View Poll Results: What are your opinions regarding the 1.30 Patch

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it, I've had no problems.

11 11.58%
  • I like it,some problems, but I can live with them.

31 32.63%
  • I like it,but problems slightly annoying

32 33.68%
  • It's ok, but problems far outweight new features

12 12.63%
  • Nice idea, but it has ruined HD for me

8 8.42%
  • I don't like it ,take it out the back and shoot it !

1 1.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 1.30 PATCH POLL

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default The 1.30 PATCH POLL

I thought I'd start a poll to see what the general feeling is about the 1.30 patch/update.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 21st April 2009 at 12:23 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

blackwiggle I'm on late at night. I know you know that since I see you there. Honestly the first night of the update it was horrible but that's to be expected. Now when I'm on there's really not too many people on and as a result there's not many people joining or waiting on races which I believe adds to the problems inherent to the update. I'm sure if I were on earlier when the Euro guys play in mass I'd be more frustrated. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Last night I got disconnected from the very first race of a tournament and I've never had that happen before. I get a momentary freeze which I've grown to live with and it doesn't freak me out anymore although the first few times it happened I banged wall right after it unfroze. BR's seem to be less consistent but it's so arbitrary that I can't say for sure. Spectating a race is less than desirable. Other than that I'm fairly pleased.

I voted I like it,but problems slightly annoying

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Honestly I wish I could say what my opinion was but ever since the new patch went live I havent been able to play online with my main account and that completely discourages me from playing the game at all. It really dissapoints me because I was looking forward to playing online with the new features. Please fix this bug.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Just a rant - deleted the rant to spare you all.

Copy-And-Paste Stinkleroy's comments over here...
    Last edited by IH8YOU; 21st April 2009 at 09:52 AM.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

think i am really in the minority for liking the patch

the bad thing (lag when ppl join a race in progress) is not a game killer for me, and all the new things, especially being able to see all the races going on and thus reinvigorating online play far, far outway this issue.

Hopefully with a bit of thought this lag can be reduced further, but even if it stays as is i think the patch overall is a good thing!

random thought on spectator mode:
    The implementation for spectators is a bit iffy, mostly because of the fps, so maybe instead of giving cockpit views have an overhead representation of the course with ships on it, think pixel junk racers Something to reduce the impact on players is the important goal though and ghosts jumping in their cockpit is not helpful...

too much thinking, not enough coffee, must run
    Last edited by rushin; 21st April 2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: some stuff about spectator mode

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I like it,some problems, but I can live with them.

I experienced some freezes the first night but nothing since then.
    I like some of the new functions like quick-joining with a friend, in-game invitation, or the badges.
    It's still not perfect, and something has to be done for the solo mode (AI cheating too much because ... it's a bad AI -__-) but, i like that step.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I think everbody knows my feelings on this patch. It's ruined the game for me, not just the glitches but the infinate amount of mines and obstacles on the track make this game highly unenjoyable for me now. I mostly race against other zoners these days but even that couldn't save me last night, I just had to turn HD off before my PS3 got hurled through the window. Racing conditions are key for me, at the moment its

I just pray these bugs get fixed as I can't see me playing for much longer if they don't.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Pretty much anything create/made/constructed or whatever this decade technology wise shouldnt have high expectation, for example Cunty Windows Vista.

But in this case ANY advance is an IMPROVEMENT and can be edited in the future. So it is welcome regardless of the shittyness of the problem. We'll see if these problems are resolved in the future.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Well, i dont find it hard to do barrel rolls nowadays, hardly notice the difference :S

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Well, I find it only slightly annoying. But if "Invites Only" weren´t a part of the new patch, I would find it absolutely horrible - (don´t get me wrong: I like every thing about the new patch; if it was working as intended, no micro-freezes, 15 mines at the final straight of Sol2 , etc.). Public rooms come almost unplayable, when there are lots of wipers in the lobby checking in and out. Lots of these annoyances are eliminated, when playing "Invites Only", but then again WO looses it´s social aspect aka meeting new players.

