Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vote: If sl cannot fix the problems, do you still want the patch?

PSN ID
    GreenPhazon

I feel the patch has been nothing but good. The onyl issue I have now is finding online races is a pain, as there are so many icons.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by Vartazian View Post
    that the mines are the things that are really bugging you in this Arguement.
    Well I have mentioned other issues a fair bit too. It's probably true that right now mines seem to be the worst aspect for me right now, but as I mentioned in the other thread that may be due to differences in connection as they're absolutely fine in the offline game. But I know some people with really high speed connections that still get a lot of bad lag issues, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether I should upgrade. It coul djust be a waste of money.
    Also, I think it probably bugs you most that it bugs me most so we got stuck in a vicious cycle. Agree to disagree and drop it now? Hehe, and I'm not usually so passionate or angry, I'm just having a weird time right now. The real world has seemed a bit off to me recently - something's just not quite right with the my world. As sad as it sounds WipEout HD was my constant. Now it's changed I just feel a bit lost. Coupled with the anniversary of a family death and my Dad being a bit ill (getting over it now thankfully) I suppose I've been wrongly directing all my emotion at this update. A bit silly of me but there you go.

Are you getting negative or neutral rep? I thought I got some negative but I think now actually it's neutral, even though I'm not sure neutral is an explicit option. Anyway, I agree and would encourage everyone to not give negative rep to people for having a disagreement and sharing their opinions. Thanks.

EDIT: I'll keep my complaints to the right thread now because my posts stopped being about the vote a while ago. Sorry about that everyone.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 10th April 2009 at 12:57 PM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Sorry to go off topic but in answer to some peoples fibre optic queries, I have a 10mb fibre optic connection and I also get horrible lag...the ISP still chokes your connection at certain high traffic times

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I vote for the patch. But it does have a feeling of "beta" quality to it. I hope there are some fixes for the problems without too much delay.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I vote also for the patch.

Why ?
    Wipeout HD original = 18 euros + patch enables playing the laps you wanted till 20, the BR on/off option, the ranking , badges, sending invite to friends for your race or tourney, and all those little details ( possibilitie to join a tour or race of your friends and waiting into a room)

SL did a lot for us , imo, so please be kind with them , things will get in order soon, bugs will be solved , i am sure.
    ( sorry typing this in the shop/ still working so i can't tell everything i want ;, no time would be a better reason )

When I get home I will try and switch this to a actual vote selection, if I can edit it that way. The yes/no will be regards to:

If studio liverpool CANNOT stop the 2 second stops in gameplay/ barrel rolls not working, do you want the patch

yes
    no

This will clear up the question a little bit. This way the question regards what ifs and there is no ambiguity.

I am not sure which way I would vote. I would have to go with the patch I think under this circumstance, because I can play with my son in multiplayer. Man, this is a hard one. I am going to test playing against Isaac , who lives upstairs, and see if there is lag when we are so close.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Yes for the patch, it will probably brings new players on wipeout (even if i dislike some parts of the new gameplay, but this is only my personal taste )

PSN ID
    kgb1971

You have to vote for the patch, you know it makes sense. We all want it to grow and grow.

Someone tell me when some of the bugs are fixed as my wife tells me I am decorating all easter. Won't be online for a bit, you are all gonna get those ranks before me.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

@ Saturn - Aight man Ill agree to Disagree... everyone has the right to hold their own opinions on the topic.

Also... It was negative rep. Big, ol, Red dot o death. I was somewhat insulted by some of these people Being so close minded to other people thoughts.

However... Ihope they do change some of the bugs and return wipeout to its former glory!

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

No patch - more tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't know if having a faster connection speed would ever sort out the lag problem.
    It seems we are throttled by the PSN ,take how long it takes you to download anything from the store or download the latest update for example,ages compared to downloading something to your PC.
    Because of the now feature laden PS3 OS [it's starting to become a Gamers console version of VISTA]things are bound to be slow, and the more features they add the slower things will become,you have messaging,chat,voice chat all operation at the same time,all available on call from all the people on your friends list,no wonder things are slow and we are suffering the lag problems.

If you have a look at all the things we have requested in the "What would you like to see" thread.
    Well I think you would have to agree the SL did a bloody god job with this patch.

Sure we are experiencing some problems,but we had that before with the second HD patch,people have forgotten all about that one.

Although it's a bit of a bummer with some of the problems,what would you have preferred? that the game stagnate [it was beginning to,you just had to look at the online board for proof]

I'm giving it the thumbs up .
    Maybe if we had the ability to tailor the PS3's operation system to turn off some of the "Features" for individual games [giving optimal online performance] and keep those as a preset for each game,then maybe the lag problem would disappear.

No and my reasons... (i did write out alot but i've edited to things that i don't think other people have mentioned!)

I'm a little confused by the ranking system does this re-set every month or can some one thats an average pilot be higher rank than a great pilot because the average pilot plays more? ie i work long hours lol

As i don't play for trophies and i don't really play single player i only play multi and my aim is to race the best pilots and to try and beat the world record on which ever track we are racing on, i can only comment on that and 1 of them options is now gone because if the track requires a barrel role your never beat the record any more!

why is it you can no longer change the number of players that can join the game? it would be nice to set it to say 5 to reduce the number of spectators.

