Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great game!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

You can take the engine of a volkswagen and put it into the engine of a porsche.

before or after Volkswagen took control of Porsche and engineers were able to switch motors from one VW to a Porsche and backwards.

:-? ...

since Ferdinand Porsche designed both the original Volkswagen and the original Porsche with the same basic mechanical design, interchangeability was fairly easy in the early models. even up to the time of my 1962 Porsche cabrio, which i unfortunately no longer own, it was still easy. after the 911 model Porsche came out in the mid-60s, this was no longer true. now, for many years, the European VWs have not even had a rear-engine design. interchangeability does not exist between VW and Porsche. while it is true that you can put any engine from any car into any other car if you're willing to make extensive modifications, that does not constitute interchangeability

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

before I go
    to mention the new VW beetle with turbo and four wheel drive
    make that the first car designed by VW with that capability
    and I am asking lance this
    does the Porsche 944 1989 model is it a four cyclinder with turbo or six?
    I am buying one for $2500 and everything is brand new except the interiour and tented windows.

all of the model 944 [and also the 924 models with an Audi engine] had four-cylinder inline engines mounted in front, but driving the rear wheels. there was no six available for Porsche's front-engined cars. the 928 [a completely different chassis from the 924] had a V8 in front driving the rear wheels

btw, there was a VW model called the Synchro which had four wheel drive back in the 80's. it was a small station wagon version of one of the small front-wheel-drive sedans

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Wipeout Deutesch
    Das ist snell
    Das ist coolist TV game un globe

Lance
    good, because I haven't even driven the car yet, I have seen it inside and out, but one of my friends, friend asked me if I knew anything about cars and I said yes, started talking about the two cars I preparing to get. started on the porsche and he couldn't believe a 944 turbo was four cyclinder. With the huge and massive Air Mass system it had,I couldn't believe it myself. I thought it was a six, but the dealer said it was four.