Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: shipdesign analysis

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

one great nice touch about piranha design, and liveries ,you have forgot, maybe you do not have noticed, take a look on the base of the cockpit, where the glass are next to the metal, you can spot a set of detailed carves on the glass, customized for each one of the liveries, the first one is simple a set of two horizontal carves, the second is made this way ^^^^^^^^,
    on the third one you can see them made like a lightning shape.
    each one takes up the decals of the respective livery

those touches are pure 100 % GENIUS by SL , KUDOS to the designers !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Default nice attention for detail

you sir is awesmoe, i never seen that before thnx, this realy shows that SL really dont **** around when making their designs. also have you ever taken a good look at weapons in the game? anthony pointed this out to me and i took some photos. there are handling instructions on the bomb,mines and rockets OMG!!!!
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 18th April 2009 at 06:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes i have! it's astonishing, i don't remenber what is write on the rockets , but was something cool, i see if i can take a couple of good shots, i have one of the mines already, i will post it

on a side note have you ever noticed the animation of the bomb, to be more specificaly the bomb countdown?! i'ts awesome, resembles a rubik cube but spherical , i will rename it " the rubik sphere "

ALL HAIL TO STUDIO LIVERPOOL!!!!

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    coming up.
    its the winner of many design awards such as: "best camo pattern on AG craft", "most likely-craft-to-be-hurled-into-a-store-window-during-a-riot" and last but not least "fastest military barrack"
    I think at least 2/3 of those is Triakis.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

the triakis won them all. and its coming up sometime today.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

Motorsagmannen, you said you took pictures of the weapons? Would it be possible for you to share them somehow? I'd very much like to see this, myself!

Also, awesome thread, man. Great breakdown of the design of the craft.
    Just don't forget about the teeth on the bottom of the Triakis now, yea?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

TRIAKIS:
    the triakis is yet another all angular designed craft. It is a dual-hull ship and the first main aspects that separates the triakis from other crafts in WO-HD is that its a dual-hull ship but it still has a long nose in the middle section, so it could almost be called a triple bodied ship. And also the architecture between the center and the two body-hulls is made far denser than on any other dual-hull (except from the zone craft, but I will get back to that on in the 13th segment of this) . Despite having long and sleek dual-hulls, the way they are built solid instead of hollow like most of the other of this type means that it still look rugged. And the overall bodythickness is quite consistent all over. Covering every surface of the body is a thick riveted armourplating, even covering the engine there is a diamond shaped armourpiece surrounding the exhaust in all directions even underneath. The chassis underneath the armour looks like its made from quite solid steel beams( especially the massive “V”shaped beam connecting all three hulls.) and although it looks rather sleek it also looks extremely heavy.
    It actually has quite an array of airintakes but these are implemented quite discretely. First its one rather big one on the tip of each dual-hull, these without doubt fuel the boost-engines in the far end of their respective hull. On the center body there is three intakes, one small on top of the nose quite easily visible (mainly beacause of the three metal coloured spikes sticking out past it, these spikes are also located on the next airintake). One huge underneath the broadest part of the nose covering 80% of the surface in the width, and one more, behind that sticking out slightly more leading directly into the engine ( it has a slight blue glow emitting from the inside.). It also has plenty of coolingribs to, the most prominent being the big one right underneath the cockpit, it seems to be connected with the big airduct underneath the nose and might work as an intercooler for the engine. These cooling ribs are also visible on each dual-hull, located right after the intakes. So this strengthens my intercooler hypothesis.
    Another quite distinctive detail on this craft is the flashing blue and red lights mounted on the backside of the wide part of the nose, and right above the engine, many ships have these but not in quite an annoying way like the triakis.
    When it comes to make a judgement regarding the triakis`s handling ability I can sum up a couple of things, its a huge and massive ship but the airbrakes are tiny and also it has small or no wings.
    In the exhaust department you could definitely say that the triakis have a huge main exhaust, its big and hexagonal, mounted in th very middle of the craft. It also have quite large rectangular boost engines, mounted far to the back on each dual-hull.
    Its weapons consist of one gatling cannon concealed in each bridge-section between the main hull and the outside-hulls, located safe behind the massive “V” beam.
    (P.S the triakis have no AG-generator underneath it, the same applies to the assegai, the mirage and the auricom to, odd.)
    Livery:
    green camouflage with beige details (woodland)
    left hull tip have the writing “TRIAKIS” right tip has the slogan “THREE TIMES MORE POWER”
    black, white and gray camouflage (urban)
    “TRIAKIS” is moved to the back side of the left hull, right side is the same
    beige, dark brown, and red`ish brown (desert)
    same logos as #1
    I like the #2 one best nuff said, its all camo`s for pete`s sake
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 19th April 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Default is it future proof?

you will find out in the next segment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Hooray. That's the one I'm waiting for

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

this thread come better and better at every step

mate, not that i want to steal your work , that is very excellent, and be a know-it-all nipticking but i have some points i have noticed maybe can help you:
    this is what i've gather on mounths of observing

-some ship actually have headlights, in some way like cars have, i do not know if the fuction is the same however, you can easily spot them on piranha, goteki, eg-x, harimau

-you have completely omited to describe the on-board instrumentation and monitors, i think it is a quite important aspect, to describe even what it is into the cockpit since it is the first wipeout where you can see this WELL and DETAILED, and if one noticed it SL have done an excellent work in this as well, every ship have its own monitor and driving diagnostics with light and animation

-the little but relevant script ( i think UBER COOL ) here and there on the ships hulls like in the piranha near exhaust " danger hot exhaust " " danger intake " , on the left side of triakis 1st livery " optical giga sensor.." ," heavy duty alloy " on it and on assegai as well, and so on...

-just to know how many of you know there is a radioactivity simbol on the goteki ship but i will not say where it is hide, the first that will spot it win a prize heheehe

-describing the " anti-gravity generator and what kind it is, circular rotary, or squared
    TRIAKIS:
    (P.S the triakis have no AG-generator underneath it, the same applies to the assegai and th mirage to, odd.)
    some not have it exposed, maybe internal?

-
    TRIAKIS:
    It actually has quite an array of airintakes but these are implemented quite discretely. First its one rather big one on the tip of each dual-hull, these without doubt fuel the boost-engines in the far end of their respective hull.
    i think these big " airducts " are weapons bay actually, every ship should have the same weapons mounted when you observed triakis first thing you noticed is that it haven't any exposed ( as for some others ship ) a part the two gutling guns,this, plus the black& yellow strips on the tips of the hulls just near the holes bring me to the conclusion that " things " come out from there instead of enter

-the " materials " textures, as sure you have noticed every ship have different array of textures underneat " all that is printed over " like livery colours, scripts, sponsors and weathering( UBERCOOL ), this textures still to indicate the kind of material in which the ship's built i think, as an exemple the assegai " honeycomb texture " on a side note this kind of textures very own of assegai is present on mirage too but very very less prominent and you have to look very vey deep

-piranha and harimau are the 2 only ship , from what i have observed, in which the underside/ belly of the ship chage in colour/ tone ( metal tone ) depending by the livery

-feisar and icaras share some construciotn parts/ instruments like on-board main monitor, AG generator, a coulple of " boost "/ support exhaust...i think i have no need to explain why, right?

- the barcodes, sincerely i like the bar-codes on most of the ships liveries BUT SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN THEM TO ME?

i know i'm really maniacal
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 19th April 2009 at 01:10 AM.