Is it just me, or do you have a difficult time finding players for games you're hosting when you have Pilot Assist banned on your game? It seems like it takes forever to get one or two players in the door.

Conversely, I do think it's funny when I gain control of a popular server due to the original starter leaving...and deactivate Pilot Assist. The first race after, I keep seeing these people "eliminating themselves" over and over...and end up lapping two or three of them. I sort of feel like an ass for doing so, but...I still think it's funny, lol.

On the other hand, though, the few people who have joined my games knowing Pilot Assist is disabled have given me some darn good races; I actually end up in second or third a lot, rather than ending up with a ridiculous 20 second (or more) lead on the guy in 2nd place. When I win, there's never more than a second, maybe two, between us; and THAT makes for a good race. The people who show up to these races make me fight hard for a podium finish, and I love it.

So, here's my question: has the Pilot Assist notification become something of a bane to you as well, as far as finding players goes? Or is it just my imagination?