Thread: I hosted a bunch of races......

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Default I hosted a bunch of races......

while I was playing in another room. I was going to put this in the 1.30 complaint thread but I'm not sure this has anything to do with the update.

Last night I set up a room and was waiting for people to join. I'm fairly impatient and after a few minutes one person wandered in and promptly left so as I was quitting the room he joined again. When I went to the lobby my username was there hosting the race. I went in to join the race in progress and there wasn't two of me in there but my username was the host regardless. I even quit WHD and when I came back online it was still there. I must say I was impressed. I couldn't get anyone to join the race while I was actually there but there was a full room and whomever was actually running the room was switching the tracks and they must've had a good time since it went on for quite awhile.

I went ahead and joined other rooms while my name was hosting so it's all good but I wonder what was going on? Just a glitch in the Matrix?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Sorta in the same vein, i have raced under an assumed name. The host left, and I was transformed to him?!? I hosted. The wierd thing was my name showed up in the lobby, but in the actual race I was named like the previous host.

Maybe some poor sod can't sign on with his PSN account now... (it was Lain85 something)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Wow...that's pretty wacky!

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Hey, just happened upon this thread, but the same thing happens in Pulse online. When you set up a game, you can give it a name - your PSN ID is just the default name for the room, so if you don't change it, and somebody takes over hosting, the room stays open with that name. They're not using your account though - it's just the room name. You can still start another game, with a different name.
    Hope that's of some help.
    Last edited by MrSmadSmartAlex; 24th April 2009 at 05:29 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

That sort of makes sense but typically in HD when the host leave the room name changes to one of the remaining players. At least is has in the past.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I've hosted a lot and have frequently had the issue where I leave and my name still appears on the list as a host. If I try to fix it by hosting again then it still doesn't remove me as host of the original one, it just lists me twice. I think it usually fixes itself after a short while. It's definitely something that already happened before the update.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I believe this may be due to lag(again). Earlier today I was trying to race and the server kept kicking me out. I'd re-sign in and 10 mins. later it would kick me. Then the PSN signed me out. Just before this happened everyone on the list of races had "double" games going.

I think the server may have a hard time keeping up when multiple people quit at the same time, but it's just a guess on my part.

My advice is when your name, or someone else's name stays in double for too long, go back to the main menu, sign-out of PSN, then re-sign in. I didn't have it happen to me after that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Kigo and I were in some races last night,and honestly we both messaged each other at they same time asking if the host had switched to Rapier class.

The whole race was just slightly faster than Rapier even though it was supposed to be Phantom.
    That's the most bizarre lag I've come across so far.

We also must of raced Ubermall 10 times in a row,and every time the same weapon pads were out.