Personally i think that the patch should have been tested more before it was realsed, i can see how it can make the game better but not in it's current form.

1 last thing, i herd some one mention some thing about records being set that are to fast? If anyone plays F1 they might have noticed that SL never re-set the glitched times on there so i can see them not doing the same for wipeout!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The positions still adjust with account for Lag or Glitch ,if and when it is detected,that might be a problem,the actual detection might of changed,I don't know.

What would be nice if this thread was locked or deleted. I phrased the question wrong at first, now people aren't reading the rephrasing of the question which was

IF SL CANNOT FIX THE PROBLEMS, DO YOU STILL WANT THE PATCH?

Not if or maybe, not what if they work on it

, say they can't make barrel rolls work right. I have missed near 10 in a race due to the bug. Say the 2 second or so delays keep happening, and they cannot fix it.

don't get me wrong, I hope they can fix it, but I'm worrying here.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Tough question.

If they can or can't "Fix" the BR situation I'd still keep it,so a yes.

Was this performance hit "Purposeful"?
    Colin thinks not,just a by product of something else that was changed.
    With my Dr Negativo suit on, I'm having my doubts about that.

The way I'm looking at it the patch has as given the game some sorely needed legs,so I would still say yes, mainly because more people are playing it now.
    Pretty pointless being a master of a game hardly anybody plays,no matter how good that game is/was.

I think that might of been part of the problem,some people got so good at the game while others just plateaued [didn't practice] ,the discrepancy in skills was obvious,that's why so many chucked it in after being thrashed race after race.

This is what I think might of been a reason for the performance hit [conspiracy theory like I know ] if it WAS purposeful.

If there was a option to roll back the patch,how many would?

We are looking at it in a pretty one eyed way as die hard Wipeout nuts,if you look at it in a more general overall perspective you have to ask,will it get more people playing Wipeout,I think it will,which is what we all want in the long run,and I'm sure SL and SCEE want that as well.

All that being said.

I would REALLY like to be able to race as before.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Yes, even with the issues, I prefer the game with the patch.
    - Offline is more or less unaffected
    - Online is better, more options and no more annoying bomb explosions.
    Sure there are slowdowns and BR are harder but well.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I just got a major F*** you from the wipeout gods... Me and Darkdrium77 were racing last night. and in 16 races I won One.

But guess what? in about 7 of the races he got photo finishe because he got turbos when I would be in first

or

he would get mines (too many for one person to count) or turbos In the lead..

SL REALLY needs to fix the weapons given to People in Seconds to be more missiles turbos or quakes. It was Unbelievable how many Shields and bombs I recieved while in second almost Drove me insane

Luckilly I didnt launch my controller (but man I was Really F***ing close to).

DD77 is an amazing racer though and admits that he got 4 turbos a race and that I should of won more then I actually did, but a Win isnt a win unless it says 1 - Vartazian

Im just venting... but maybe its a sign I need more practice.

Clearly 5 hours a day isnt enough.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@ blackwiggle. I have this feeling too, that the new patch helps to slowdown the fast pilots (like you i'm a sort of fox mulder ). But it was here from the beginning with the long range quakes (more than pulse) and the persistent bombs.
    Really, i have two antagonists feelings about that :
    1/ (As a speed addict and compulsive searcher of tricks to improve it ^^)SL don't rewards his hardcore fans, those who are working a lot to master the game for good results (including the difficult mastery of all brs), but helps the casual gamers in their lazyness (of course it's caricatural, some people have no time to play), to artificially improve their results. I really hates that (not only on video games) ! People wants to be good and renowned WITHOUT ANY EFFORTS !!! WTF !

2/ (as a multiplayer addict who loves fun races and "coups de théâtre"^^) I'm happy if more people are coming in the game and as i already said twice on other thread, new gameplay (mines etc.) is a new challenge to master. And it's cool to have big fights sometimes, even if i loose ! And be sure i'll have no scruples to use quakes or tons of mines if i can I'm sure, mates, that skills will always win at the end, and even if i'm not as pleased as my friend Asa, i think after much thought, that the patch is a good thing on the long term.

Hey SL, it's time to give us new tracks to find huge amounts of br and shortcuts on it and also the best places where to leave mines

Hope my awfull english will be well understood, my goal isn't to hurt anybody, just to explain my two cents on different feelings i guess in some post since 2 days

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes indeed. 4 turbo per race, at the very least 3, for a streak of 15 races, is something I've never got before. Maybe I am lucky, but I have doubts...
    The mines and bomb combos as well that showed up occasionally also were pretty good timing...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The more I play online the LESS I'm beginning to like this new patch.

Getting eliminated at the second corner of the first lap on Moa Therma never happened before.

I ran into a bomb,got hit with a missile,ran into another bomb then got hit with rockets all in the space of 3 seconds...WTF

Damm glitches have cost me big time,Murphy's law tells you that is going to happen at the worse possible moment,and it does.

I had a race on Vineta K reverse phantom and lead for the majority of it,not one weapon pad work for me until the last lap,I thought maybe the host had selected weapons off,they hadn't.

I have had my console freeze on me 4 times in 2 hours,it's probably done that as many times since I got it over 2 years ago,every time was just as a race was loading.

As interesting as the concept of the update is , bottom line is.

It doesn't work properly.