Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: botched ranking online?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Losing ranks would only encourage stat padders or quiters who are afraid to lose their ranking. The quiters problem can be easily solved though. Then you'll get the people making new accounts to start on the middle rank again. Then you'll get people like me who are turned off online mode because they don't want to lose ranking *hides*
    Last edited by rdmx; 13th April 2009 at 02:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

If the rating went down by inactivity and quitting people would not stop to play to keep their rating as it would not be kept. A record of highest achieved rating for a player could be kept in addition so there would be a record of how good you once was. So the only possible way to keep the current rating and not loose it would be to play and win. And if creating a new account would mean you would loose all wipeout trophies and personal records I think that would keep most people from doing that. People who do not like ratings could be given the possibility to create unrated games.
    Last edited by Lance; 13th April 2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements section.

PSN ID
    d4onps

Yes, I also find the ranking system to be a bit pointless if it's just based on how much one plays. I'm only hoping that it gets exponentially tougher to get the higher ranks. The new ranking feature made online play more of an incentive to play. Usually, I'm just after trying to beat TT and SL times. But I do agree with what has been said that it has brought alot of players online and it's been great fun racing with you all!

PSN ID
    chboing

i disconnected from a race yesterday.
    and this mornig, i just notice i had less progression in the 20 rank so you can loose some % ....

edit : happened to me again, was level 23, first race ps3 crashes, i reconnect and i'm level 22
    Last edited by chboing; 14th April 2009 at 01:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

chboing picks up a point here , happened to me too just beginning building up the ranks. dropped from rank 3 to 1 just because of ongoing server disconnections. This is a little annoying cause you get punished for something which is not your fault ...I mean the server issues are somewhat annoying already, but that it makes you lose points because the game does take it as 'quitting' is not so funny