Last night was my worse night yet:

Logged on. All games in progress (known friends already in long tournament). Spent 10+ minutes manually checking through races (don't like to join while in progress, because you don't know whether another will become available sooner and I know it glitches those who are racing). Why can't it show you which are in progress, and how far through they are progressed, on the lobby list itself! Broken record I know, but it's so simple and obvious a thing to do.

Got into a game. Or thought I had. I was hard-locked at the track load screen (I think this tends to happen when you join just at the moment that the race has been initiated). Manually restarted PS3.

Repeated first experience for 5+ minutes.

Got into a game (now 20+ minutes after turning on PS3 - before the patch, 2 minutes was the most I had ever waited). Mini-freeze glitches wreck first lap, as does a missile which can now halt you for several seconds it seems. Spend race running into multiple, sometimes lap-old, mines and bombs, which are now far more prevalent and destructive in terms of the age it takes to recover speed. 2 of 7 players already quit after lap 1. Put in 3 good races and make it to overall 2nd. 2 more players quit. Make it to overall 1st after 5 of 8 races. Remaining 2 players, whom I have just overtaken, quit, ending the tournament early.

Spend several minutes attempting to find another race. Enter, but hard locks again.

Restart PS3 and play Killzone instead...

OK, so not every session is like that, but that a session like that is possible is unacceptable, especially given that all of these problems (bar the annoying 'quit because I'm not winning/can't win' brigade) were introduced by the patch itself! There's something else they should add - penalties for quitting, the most obvious being that if you quit you cannot join another race/tournament until the one you quit has actually finished! Or even deduct ranking points for quitting...

I really like(d) this game; just wished they'd tested/Beta'd the patch a little more first...

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I haven't had the dreaded barrell roll problem... yet, and being able to join races while they were in progress was a good way of getting your foot in the door, so to speak, but seems to be the main issue behind all the new bugs while racing online.

I also prefer the old loading bar, but that's just me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

The change in BR's really frustrates me, considering i find them of high priority to get as much of an edge in a race or keep up with others that BR frequently. The timing changes and sometimes completely null (like today on Chengu Proj. last jump..plenty of air time, no BR registered)
    And then again there's the instances when the BR is pulled off when you land, loosing shield with no BR..."Were were you 2sec ago when i inputed the BR!"
    Last edited by DividedXZero; 21st April 2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typo

PSN ID
    Amorbis

The problems that the patch were obvious on day one, but since then I've grown used to them. They are still a nuisance whilst racing so like many others I just work around them by joining friends only games and so on. Micro freezing is the biggest problem I have with the patch and if that went I'd be happy. The changes made to handling for me might have just been down to the Placebo effect, but I still think there might be a small difference. It really is a confusing subject .

I can still enjoy the game even with small issues. I'm looking forward to a patch that fixes freezing issues, if nothing else.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Well I just casted my vote under "Nice idea, but it has ruined HD for me". I did this because I think that the patch features are cool, but ever since the patch I have not been able to play online with my main PSN ID which is f'ing complete bull. Thanks.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Wow I am really surprised with the results of this poll. I am literally amazed at how many people that are willing to put up with this laggy, microfreeze nightmare of an experience now...very strange!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Well, I put down slightly annoying, beacuse, well, I still play despite the microfreezes ruining every 5 race or so. Maybe I have just been lucky find full rooms to race in, with not that many arrivals/departs?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I am very sparsely experiencing the microfreezes everyone seems to be so upset about...

The only thing about 1.3 that really pisses me off is the added power given to the weapons. Luck is now outweighing skill by a large margin in weapons races. As long as they don't fix that, it's only Avalon for me.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I find the freezes only happen when there is less than 8 people racing so they are (probably) caused by people joining the game or spectating. I had 1 race last night where I must have glitched about 4 times in under a lap. Not sure if someone was watching me then moving on and coming back to spectate me but it cost me a good few seconds.

RE - non weapon races - Before the update was it still possible to be rammed off the road in these races ?? I just find half the battle is avoiding people who try to ram you off the track yet I seem to remember before that although you could see the other crafts you couldn't really crash into them. Quite probably my imagination but if someone could clarify that would be great.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BlochNWhitey

I just have to say it, the only thing that bugs me about this patch are all the bogus Single Race times due to multiplayer spectating. D< Srsly, delete the bogus times already.