's coming and being worried.

Remember that Sony showed a prototype version of HD in 3D a few months back?

This technology is ready for the consumer market now.

Extra tracks for Wipeout HD will be a certainty [we know that,we've been told that much by Colin] ,if these tracks will be the first 3D game on the market I hazard to guess,but since they have previously shown 3D prototype versions of this game, well,it's not unreasonable to think it would be the most likely candidate.

As for 3D itself,it will come in one of two forms.

Either RealD

http://www.reald.com/

Or

Dolby3D

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/techno...ons_d3ddc.html

Looks like another possible format war.

Both have industrial and consumer versions [they have to be mastered differently for Cinema and Home use],both require glasses,the RealD circular polarised ones,and the Dolby3D opto shutter glasses that have lens that blink on and off in mil sec's.

Good new for anybody that owns a Home Thearter projector, is that there will be an add on lens that you could put in front of your PJ's lens to turn it into a 3D projector.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

I think I just shat myself with excitement
    speculation is bad for me...
    :excitedyeldar --> all rolled into one

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

My reasoning for this is.

If it were to be just standard added content for HD ,why wasn't it released ages ago,why to protracted wait?
    We know they have finished ,whatever it is that SL have done.

Something's going on that we ,as yet, know nothing about.
    It might not be 3D,but then why wait till E3 to release it,[which looks the most likely date since we have waited this long already]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

as for 3D would be so damned amazing and interesting, just in this moment i still have flashing in my head of WOHD 3D...

... i'm more and more keen on tracks, this is the thing that matters

i'm not a genius on maths but to me 9+ months of work = LOT OF TRACKS & STUFF TO PLAY

just hope they after 9 months don't come out with just a couple of tracks and nothing more 'cause i will have heart attack & nervous breackdown in that case

don't forget ships as well

my equation is: 9 months of work = LOT OF TRACKS & STUFF TO PLAY and HOLD PEOPLE STICK ON THEIR CHAIRS 4 AGES

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    We have all be speculating [hey,were good at it ] on the release date for the extra tracks,and what ever else might be installed for us with the release.

My bet is for a June 2-4 release date.
    June 4 is my birthday

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well that would be a VERY appropriate Birthday present for you .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

totally !!

PSN ID
    Axellink

I come back from Miami on the 4th June . I see where your coming from Blackwiggle, 9 months is a long time to be making a tracks and a couple of new ships. They must have something else planned. To be honest, I couldn't care much for 3D since my TV wont support it, I want my tracks dammit!!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Better be something nice, my WPHD interest is flailing a bit atm.

Yep me too - im hardly playing any more due to that patch.

As stinkleroy put it - im 'patched off'

I can remember the wonderous Pulse packs, and the excitement they caused with new tracks and ...new ships Those were the days, please bring them back SL!

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I'd like there to be something free, just something small, alongside any DLC that costs monies.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

if this is true, its not that long for the long anticipated dlc of awesomeness.
    my first priority would by far be new tracks.
    some new ships would be fine.
    and new gamemodes, on and offline would be awesome.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I think they might announce an all new WipEout game, probably BluRay based. On the official PS blog when they dropped the news about the WOHD update, Daimion Pinnock wrote in a reply to one of the comments made "stay tuned for a big announcement regarding the WipEout franchise". He didn't say regarding DLC, or WipEout HD, he said "the WipEout franchise". This leads me personally to believe it's possible that there is a whole new game in the works.

On the other hand it would be nice if we could get the players who were randomly banned from WOHD playing on their main accounts again in the mean time...

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Better not be Pulse on PS2...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    I think they might announce an all new WipEout game, probably BluRay based. On the official PS blog when they dropped the news about the WOHD update, Daimion Pinnock wrote in a reply to one of the comments made "stay tuned for a big announcement regarding the WipEout franchise". He didn't say regarding DLC, or WipEout HD, he said "the WipEout franchise". This leads me personally to believe it's possible that there is a whole new game in the work.
    ok, but colin has pointed it out 2 times, the second time even specificy that the patch 1.30 and the upcoming dlc were indeed 2 separate things, pointing out that he can't tell when and what exact content but people will not be disapointed

on another point there're even be people around that know what's the content of the upcoming dlc, as feisarltd have tell us, he have listen one of the psnation podcast and the guy tell that he knows what it is

you find everything on the last pages of the " when first dlc..." thread http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...t=5418&page=63

on a side note i'm surprised that nobody comented further on the news that people on the game press industry already knows the exact content of the dlc, and lets that thread die...

in the best of all cases we might get a generous dlc and a brand new game ready for a late summer/fall release

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

I feel like the only person who really isn't interested in ANY upcoming updates if they haven't fixed whatever-the-f*** problems the 1.30 patch has created. Hung out with FrostE this evening and I just had no interest in the prospective 3D element, either... There's something about the future of WOHD that really doesn't keep me as captivated as the replay value in WOXL/64/3...

I hope, I nearly PRAY, that somethnig epic rears its head this next E3, otherwise I may shut off all my systems for the summer.

Quantum Redshift 2 plz

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BlochNWhitey

I've found that it's just easier in the long run to not look forward to add-on packs and such, then when they DO come out it's a big surprise.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

me too! also means that i'm (usually) never disappointed.
    low expectations rule

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I'm with AG-wolf on this one...the game needs to be fixed first. I'd love new tracks but would feel the same frustration playing with the patch problems. Any new track before a fix seems pointless to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Agreed. It has been 20 days now since the release of the patch and still no bugfix for the framerate hickup problems. Are they even going to fix that? It should be prio 1 to make the 1.3-patch to work flawlessly, prio 2 is more levels and ships. That's what I feel.