View Poll Results: you'd like to get old tracks among the PSP era ones in future contents ?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes sure! classics are the better for me

10 20.00%
  • nah i prefer much psp era ones only

2 4.00%
  • a mix of both would be cool, first the pure/pulse ones, then good classic packs

11 22.00%
  • i would prefer only exclusively NEW tracks

7 14.00%
  • don't matter to me just give us some more tracks!

27 54.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You'd like to get old Tracks among the PSP era Ones in future contents ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default You'd like to get old Tracks among the PSP era Ones in future contents ?

pretty obvious question and pretty obvious poll argument,more or less it's already known people around like classics and would like to get some into dlc , i have just done it to sum it up as a size to estimate in more concrete terms what people think

feel free to specify, if you want, whats your favourites tracks would like to get

but please regarding classic tracks, not neotronic version this time around, REAL classics tracks
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 25th April 2009 at 02:23 AM.

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Cittanova from Pure, just loved that V hairpin. Any new tracks would make me happy at this point though.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

Gare d'Europa and Odessa Keys would be cool..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

Seconded. Gare d'Europa was my favorite XL/2097 track and one of my favorite all time Wipeout series tracks. Just love the drop after the initial tunnel, the chicanes shortly thereafter, and the major airtime right before the finish line. Also would love to see Valparaiso from XL/2097 remade.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Citta has a hard chance to come back. Can't quote (Can't find it) but Colin said they didn't like it themselves (Liverpool) so if something else comes it could reuse ideas (He said there were good ideas in it, but it was badly executed somehow... I think the advert panel has something to do with it)

For me, I'd like to see the old tracks from the 2k97 days
    Although with the current playstyle it will be difficult to adapt. At least I hope they don't pull a Karbonis on us like in PurE.
    But tracks for PurE and Pulse I would like to see too. I just got the packs for Pulse and IMO the tracks there provide some good challenge. It would be interesting to see how they render underwater in HD (Vostok Reef), not using a tunnel like in Vineta-K (Which although purty prevents seeing outside )

I don't know where to vote though, I don't understand the choices... I would like Classics then PurE/Pulse, but this choice seems unavailable.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post

I don't know where to vote though, I don't understand the choices... I would like Classics then PurE/Pulse, but this choice seems unavailable.
    a mix of both would be cool, first the pure/pulse ones, then good classic packs

darkdrium i'm sorry, my fault, i think was implied that with this options, maybe you refering to the fact that you are more keen on have first the classic tracks then after the other pure/pulse ones...i was thinkin to insert another option but i have cut it out cause in the end have two exact options but with the points inverted not that have much sense...only cause i find unlikely that SL will focus on classics before throw some other pure/pulse ones out...but who know

in the end what's matter what come first, this option imply that or sooner or later you like to get pulse/pure and classic

you can vote this , i think it's althought valid

if not U have multiple choices ( thanks to another oversight of mine )

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

New Tracks , although old ones would be fine but I think it's time to move ahead.
    Who knows what SL has installed for us,just hope I'm still alive to see it.

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Citta has a hard chance to come back. Can't quote (Can't find it) but Colin said they didn't like it themselves (Liverpool) so if something else comes it could reuse ideas (He said there were good ideas in it, but it was badly executed somehow... I think the advert panel has something to do with it)

I don't get it what was wrong with the advert panel?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

New tracks altogether.

It shouldnt be about knowing the old shortcuts. New tracks give a fresh look to the race scene

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I'd love to see some of the 2097 tracks back, especially Valparaisso and Odessa Keys...but honestly it doesn't matter...I think we'd all just be glad to have new tracks whatever they may be.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

It would be interesting to see how they render underwater in HD (Vostok Reef), not using a tunnel like in Vineta-K (Which although purty prevents seeing outside )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCpWk1WRoc

http://www.oceandots.com/pacific/line/vostok.php

it would be amazing, i reckon upon SL could exploit and experiment with some cool wildlife...
    i'm little bit tired of the usuals little van, fire,ambulance or transport trucks around in the skies

Quote Originally Posted by komatos View Post
    Also would love to see Valparaiso from XL/2097 remade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRX6u...e=channel_page

how cool would be

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Manor Top, Stanza Inter, Hi Fumii, Mega Mall

non psp classic would make me really play this game more. i think keep new tracks for a full on new wipeout game. make HD the greatest hits, for the fans, and to get new people hooked.

altima vii
    karbonis
    silverstream
    gare d' europa
    valparaiso
    p-mar project
    Last edited by DawnFireDragoon; 25th April 2009 at 09:11 PM.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

A variety in the tracks made available for the DLC would be a good thing. I still play Pure and Pulse so the tracks are a lot fresher in my mind than the PSone games and Fusion. I would like to see a balanced selection, so maybe one or two tracks from each game depending on how it's done.

If there were to be any Pulse tracks the Pulse DLC tracks would be my top choice; there are those amongst us who have yet to race on them and Vostok Reef is a splendid circuit.

I'd be fine with any classic tracks, but the one I would love to have is Manor Top. The fireworks and giant screen would look excellent in HD and the track is fun to play. Or maybe a HD Gare d' Europa, that would be crazy with the giant jump.

Another thing would be if the tracks had some changes such as time of day to put them in a different light so to speal and make them fresher. I'm not sure what impact it would have on the nostalgia, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

What ever tracks we do get you can be sure there will be a huge surge in online play ,and this forum will light up like a Christmas tree with a huge amount of new threads.

Piraphaic,Flashback Jack,Asayyeah,Mad Ice & Leungbok will be hard at it trying to find every possible BR and short cut location,and we will all be looking at the records going WTF ,how did they get that time.
    Some things are just inevitable.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Manor Top, Stanza Inter, Hi Fumii, Mega Mall
    qft. wip3out tracks were outstanding. let's add P-Mar Project to that list though, shall we?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim1982 View Post
    I don't get it what was wrong with the advert panel?
    Try going there on Phantom. Soon enough you'll realize there is one advert panel you can hit pretty easily, and it's really annoying because a lot of times it makes you fall on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    i'm little bit tired of the usuals little van, fire,ambulance or transport trucks around in the skies
    Hehehe... They have what is called "whale ships" in Pulse... or underwater ships. XD Although there are a few small fishes as well from what I've seen, which is playing the track since three days ago (Not much then).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

then it wasn't my imagination, was seems to me to have seen like a " whale " on the " underwater track " there is what seems like a futuristic submersible as well

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sturm_Fury

I voted for exclusive, new tracks. My reasoning is as follows:

I want longer tracks. MUCH longer. I want the Nurburgring Nordschleife of Wipeout. I'd love to have tracks where the laps were more than 30 seconds long; I'm starting to feel like I'm racing around a gokart track with a jet fighter anymore, lol...especially in zone mode; it just feels ridiculously short. Also, I think it'd be awesome to really let these things stretch their legs in zone mode, even at the higher velocities; some straightaways would REALLY be nice, IMHO.

I mean, the Green Hell takes well over 8 minutes per lap with the average sports car going full tilt boogie. Most race cars are capable of it in 7.5 minutes, maybe longer, depending on the driver's skill and his familiarity with the track.

I don't need something quite THAT long, but something that lasts a couple minutes on Phantom would be nice.

Just my $0.02.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Sinucit
    As far as I remember it's 50 seconds per lap in Phantom on PurE